Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Agreed. Turned on the radio stream in TuneIn for info but the announcers are just rambling on about scores around the country.

The game means very little compared to C Holman’s health. What a downer. Go Casey!

Must be neck. They left his helmet on, took face mask off. Glad to hear he’s moving his arms - we couldn’t see that on TV.

Big sack on 3rd down to get a stop. Offense must respond and put points on the board.
    Bob Green

Gotta block

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Its early yet- has the team just given up on the season?
    Could this end up being the worst team of the Cut era?

I give full credit to a tough season schedule, kinda puzzled as the defense has been better than I anticipated, no one knew what to think about the WR corps before the season and they have been a pleasant surprise, Harris is a decent quarterback and we started the season with great options at RB.

Gotta be frustrating to be on the coaching staff when you could do better and for whatever reason, things don’t gel.

Here’s looking forward to Duke beating Syracuse 35-14 🔵😈
    I’ve come to think the following:

* The offensive line is just a bigger problem than we think. We have good running backs but have not been able to run consistently. We should be running to set up our pass but can’t. QH has enough ability to win some games if he has a good line and running game to take pressure off of him. He doesn’t, so he can’t.

* I have been critical of the offensive game plans and play calling, but maybe it’s more a function of the offensive line. We can’t run (I don’t care what that stats say), and we can’t give QH time to throw, so everything is short/quick plays. It’s frustrating to watch, but maybe the staff has no faith in calling passes that require more time to develop. Just a guess, but it feels that way now.

* QH was never meant to be the starter this year. It would have either been DJ or Jack Sears. With both gone, it went to QH, which is fine. I think the real unfortunate problem is that when Holmberg went down preseason, he’s the QB they may have tried to groom to start next year and take some lumps this year. You get the sense that Katrenick is not being developed that way. We missed valuable opportunity to develop Holmberg. Assuming we don’t get a Graduate transfer QB next year, our next QB will be very green. He’ll most likely be Holmberg or our 4 star recruit, Luke Diamont. Just a guess naturally.

With that said, still plenty of football left in this game. Hopefully the defense has stabilized and the offense can get something going. We have moved the hall a little today but can’t finish drives. This is a must win against a not so good Syracuse team. Let’s find a way to get this one.

Not exactly a fan of punting from there...but at least we pinned them.

told that Holman's injury is neck, not believed to be career-threatening. Tests to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    told that Holman's injury is neck, not believed to be career-threatening. Tests to follow.
    Thanks, Jim!
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Thanks, Jim. So nice to have an insider who can give us an update.

Good stand by the defense

Great call on third and 3

QH cannot read defenses

I'll add - sorry to be negative but he just pitched out into the incoming blitz
    Last edited by jwillfan; 11-16-2019 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Elaboration

I think QH has little ability to recognize the need to change a play, and his throw to Young was terrible...missed TD.

Sideline reporter just mentioned the spirited play by the Syracuse D being a reflection of a ch age in the DC. Who would have thought?

Points at last.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Sideline reporter just mentioned the spirited play by the Syracuse D being a reflection of a ch age in the DC. Who would have thought?
    Same thing happened to Wake last year, after Clawson fired their DC mid-season after a poor start.

Maybe a change in the oc

Same thing happened at Wake Forest last season. Changed DCs in midseason and turned season around;

man oh man...4-8 here we come.