Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Wake Forest is not exactly on a roll right now. Which is why Duke-Wake Forest got nudged into the Saturday night why-bother ACCN slot.
    I mean, they lost to Virginia Tech (not a great loss, but not a terrible one as they appear to have turned things around since we blew them off the field) and Clemson. Seems like Wake is doing just fine to me? Prior to that the blasted NC State and beat FSU. Not like they're on some kind of terrible 5-game skid or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Fun thought exercise: Who would be the POY on this team? AJ Reed?
    gotta give the punter some serious consideration...he has to work a lot, and unofficially, it looked like he uncorked a 74 yarder yesterday...

He gets my vote. Austin Parker has been good too. Dimukeje has had his moments, but not yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthman View Post
    This season is done, scorched, stuck to the bottom of the pan, smelling up the whole house, and if we don’t get the windows and doors open soon we’ll still be smelling it next season,
    So you’re sayin “Wait till year after next”😀

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Shawn Krest wins the internet today:

A fun new twist at Duke today. Instead of just doing a “guess the attendance” contest at Wallace Wade, you also have to identify them by name

My sides hurt 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Another fun tidbit from Shawn Krest:

"First time Duke has lost 4 games by 30+ since 2005’s 1-10 team"

Quote Originally Posted by szstark View Post
    The way we are playing right now, Miami and Wake could not show up and still win.
    ...pretty much the same can be said of Duke fans....

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    gotta give the punter some serious consideration...he has to work a lot, and unofficially, it looked like he uncorked a 74 yarder yesterday...
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    He gets my vote. Austin Parker has been good too. Dimukeje has had his moments, but not yesterday.
    I'm going with Austin Parker, too. Box score said a 72 yard punt yesterday and he averaged 47 yards/punt, IIRC (no, I'm not looking at the @#$% sheet from that game again). He pinned Syracuse pretty deep on a couple of occasions, the D forced a couple/three punts and we got good field position, only to soil away those opportunities. Plus, earlier this year, he turned a bad snap into a 1st down with a run and then a fake punt into another 1st down on our next dreadful possession .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Another fun tidbit from Shawn Krest:

"First time Duke has lost 4 games by 30+ since 2005’s 1-10 team"
    Following in Bob Green's footsteps from yesterday, eh?

Well, if the Duke-WFU KO is now 730 PM, perhaps if our team showed up about noon, we *might* be able to put a couple FG on the scoreboard before the Deacs arrived...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm going with Austin Parker, too. Box score said a 72 yard punt yesterday and he averaged 47 yards/punt, IIRC (no, I'm not looking at the @#$% sheet from that game again). He pinned Syracuse pretty deep on a couple of occasions, the D forced a couple/three punts and we got good field position, only to soil away those opportunities. Plus, earlier this year, he turned a bad snap into a 1st down with a run and then a fake punt into another 1st down on our next dreadful possession .
    yeah, the back to back fake/bad snap punts for first downs could well have been a season highlight, and an NCAA rarity I'd have to think.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    yeah, the back to back fake/bad snap punts for first downs could well have been a season highlight, and an NCAA rarity I'd have to think.
    Upon further review, those runs may well have been on the same possession !

From Quentin Harris:
    “One penalty here, a missed yardage play here,” Quentin Harris lamented. “The breaks weren’t really going our way. We had a couple of contested plays that ended up in turnovers. That coupled with not being able to finish drives, that’s what ruined our momentum in the third quarter.”

He doesn't have a clue...sounds like.

Curious if our football OC consults with our women’s b-ball coaching staff? NW 19 - Duke 11 after 1st quarter.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    From Quentin Harris:
    “One penalty here, a missed yardage play here,” Quentin Harris lamented. “The breaks weren’t really going our way. We had a couple of contested plays that ended up in turnovers. That coupled with not being able to finish drives, that’s what ruined our momentum in the third quarter.”

They had momentum?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

From Quentin Harris:

He might need to visit a QB whisperererererer. 😜

After being seriously tempted to post something in snarky I’ll try not to.

My take is that something is broken now that wasn’t broken earlier in the year. I hope it can be fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    They had momentum?
    oh...part of the quote in Wiseman's piece was incomplete...QH started by saying that "we were definitely moving the ball well..."

He's just, I don't know...I'm so over him. I am tired of his very calm very measured very clueless to reality comments every single week. Ready for him to move on.

From Quentin Harris:

oh...part of the quote in Wiseman's piece was incomplete...QH started by saying that "we were definitely moving the ball well..."

He's just, I don't know...I'm so over him. I am tired of his very calm very measured very clueless to reality comments every single week. Ready for him to move on.
    Denial is not a river in Egypt...but that "we were so close" talk when we were very clearly never remotely close comes directly from the man at the top. QH didn't just pull that off the top of his head. I don't mind throwing that line out there to the public (although it is pretty grating to here) but if anyone within the program legitimately believes that including QH or Cut or anyone then that would be a pretty significant cause for concern.

Haven’t posted in awhile. Long time football and basketball season ticket holder including before Spurrier. Always interesting to read the insight and most recent frustration expressed on DBR. Thanks to all. Even though we certainly have elevated our talent level in recent years our lack of depth really hurts us toward the end of most seasons when nagging injuries impact our starters. But honestly-and I write this with some hesitation-our team including both players and coaches just didn’t seem to care much. And the post game comments didnt reflect much hurt either. I sense that Something is up internally but I have no clue what it is. Even In the bowl era of everybody gets a trophy this team just doesn’t measure up. Hope to be more competitive at least vs Wake and Miami

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Well, if the Duke-WFU KO is now 730 PM, perhaps if our team showed up about noon, we *might* be able to put a couple FG on the scoreboard before the Deacs arrived...
    The fact that I initially read "KO" as "knockout" instead of "kickoff" really betrays my sense of where things stand with this team. Or recency bias ... pick'em.