With vigor and zeal

But bubble again, boys
    That’s just like a bunt!
    So fourth and five cometh
    I guess we should punt.
    Will someone spork Poet Phi Kap for me?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Will someone spork Poet Phi Kap for me?
    Got you covered.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Chilly and wet is the forecast.
    Right -- for the beers in the locale with the ACC Network, but what about the weather for the players?

Wait, they're still playing football?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Right -- for the beers in the locale with the ACC Network, but what about the weather for the players?
    Chillier and wetter.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Chillier and wetter.
    Well, they DO have those jet-engine heat blowers down there at the bench area. I may show up if the wetter part of the forecast goes away.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Cold rain is not a problem at Groves Stadium.

In the useless statistics department, we have a three game winning streak in Winston-Salem. The last Wake victory was in 2011 (24-23).

Tomorrow’s game isn’t about the opponent it is all about Duke. Can we eliminate the turnovers? Clean up the penalties? Stay ahead of the chains and score touchdowns?

If the answer to all three is yes, we have a chance. If not, we don’t.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    In the useless statistics department, we have a three game winning streak in Winston-Salem. The last Wake victory was in 2011 (24-23).

Tomorrow’s game isn’t about the opponent it is all about Duke. Can we eliminate the turnovers? Clean up the penalties? Stay ahead of the chains and score touchdowns?

If the answer to all three is yes, we have a chance. If not, we don’t.
    You're either fer us or agin us, get busy livin or get busy dyin...I could be confusing my movie references...in any event, a win would really breathe life into the season and pretty much everyone associated with Duke football.

Let's go fellas, I'm beggin' ya.!! Beat the possessed clergy from Baptist holler.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    That game was actually in Durham, and we missed yet another golden opportunity to beat Grobe. We have a 4 game win streak in Groves (2012, 2013, 2015, 2017) thanks to expansion. The last Wake win was the 54-48 shootout in 2010 on 9/11/10.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    That game was actually in Durham, and we missed yet another golden opportunity to beat Grobe. We have a 4 game win streak in Groves (2012, 2013, 2015, 2017) thanks to expansion. The last Wake win was the 54-48 shootout in 2010 on 9/11/10.
    Thanks for the correction.
    Bob Green

Gameday Saturday

We've got 2 games here in these next 8 days, including today. Then, possibly, no games for 9 months. Hope Duke plays with a crazy intensity. WFU favored by 6.5 w/ o/u 49.5, so 28-21-ish WFU victory expected. Even though Duke got crushed by ND, I was impressed by how hard we hit that game; not so in the Syracuse game. Bring the intensity. Either you do or you don't. Win tonight, get some payback for last year, and make this next week very interesting and meaningful, football-wise.

Game Day!

Let's Go Duke!

Winston-Salem newspaper on Duke:

https://www.journalnow.com/sports/co...a308a02.html#1

The article makes it clear in a couple different spots that turnovers have been the difference for Duke in wins and losses.
    Bob Green

This will be the first time in years that I won't make any effort to watch this game. I cut my cable cord about 7 years ago so I have to go somewhere to watch games. Just dont have it in me tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by rtnorthrup View Post
    This will be the first time in years that I won't make any effort to watch this game. I cut my cable cord about 7 years ago so I have to go somewhere to watch games. Just dont have it in me tonight.
    I’ll start watching, but if the team looks lost/lethargic early, I’ll hang it up too.

I will go down with the ship if that's the way it goes.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Sigh. Me too.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Yep, I will watch to the end.
    Bob Green

Suggestions for the OC today

Just some ideas: motion, shifting, misdirection, run wide some, variety from the playbook, force the defense to defend the whole field, better clock management and more judicious use of timeouts....and for God's sake, if you're going to use one, do something other than run between the guards after the timeout, use another qb if necessary, and improve the focus so that we eliminate false starts, etc. Play angry because the team you beat 45-10 may end up winning the division and you owe WF a beat down.

LET'S GO DUKE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by peteandpete View Post
    Just some ideas: motion, shifting, misdirection, run wide some, variety from the playbook, force the defense to defend the whole field, better clock management and more judicious use of timeouts...and for God's sake, if you're going to use one, do something other than run between the guards after the timeout, use another qb if necessary, and improve the focus so that we eliminate false starts, etc. Play angry because the team you beat 45-10 may end up winning the division and you owe WF a beat down.

LET'S GO DUKE!!!
    This sums up everything I think about our offense.