Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
Well Jim, this is true, Duke has been at least 3-5 in ACC play in six of the last seven years.
All of this points to the fact that we are a mid-level ACC team in the 4-4 range give or take a game each season. Much better than before; not as well as we would like to be.

But other than Clemson, who has consistently stayed up top? FSU, Miami and VT have cratered. Duke, Wake, and UVA have come off the bottom. UNC has consistently underperformed relative to recruited talent. We have one good team and fourteen so-so P5 teams.

This hits the nail on the head for this year, but seems to be most years the last decade: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ch/2589569001/

But I think you have to admit, that's a nice massage of reality.
Another way of looking at it is that over the past four seasons, we are 10-22 in ACC play, which would seem to be a better description of where we are now...
I agree that the last few years have featured great starts, and then struggles to the finish once we hit conference play. We need to become a team that can consistently hit .500 or better in the conference, although as stated above there are a lot of teams over the last seven years that are in our same boat.

let's see what Cut chooses to do, if anything, this off season...
Yup. I am sure he will evaluate everything and come up with a plan. Even if it's not the solution the board wants.