Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    We will be heavy underdogs the next two games, but if we steal one we will have a decent shot at the elusive 5-8 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    We fell off the cliff tonight.
    I listened to a lot of bad games in the late 90s through mid 2000s on what used to be broadcast.com. This was as bad of a loss as any during the Roof or Franks eras. We just looked so pathetic and inept, and really never showed any indication that we had even a snowballs chance in hell of winning this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    How many wins does this exact team get with DJ at QB?

Serious question.
    At least 2 and maybe one or two more. For one thing, we could throw down the field. Harris is a fine young man but not a D-1 QB. One of the announcers said that the coaching staff doesn't want to give him too much to think about, so they go the short passing game. This supposedly came from one of the Duke coaches. Harris has been in the program for 4 years as a back up QB and he he's not able to read defenses. If so, that's on the coaching staff. Sorry but the offense is the worst in Cut's years here. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    This is two biblically bad home performances in back to back Novembers. That's two of our last six or seven home games...
    Yes...and quite similar environment. Cold November day, empty stands, wheels falling off against an average opponent. I am watching a team that is currently being out prepared and out coached.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    How many wins does this exact team get with DJ at QB?

Serious question.
    Probably 3. Duke lost to Pitt and UnC by 3- competitive games. They probably win this one with Jones.

Before tonight, Syracuse had beaten Holy Cross, Liberty and Western Michigan. BC beat them by 31 two weeks ago.

We scored 6. We made a (foreseeable) mistake not trying to find a QB in the grad transfer market, and we’ve made a (foreseeable) mistake sticking with his OC. Loyalty biting us twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago 1995 View Post
    Before tonight, Syracuse had beaten Holy Cross, Liberty and Western Michigan. BC beat them by 31 two weeks ago.

We scored 6. We made a (foreseeable) mistake not trying to find a QB in the grad transfer market, and we’ve made a (foreseeable) mistake sticking with his OC. Loyalty biting us twice.
    I could stand a little loyalty to the long suffering fans....

With two games remaining, we have new questions to ponder: will the offense score another TD?

It is inexcusable the team does not have a QB which is on Cutcliffe.
    Bob Green

Given his history/loyalty to assistants our OC if going to have to quit because Cut is not going to fire him.

Have they already interviewed Cut on the radio broadcast?

Maybe the OC will retire??

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Given his history/loyalty to assistants our OC if going to have to quit because Cut is not going to fire him.
    we had two false starts and a delay of game in the first couple drives. i was apoplectic

A cursory search suggests this was probably among the largest swings against the spread in college football history.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    A cursory search suggests this was probably among the largest swings against the spread in college football history.
    when was the last time we failed to score a td at home?

That was just disgusting to watch. I discussed up thread about the offensive line, but all teams really start with the quarterback. What’s worse is that we don’t apparently have a healthy heir apparent to groom for next year. I’m sure Cut wants to give QH a chance to beat Wake. But if we are down again, there’s no excuse to not play Kattrinick and let him throw. Down 40, let him play. No need to let him only do quarterbacks runs. Find out what you have, even if he’s only a future back up.

Syracuse is horrible and we made them look like Clemson. Such a disappointing effort.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Probably more recently than either of us would like to think.

I should add a note about my precious post mentioning that the Wake game last year was worse.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    To answer your question: September 29, 2017 against Miami.

There may have been a game where we failed to score an OFFENSIVE touchdown since then but got one on defense or special teams but I just skimmed the box scores.

On Sept. 27 at Blacksburg:
    Duke 45 -- Va Tech 10

On Nov. 16 at home:
    Syracuse 49 -- Duke 6

Stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    To answer your question: September 29, 2017 against Miami.

There may have been a game where we failed to score an OFFENSIVE touchdown since then but got one on defense or special teams but I just skimmed the box scores.
    at right. one of the many night games we've completely laid offensive eggs in, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago 1995 View Post
    We made a (foreseeable) mistake not trying to find a QB in the grad transfer market...
    Umm, who do you think we would have ended up with? Vandy got one of the better ones available and he has proven that he is not SEC-caliber.