Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Great drive!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Offensive explosion by Duke. Didn’t think we’d score 10 today, much less 1st half.
    if we win this game, and end up missing a bowl because we pissed away so many earlier games, i'm going to be unhappy. I mean, thrilled that we won...but unhappy that we blew the opportunity to be better.
    April 1

Great response! Go Duke!

If anyone's interested in keeping @awhom111 company, he's in Chat with no one to talk to.

DBR Chat

"If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select "Blue" at the bottom.
    If it's running too fast for you, you can always check out the chat archive to catch up.
    As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines."

I get it that there’s bad weather, but what an absolutely abhorrent playing field. Unacceptable for a power-5 conference field; we’re at 4 (?) non contact injuries so far and counting.

For what it’s worth 23 on Miami, who’s been able to play a little bit, also needed to be helped off the field after pregame stretching.

Quote Originally Posted by bedeviled View Post
    If anyone's interested in keeping @awhom111 company, he's in Chat with no one to talk to.

DBR Chat

"If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select "Blue" at the bottom.
    If it's running too fast for you, you can always check out the chat archive to catch up.
    As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines."
    Where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by ndkjr70 View Post
    I get it that there’s bad weather, but what an absolutely abhorrent playing field. Unacceptable for a power-5 conference field; we’re at 4 (?) non contact injuries so far and counting.

For what it’s worth 23 on Miami, who’s been able to play a little bit, also needed to be helped off the field after pregame stretching.
    I hope you are aware that this field is about 10,000 times better than it was before the renovations.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

There's a lot about Duke football to gripe about but I thought improvements to the field put it in the top tier of playing surfaces in CFB. First I've heard about it being substandard.

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    I hope you are aware that this field is about 10,000 times better than it was before the renovations.
    Yes it is...it's one of the best, or prettiest, fields in the country. Unfortunately...vis a vis the rest of the renovations...oh never mind.

I don’t know why the announcers want to blame the Miami injuries on the field. For a rainy day, the field looks just fine to me. There aren’t any puddles. There aren’t any bare spots. Of course, you see cleat marks but you see that even on dry days. Don’t expect to see a bright green natural field in NC on November 30. Without dying the field, that’s impossible. It’s been cold here lately.

Wasn’t aware that it was renovated. Since it may be confusing, I am a Miami alum. Active here because both of my parents went to Duke (they didn’t have my major!) but the opinion I’ve gotten from those around me who are big Duke fans are that this is a substandard playing surface; and the 5+ injuries in the first half seemed to corroborate that (potentially mis)information.

Roper should be parking cars out in the parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    I don’t know why the announcers want to blame the Miami injuries on the field. For a rainy day, the field looks just fine to me. There aren’t any puddles. There aren’t any bare spots. Of course, you see cleat marks but you see that even on dry days. Don’t expect to see a bright green natural field in NC on November 30. Without dying the field, that’s impossible. It’s been cold here lately.
    I am currently very wet so I do not hear the announcers

You guys are getting the pleasure of seeing the worst offensive line in the country go to work. 50 and 63 just blocked each other, which is... nice

Wave to the camera. I want proof of life.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Wave to the camera. I want proof of life.
    Waving. I’m the guy in the raincoat.

Drowned out by the loud crowd no doubt.

Well Tar Heel Woody Junior Durham loves to zap Duke FB in every little subtle way possible....that's the deal. Has he called it "Wallace Wade OUTDOOR Stadium" yet today?

Football is ment to be played in all conditions.they baby highschool now by switching game days if it sprinkles.gate will be just as lousy on monday or thursday.
    We only canceled because of hurricane this year.the way it should be .screw in your long cleats and play.

The field has Prescription Athletic Turf and has great drainage. Injuries can’t be blamed on the field. It must be there shoes.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com