Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Great Ideas

Am I really going to be the first to suggest a portion should go to solving our play calling woes on the football field? After the monorail, of course.

Isn’t that about what Uncheat spent on its cheating legal defense fund?

The DBR crew is a heart warmingly altruistic bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    If I had that kind of money, I would buy every ticket to every game at the Dean Dome for a decade. Then, not go.
    The winning answer😀

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Pay the athletic department as long as they agree to never wear gray uniforms and return to the true duke blue. Wait, am in in the right thread?
    ...yep, because after last night in Pittsburgh, it's becoming official..."Cheater blue" is now darker than Duke blue...

well, obviously divide it up amongst DBR members pro-rated by number of pitch forks !!!.
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    well, obviously divide it up amongst DBR members pro-rated by number of pitch forks !!!.
    Well, fork me.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    I'll have to attempt to poke holes in that proposition with my two forks!

If I had that kind of money, I would buy every ticket to every game at the Dean Dome for a decade. Then, not go.
    Oh, so would you join the Rams Club. Better buy a sweater vest.

Buy around 50 rams. Dye them Duke blue and paint "DUKE" in white on their flanks. Turn them loose on Franklin Street in Chapel Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Free all the homies in prison and then convert them into homes and shelters for the homeless with free medical care.
    ^ This.

Absolutely nothing to do with sports facilities or improving sports.

If we're talking improving Duke specifically, how bout let's get AfAm student percentage above six percent or whatever similar embarrassingly low number it is at the moment, especially for a university in the South. Resources can be dedicated to this.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Why would you want the Dean Dome to look like Wallace Wade?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Why would you want the Dean Dome to look like Wallace Wade?
    HAH...one good reason:
    The Dean Dome crowd would then do for Cheater hoops -- what Wallace Wade crowds do for Duke football....

If you'd entertain a friendly amendment, why not offer those tickets to the most rabid N.C. State fans you can find and provide complimentary bus transportation (with appropriate refreshments on board) to the Dean Dome?

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherTom View Post
    I'll have to attempt to poke holes in that proposition with my two forks!
    No tine for that kind of silliness.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    ^ This.

Absolutely nothing to do with sports facilities or improving sports.

If we're talking improving Duke specifically, how bout let's get AfAm student percentage above six percent or whatever similar embarrassingly low number it is at the moment, especially for a university in the South. Resources can be dedicated to this.
    From Data USA:
    The enrolled student population at Duke University, both undergraduate and graduate, is 47.9% White, 14.4% Asian, 7.09% Black or African American, 5.71% Hispanic or Latino, 2.52% Two or More Races, 0.534% American Indian or Alaska Native, and 0.0636% Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islanders.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    From Data USA:
    Is Data USA run by a "u"nc math major? I've added those numbers up three times and am still left wondering what ethnicity the other 21% are?.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    If you'd entertain a friendly amendment, why not offer those tickets to the most rabid N.C. State fans you can find and provide complimentary bus transportation (with appropriate refreshments on board) to the Dean Dome?
    Good idea to randomly throw this in. The Heels will never know what crowd, IF ANY, they will have.

Duke fans for Duke games, of course.

But often, just silence. Which is not much different than now really, now that I think of it.

or we can go to Duke itself, Fall 2018 student profile: (undergrads)
    https://facts.duke.edu/

looks like 44% white, 21% Asian American, 10% AFAM, 9% Hispanic, 9% foreign, 5% other...i assume rounding, or ghosts, account for the other 2%

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Is Data USA run by a "u"nc math major? I've added those numbers up three times and am still left wondering what ethnicity the other 21% are?.
    Here's another source which is better and well suited to DBR -- a pie chart.

Duke is ranked #9 nationwide in diversity -- very, very good -- although I can't verify the web site and methodology.

Leaving out 10.4 percent of "non-resident aliens,"

45.7% White
    21.3% Asian
    9.7% Black or African
    8.2% Hispanic/Latino

The rest (4.7%) are other or unknown.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013