Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Just saw that one of our few bright lights on the football field, kicker AJ Reed, has chosen to graduate and leave the program...might he kick elsewhere next year? He's had a very solid season, one that few expected.
    Bracey is also leaving town, though his production never remotely approached expectations. Best of luck to both of them.
    Sorry to hear on both. Reed was rock solid this year, and arguably our offensive MVP, at least in conference play. And Bracey has had, while not exactly a breakthrough season, certainly a solid one that could have been something more than that with a more accurate QB and more imaginative play calling.

Per wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E...all_bowl_games

Number of bowl berths available: 78
    Number of bowl–eligible teams: 73

Teams that must win their final game for bowl eligibility
    ACC (2): Boston College, North Carolina
    Big Ten (2): Michigan State, Nebraska
    Big 12 (1): TCU
    MAC (1): Kent State
    Pac-12 (2): Colorado, Oregon State
    SEC (1): Mississippi State
    Sun Belt (2): Troy, UL Monroe
    Independent (1): Liberty[b]

Per Vegasinsider: https://www.vegasinsider.com/college...boston-college

MichSt -22
    Liberty -14
    TCU -13.5
    UNC -9
    MissSt -2.5
    -----------------------
    KentSt +4.5
    Neb +5.5
    BC +9
    Troy +12.5
    OrSt +19.5
    LA-M +20
    Colo +28.5

Forecast- cool-40's but hopefully dry, and the canes go down

Quote Originally Posted by du_bb1 View Post
    Forecast- cool-40's but hopefully dry, and the canes go down
    Jim Cantore says that low humidity and cool temps take the strength out of hurricanes...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Jim Cantore says that low humidity and cool temps take the strength out of hurricanes...
    Who would know better???

"This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Gameday Saturday. Go Devils.

Where is the game being telecast?

Looks like ESPN2..

Almost 10AM, and I'm trying to decide on whether to go to the game. My crew is not all that interested, given that its raining in Durham with a 70% chance to continue raining during game time. I might just go by myself... it is the last game. I sat through the Clemson game in the rain back when Spurrier won. Anybody else going?

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by billwh View Post
    Almost 10AM, and I'm trying to decide on whether to go to the game. My crew is not all that interested, given that its raining in Durham with a 70% chance to continue raining during game time. I might just go by myself... it is the last game. I sat through the Clemson game in the rain back when Spurrier won. Anybody else going?
    The forecast went from rain starting early evening to starting mid-afternoon to the reality of raining early morning.

I’m like you, my crew is not going. I missed the Syracuse game because I was sick, and really shouldn’t go today, but I will show up, at least for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    The forecast went from rain starting early evening to starting mid-afternoon to the reality of raining early morning.

I’m like you, my crew is not going. I missed the Syracuse game because I was sick, and really shouldn’t go today, but I will show up, at least for a while.
    We'll be there about 115 PM for the Devil Walk at our usual location, The TB'CC tent, next to the Omegas. Not sure how long we'll stay when it's raining, 47 degrees and we've not played very good football for several weeks now.

Drop by and say hello.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I am guessing if you go- you may be able to sit in the best seats on the fields. Looks like a messy day out there today.

We have 6 seats, Section 6, row X (50 yard line). We have had these seats since 1981 (same with our Cameron seats). Man I hate missing this game .... My crew is going to talk again at 2:15 and decide. Takes me about 30 minutes to get to Duke. We park in the Science Drive/751 parking lot. So easy to walk in at game time...

We'll be there cheering like hell... for all of the following...

Updating @DukeChronicle, DUKE MUST WIN VS MIAMI and only 1 below can win:

3:30pm Michigan State -17.5 (MD)

3:30pm Boston College +8 (Pitt)

4:00pm Oregon State +20.5 (Oregon)

7:00pm North Carolina -6.5 (NC State)

7:30pm Colorado +28 (Utah)

7:30pm Lousiana-Monroe +21 (Louisiana)

That's quite a parlay to ask for... and I can't even begin to pull for Maryland... oomph.
    Last edited by Truth; 11-30-2019 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Fixed formatting from copy & paste

Bob Green

I'm about to buy a ticket for the game but I'm hoping to get one in the covered area due to the weather. Does anyone know which rows are covered?

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    I'm about to buy a ticket for the game but I'm hoping to get one in the covered area due to the weather. Does anyone know which rows are covered?
    Not nearly enough. Coulda woulda shoulda with the renovation....

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Not nearly enough. Coulda woulda shoulda with the renovation...
    Yeah, I gave up and went with row B

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    It is indeed, Bob - I feel the same way that JD does regarding David Cutcliffe.

Speaking of good articles - Steve Wiseman's in today's N&O is excellent (as usual). Here's the money quote...

"The good thing for Duke is if it can find a way to fix all the things it has done wrong during the five-game losing streak, it only has to do it in one game to have a chance to keep its season going.
    It's a simple ask but, given how Duke has played the last five games, a tall one at the same time."

It's time to salvage some respect, (way past) time for the offense to step up to the plate, and beat the Canes!