ACC Football Week 12

Time to get this week’s discussion started as we have a Thursday night game.

Thursday

North Carolina at Pittsburgh, 8 pm ESPN

Saturday

Alabama State at Florida State, 12 pm, ACCNX
    Wake Forest at #3 Clemson, 3:30 pm, ABC
    Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech, 3:30 pm, ACCNX
    Louisville at NC State, 7:30 pm, ACCN
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Time to get this week’s discussion started as we have a Thursday night game.

Thursday

North Carolina at Pittsburgh, 8 pm ESPN

Saturday

Alabama State at Florida State, 12 pm, ACCNX
    Wake Forest at #3 Clemson, 3:30 pm, ABC
    Virginia Tech at Georgia Tech, 3:30 pm, ACCNX
    Louisville at NC State, 7:30 pm, ACCN
    Go Pitt. 9F.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Go Pitt. 9F.
    It will be below freezing at kickoff, low 24. Hope the heels freeze their bums off and lose big.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    It will be below freezing at kickoff, low 24. Hope the heels freeze their bums off and lose big.
    There won't be anyone there. Steelers on TV opposite the Panthers. Ticked the Pitt coach off.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Go Pitt. 9F.
    It is hard for me to root for Pitt, after their terrible display of sportsmanship when they played at Duke this year. But I guess I’ll manage. Go Pitt!

Total chinchilla chips call on disallowing the TD for Pitt. Cheats gonna cheat...with help from the zebras.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    There won't be anyone there. Steelers on TV opposite the Panthers. Ticked the Pitt coach off.
    This is not a high attendance/viewership game even if the Steelers moved to Winnipeg. UNC used a more accepted form of cheating (stealing offensive signs) to beat Pitt the last two years. Hopefully Pitt learned its lesson. 17-10 Panthers at half.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    This is not a high attendance/viewership game even if the Steelers moved to Winnipeg. UNC used a more accepted form of cheating (stealing offensive signs) to beat Pitt the last two years. Hopefully Pitt learned its lesson. 17-10 Panthers at half.
    I know it's not a high attendance game in general, but the Steelers being on the national Thursday night game is hurting it even more. Not every Steeler fan is a Pitt Panther fan, but probably almost every Pitt Panther fan is a Steeler fan.

Pitt wins in OT by 7.

UNC's navy blue pants seem closer to Duke's Prussian blue than anything Duke wears these days.

From teamcolorcodes.com: "The North Carolina Tarheels [sic] colors are Carolina Blue, navy blue, silver and white."
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    UNC's navy blue pants seem closer to Duke's Prussian blue than anything Duke wears these days.
    So you’re literally saying that the Heels looked good?

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Heels always look good when they lose!

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Heels always look good when they lose!
    I have been waiting for moonpie’s post.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I approve the color of their pants. I thought their cartoonish helmet, with the barefoot and "tar" heel sprawling all over the side, was the worst football helmet I have ever seen.

Sorta like this.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

congrats to the cheats on losing another heartbreaker. In a more perfect world we could have added to Mack Brown's first-season-back close losses.

but at Pitt, cheats looked good

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I approve the color of their pants. I thought their cartoonish helmet, with the barefoot and "tar" heel sprawling all over the side, was the worst football helmet I have ever seen.

Sorta like this.
    I would approve of that color pant on our guys more....

Apparently, Scotty Washington, Wake Forest’s other stud receiver (besides Sage Surratt who is now out for the season) is not playing against Clemson today. He had been injured, but is now practicing some and on the verge of coming back. I guess, why bring him back and risk it for a game that isn’t winnable? But I would bet a pie that he will be back next week!

Incidentally, Wake is at 7 wins right now. Every win should improve their bowl position. And, after conceding a loss today, their last 2 games are against Duke and Syracuse.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    In a more perfect world we could have added to Mack Brown's first-season-back close losses.
    That game broke Duke it looks like.

One ill fated running back jump pass being the main culprit. SMDH.

You might be right. I do think seasons have inflection points, where you bounce up or down. Aftet that, Duke tanked, although the inexcusable loss to Pitt had already happened. I think the program in the bigger picture had inflection points too....the second half loss to Texas A and M was not a downward inflection point, but it prevented an even bigger pivot up. The Miami loss was a big downer. 2016 was a downer. It took late surges to save 17 and 18....meaning we limp into a bowl against a weak opponent and thankfully win. But no real upward inflection points in a long time. Maybe the Pinstripe Bowl. But 59-7 was huge downer. Jump pass a real downer. Last night a real down.

The overall trajectory is spiraling rapidly downward.