Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    The weather report for Saturday is worsening.
    From WRAL:
    "We are watching a coastal area of low pressure that is forming and which will likely keep us embedded in cloud cover and rain throughout the day. Plus since the low is growing and high pressure is sitting to our north today, a tight pressure gradient will develop between the two producing strong, gusty winds. Winds will be sustained from the northeast at 15-25 mph with gusts from 30-40 mph into the evening."
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

I am seeing partly sunny and 46. 20% chance of rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    I believe that less than optimal forecast is getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    The Weather Channel:

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l...432fa06c0a8581

“Considerable cloudiness with occasional rain showers. High 41F. Chance of rain 40%.”
    Bob Green

yeah, last look at the Weather Service had most of higher winds east of the I-95 corridor...but they're still expecting 15 mph steady wind and 30 mph gusts (up from 25 mph this morning) in Durham, high of 42, which will surely plummet
    after what's left of the sun goes down...

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Back home in New Bern, we'll be enjoying 50mph wind gusts and cold rain all day. I'll be very happy to be in Durham.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Back home in New Bern, we'll be enjoying 50mph wind gusts and cold rain all day. I'll be very happy to be in Durham.
    ...we'll not be staying at our Beaufort house....we'll be in the Raleigh one. Coastal weather NAASTY this weekend,

News 2 out of GBO Windy.Gusts over 30.Partly sunny, low rain chance. High 45.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Cloudy, windy and colder with periods of rain staying likely. Highs in the upper 30s-lower 40s. Since we are getting a better idea of what to expect on Saturday we have adjusted our highs lower and added a better chance for rain across the region. We are watching a coastal area of low pressure that is forming and which will likely keep us embedded in cloud cover and rain throughout the day. Plus since the low is growing and high pressure is sitting to our north today, a tight pressure gradient will develop between the two producing strong, gusty winds. Winds will be sustained from the northeast at 15-25 mph with gusts from 30-40 mph into the evening.
    That's the current forecast from WRAL.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I think you're looking at the wrong region...for west of I-95 they're still saying (including WRAL) 20-30 mph gusts which is surely bad enough...weather service says the same...with the big system off the coast, the further East you go the worse it will be...https://www.wral.com/weather/

Poor poor Ocracoke Island is forecasted for 25 foot waves, 65mph wind. Ugh.

They were predicted to allow tourists back on the island next week finally.

On topic: Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Poor poor Ocracoke Island is forecasted for 25 foot waves, 65mph wind. Ugh.

They were predicted to allow tourists back on the island next week finally.

On topic: Go Duke!
    OMG I didn't know the forecast was that bad for Ocracoke....SHEESH. Are those waves forecast off the Atlantic side, or Pamlico side?

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    OMG I didn't know the forecast was that bad for Ocracoke...SHEESH. Are those waves forecast off the Atlantic side, or Pamlico side?
    C'mon. Atlantic side...

-jk

Only see two players on the Syracuse roster from North Carolina: https://cuse.com/sports/football/roster

Here's to an uninspired effort in the cold wind by the Orange in the face of a determined Blue Devil team steaming toward a bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Only see two players on the Syracuse roster from North Carolina: https://cuse.com/sports/football/roster

Here's to an uninspired effort in the cold wind by the Orange in the face of a determined Blue Devil team steaming toward a bowl.
    What do you think our chances are for a bowl if we win Saturday? I can't possibly fathom how we beat Wake or Miami at this point, but I suppose stranger things have happend.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    What do you think our chances are for a bowl if we win Saturday? I can't possibly fathom how we beat Wake or Miami at this point, but I suppose stranger things have happend.
    Well, if you're giving us a win tomorrow, we'll be 5-5. So then just one more win. Espn right now gives us a 62.9% chance of losing to WFU and 60.7% chance of losing to the U, so chance of losing both = 38% meaning 62% chance we get to 6.

And if we beat beat Syracuse and are just 1 away, I see that 62% chance going up to 70%.

Yep we have a chance. But Syracuse is a must win. It's a bummer that the poor weather will lead to poor attendance that may exceed even that of the Wake game last year. I never like to see injuries, but Wake Forest lost their best player - Surratt had some leading wide receiver numbers in the ACC I think and he is done for season with shoulder injury. And we may get them after a humiliating loss at Clemson. I'm sure Duke would love to avenge what Wake did to us last year on our home field. They're good, but you never know. And it's not like we don't owe Miami a heart-breaking loss either. If we beat Syracuse, I still like our chances to get to 6.

Budwom I was planning on being at the Syracuse game this weekend and would pay you back the beer I OWE you. I was going to be there bundled up in a Duke blue ski-suit cheering like crazy. But sadly, a close co-worker in our office died this week unexpectedly. So I'll be at his funeral this Saturday at 4 pm, and we had to cancel our trip to Durham. If you go to the Wake Forest game (at Wake Forest next weekend of course) then I expect to be there. If not, I'm sure I'll make it to a basketball game this fall. Devildeac will tell you, when I owe beer or consult fees, I'm good for it!

Go Duke!

I think you're looking at the wrong region...for west of I-95 they're still saying (including WRAL) 20-30 mph gusts which is surely bad enough...weather service says the same...with the big system off the coast, the further East you go the worse it will be...https://www.wral.com/weather/
    LOL...you linked to the same page that I pulled the quote from. There is no "region".

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    I have to say, I was surprised at the large number of Syracuse fans at the ACC tournament in Charlotte last March. And I’m not talking about the boosters they brought with them, sitting together in their section. I’m talking about many fans dispersed throughout the arena, which led me to believe they must have been primarily locals who had scalped tickets.

I know Syracuse is a large school with a large alumni base. But are there that many in N.C.? That is a different question, of course, than how many will turn out to support their football team.
    All these Yankees gotta be coming from somewhere.

Going Duke 27-24.

LOL...you linked to the same page that I pulled the quote from. There is no "region".
    LOL in return, if you actually read the Saturday forecast, there is no mention of 30-40 mph winds, only 25-30 for Saturday. Higher winds expected closer to the coast.