Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FB: Duke 27, Miami 17

ACC press release

CC Announces Football Game Times & Networks for November 29-30

GREENSBORO, N.C. (theACC.com) – The Atlantic Coast Conference announced the following football game times and networks for Nov. 29-30.

Friday, Nov. 29
    Virginia Tech at Virginia, Noon, ABC

Saturday, Nov. 30
    Clemson at South Carolina, Noon, ESPN
    Georgia at Georgia Tech, Noon, ABC
    Louisville at Kentucky, Noon, SECN – previously announced
    Wake Forest at Syracuse, 12:30 p.m., RSN
    Boston College at Pitt, 3:30 p.m., ESPN, ESPN2, or ACC Network – network designation after the games of Nov. 23
    Miami at Duke, 3:30 p.m., ESPN, ESPN2, or ACC Network – network designation after the games of Nov. 23
    North Carolina at NC State, 7 p.m., ACCN
    Florida State at Florida, 7:30 p.m., SECN
    Last edited by Bob Green; 11-30-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Senior day!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Senior day!
    Didn't exactly shine on Senior Day last season...to put it mildly.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Surprised at the 3:30 KO, Bob Green will undoubtedly be happy. (I know I am)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Surprised at the 3:30 KO, Bob Green will undoubtedly be happy. (I know I am)
    A pleasing time for a 11/30 KO. We can leave the NC mountains in the AM and be at tailgate in time for Costcos, other grilled non-vegetarian delights and thirst-quenching hand-crafted ales.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Thanksgiving weekend means lots of empty seats.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    We promise, we are NOT serving leftovers at our tailgate. (In fact, we've already decided on it and promise it will be fun and different.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    We promise, we are NOT serving leftovers at our tailgate. (In fact, we've already decided on it and promise it will be fun and different.)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

...and that worked out so well for us last season...(as an aside, I believe that the empty stadium for senior day flattened our guys out versus WFU. I think it does quite often. There's a reason Duke's a better road team).

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    ...and that worked out so well for us last season...(as an aside, I believe that the empty stadium for senior day flattened our guys out versus WFU. I think it does quite often. There's a reason Duke's a better road team).
    It's not confined to Duke. Private schools as a rule do not care for hosting on Thanksgiving weekend. Your fan base is too scattered. A large state-supported school generally has students, alums and subway alums who live within reasonable driving distance of their school. That's just not the case with a private school, with a smaller, more geographically dispersed fan base.

It's not confined to Duke. Private schools as a rule do not care for hosting on Thanksgiving weekend. Your fan base is too scattered. A large state-supported school generally has students, alums and subway alums who live within reasonable driving distance of their school. That's just not the case with a private school, with a smaller, more geographically dispersed fan base.
    Oh I agree with this....and Miami is also a private school, so someone had to host...

Process of elimination has our game on ESPN2.

I will be in the midwest visiting granddaughters. This accomplishes two things:

1) Spending time with 4 princesses.
    2) Not being tempted to go to the game.

Note to Refs: This is Thanksgiving . . . NOT Halloween! No need for tricks this time!

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    I went to Wake last night. Much like the Caldwell era, I was one of the 2,000 people there in weather conditions similar to Wake 2018. That excuse holds zero water (insert pun of your choice.) I am also not expecting the game to be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    I went to Wake last night. Much like the Caldwell era, I was one of the 2,000 people there in weather conditions similar to Wake 2018. That excuse holds zero water (insert pun of your choice.) I am also not expecting the game to be competitive.
    Your expectations appear to be highly realistic...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Your expectations appear to be highly realistic...
    I've been trying to avoid making snarky comments about that lame excuse since just before the Wake game started yesterday. I've been... mostly successful except for this post and one in the Wake thread part way through the game.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    You can preach about excuse all you want, but that doesn't matter. It was clearly a factor IMO...so whether it's excusable or not, or somewhere in between, is not the point. The point is, it hurt us in that game and it is killing recruiting. Period. Shrink the stadium seating. Shrink the security nightmare. Have the band play between plays like the SEC bands do. Have some creativity on offense. Etc.

Miami is a 6 points favorite in early betting lines.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Miami is a 6 points favorite in early betting lines.
    And #40 Miami is 5.88 points better than #75 Duke in the SRS: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...9-ratings.html

Penalty so it didn't matter but you can't be dropping things like that if you want to come close to winning.