Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    On the advice of counsel I respectfully decline to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I haven't done squat, but what's the rush, I have another month and a half, don't I?
    At the very least you have kept alive the time honored tradition of doing 98% of the work in the last 2% of the allotted time.

If you haven’t crammed for an exam or finished a term paper on borrowed time then you haven’t had the true college experience.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    At the very least you have kept alive the time honored tradition of doing 98% of the work in the last 2% of the allotted time.

If you haven’t crammed for an exam or finished a term paper on borrowed time then you haven’t had the true college experience.
    I was very good at that until I determined that it was nicer to get stuff done early and then watch others squirm...took a few years, though.
    At least I enjoyed writing long papers...

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post

In good lawyerly fashion, I am filing for a continuance of the decade's end until 12/31/20. Which is when most folks thinks it ends anyway.

So, I can procrastinate another 12 months before working on this problem.

I'll play. Let's see, to name a few...

-Raising a happy, healthy and vibrant 10 year old has to be my number 1 accomplishment

-Coaching said 10 year old in baseball, basketball and soccer

-Obtained my CIC (Certified Insurance Counselor) designation

-Hiked in sections over 1,600 miles or 3/4 of the Appalachian Trail leaving only 550 miles to go

-Took up mountain biking 3 years ago and absolutely love it riding 3 to 4 times a week if the weather is good

-Went with a group to New Jersey after Hurricane Sandy to give aid and disaster relief among other volunteer efforts

-Became a 9 gallon lifetime blood donor this year

-Became more involved in my church by leading a Sunday school group discussion each week

-Joined my local Rotary club to invest more in the community
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    ... Expecting a grand child from other daughter in dec (married a UNC grad fan smdh) ...
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    ... Saw a daughter get an MFA in Theater and take up puppetry, Christ almighty ...
    For a minute I thought this might've been a double post from the same poster.

All of these posts are impressive, but -- https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/14/europ...ntl/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I would stop everything I was doing and shut myself in to read a novel that had this as a first line ...
    Got you sorta covered -- by a Duke alum no less: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan%27s_Passing

Had 4 granddaughters! (My two daughters also participated some in this endeavor.)

Just the Duke Stuff

Took my 9 YO granddaughter to the 2015 Final Four -- priceless. And her Mom. And the 2010 FF was also pretty special.

Put together 50th Reunion book exhibits on reunion weekends for authors in the Duke Classes of 1964, 1968, and 1969. Published bios and bibliographies for the authors. Some very interesting and accomplished people.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Closed out my second decade posting on DBR.

My mother is so proud.

The part I can post on the message board:

Went to 2010 Final 4.
    Quit working for money as my primary compensation in 2010.
    Discovered FIRE and modified it for being under age 40. When you see those ads in Wally Wade for Duke alumni, this advice is what I give back.
    Went to Lacrosse Final 4 in 2014.
    Went on a cruise.
    Quit working entirely 3 weeks after the cruise. There's a definite boredom to this and FIRE, and I can understand why people over age 65 substantially increase their alcohol intake.

I guess the answer is not a lot. This has been the worst decade of my life for other reasons that are not DBR appropriate. I wouldn't change the 2010/2014/cruise parts, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Got you sorta covered -- by a Duke alum no less: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morgan%27s_Passing
    Oh, hey, that sounds pretty good. Thanks!

I walked approximately 18,000 miles, but not all in one direction

Well....I'm still alive. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Well...I'm still alive. Does that count?
    Beats hell out of the alternative.

Jeez, what the hell have I been doing with my life? You folks are impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Authors have a saying...all fiction is autobiography...and all autobiography is fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    You've got a higher post count than I do on this board...from where I stand, you are the impressive one

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Shamelessly stolen from twitter.

A great topic nonetheless, and an opportunity for DBR denizens to strut their stuff.

I’ll copy/paste my 280 characters from twitter answer; don’t limit yourself. I know there are a ton of remarkable people on DBR so the responses should be a lot of fun to read and celebrate.

Celebrated 25 years with my amazing wife. Raised a family. Helped start a church. Led a global IT organization for a Fortune 50 company. Led a foundational SaaS team that increased revenue 3x in 4 years. Won four rec league soccer championships. Coach a great youth soccer team.

C’mon DBR, let’s have some fun.
    Must spread comments around but this deserves more than sporks. This deserves beer. I'm gonna have to join that cellar door club to find something worthy.