Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    This is pretty much right. White won't (and maybe shouldn't) force Cut to make moves, but I think he should encourage Cut to take a hard look at the state of the program and the staff with the understanding that whatever changes are or aren't made next year there will be a serious evaluation at the end of it. I think this is both proper and reasonable.
    He should absolutely take the lead on personnel decisions at this point. The season cannot end soon enough. Wake and Miami will run a train on Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Bob is in rare form, I'm trying to egg him on a bit 😉
    I've been trying to follow your lead .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    my sarcasm meter gouged out its eyes at halftime
    Mine actually waited until the 3 consecutive TO to start the 2nd half as the *ffense put the game completely out of reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    We fell off the cliff tonight.
    Acy was correct. Mr. Green is in rare form tonight. Very rare form.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    On Sept. 27 at Blacksburg:
    Duke 45 -- Va Tech 10

On Nov. 16 at home:
    Syracuse 49 -- Duke 6

Stunning.
    35-0 second half. Beyond stunning.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Stephen Wiseman

@stevewisemanNC
    ·
    17m

Cutcliffe provided medical update on injured Duke LT Casey Holman: X-rays are negative for any broken bones. Has movement and feeling in arms and legs. Still needs to have MRI but signs are good.
    Encouraging to read. Thanks for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Encouraging to read. Thanks for the update!
    Thank God. That is the most important outcome of this game by far. What a scary injury, and I'm so thankful he is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by devilirium View Post
    He should absolutely take the lead on personnel decisions at this point. The season cannot end soon enough. Wake and Miami will run a train on Duke.
    This bet is only available to the first taker.

For a pie:

https://shop.gtpie.com/

I'll take Duke and the points for whatever the Vegas opening spread is against Wake Forest.

You get Wake Forest Minus the Point Spread.

I'm as disappointed about that Syracuse debacle as everybody else. I owe devil2X an apology - you were right about 5% to make a bowl and I was wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. We are probably not going bowling.

I think Duke tried to come out hard (we didn't), but Syracuse came out more prepared with new energy from their new defensive coach. They took it to us for 60 minutes of game - props to Syracuse. They have had a disaster season, but they were a preseason ranked Top-25 team. They have some talent. We had even less crowd than usual due to the weather forecast. The 3rd quarter turnovers were a disaster. Then human nature took over, with our guys knowing how bad we needed this win and we blew it, leading to the ugly blow-out.

But David Cutcliffe and our players have too much pride to just quit on the season with 2 games to go. I'll bet a pie on that. I still trust in Cut, and I think we do work like crazy this week. And I think these results show up more on the field next time.

Yes our offense has been a disaster, and I don't disagree with any of the posts above. I agree with the posts that our weak offensive line is limiting everything. I just think Duke responds in Winston-Salem. Be warned, I live in the dash, and if you bet me a pie I will be at that game cheering LOUD for Duke. Screw the bowl: Next play - we owe Wake Forest some payback.
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 11-17-2019 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post

For a pie:

I'll take Duke and the points for whatever the Vegas opening spread is against Wake Forest.

I'm as disappointed about that Syracuse debacle as everybody else. I owe devil2X an apology - you were right about 5% to make a bowl and I was wrong. Wrong wrong wrong. We are probably not going bowling.

I think Duke tried to come out hard (we didn't), but Syracuse came out more prepared with new energy from their new defensive coach. They took it to us for 60 minutes of game - props to Syracuse. They have had a disaster season, but they were a preseason ranked Top-25 team. They have some talent. We had even less crowd than usual due to the weather forecast. The 3rd quarter turnovers were a disaster. Then human nature took over, with our guys knowing how bad we needed this win and we blew it, leading to the ugly blow-out.

But David Cutcliffe and our players have too much pride to just quit on the season with 2 games to go. I'll bet a pie on that. I still trust in Cut, and I think we do work like crazy this week. And I think these results show up more on the field next time.

Yes our offense has been a disaster, and I don't disagree with any of the posts above. I agree with the posts that our weak offensive line is limiting everything. I just think Duke responds in Winston-Salem. Be warned, I live in the dash, and if you bet me a pie I will be at that game cheering LOUD for Duke. Screw the bowl: Next play - we owe Wake Forest some payback.
    Why would I bet against a sure thing?

LET'S GO DUKE!

There is not a lot more to say about this one but I will link Jim Sumner's front page article:

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...otball-coastal

Duke’s first four second-half drives ended with an interception, an interception, a lost fumble and a sack on 4th down.
    Duke had 279 yards of total offense: 180 1st half/99 2nd half. You can't throw 40 short passes and expect to succeed.

I slept good last night but didn't wake up with an improved outlook on Duke football.
    Bob Green

Just an observation, the academic schools (Duke, Vandy, Northwestern, Stanford) are all having miserable seasons. I’m ready for this season to be over! Maybe our California boy Luca can feel the “force” and lead us to the promise land next year.

For a pie:

I don't bet against Duke, but as your unofficial financial advisor, I strongly recommend you don't make that wager...

For a pie:

I’m impressed by your optimism. I’m not a betting person. Duke football doesn’t win another game this season unless Miami or Wake don’t show up.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I’m impressed by your optimism. I’m not a betting person. Duke football doesn’t win another game this season unless Miami or Wake don’t show up.
    The way we are playing right now, Miami and Wake could not show up and still win.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I don't bet against Duke, but as your unofficial financial advisor, I strongly recommend you don't make that wager...
    Ok, I'm cancelling this pie bet offer. No bet. I trust Budwom's financial advice!

Since no pies will be involved, and thus no point spreads will matter, I'll just go with a prediction. Duke wins at Wake Forest. Cutcliffe and Duke are not done. This season is not yet done.

Bring on the Deacs, it's payback time. Let's go Duke!

Ok, I'm cancelling this pie bet offer. No bet. I trust Budwom's financial advice!

Since no pies will be involved, and thus no point spreads will matter, I'll just go with a prediction. Duke wins at Wake Forest. Cutcliffe and Duke are not done. This season is not yet done.

Bring on the Deacs, it's payback time. Let's go Duke!
    This season is done, scorched, stuck to the bottom of the pan, smelling up the whole house, and if we don’t get the windows and doors open soon we’ll still be smelling it next season,

Quote Originally Posted by szstark View Post
    The way we are playing right now, Miami and Wake could not show up and still win.
    Wake Forest is not exactly on a roll right now. Which is why Duke-Wake Forest got nudged into the Saturday night why-bother ACCN slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthman View Post
    This season is done, scorched, stuck to the bottom of the pan, smelling up the whole house, and if we don’t get the windows and doors open soon we’ll still be smelling it next season,
    your metaphor gun is firing nicely! Now that I have accepted things and have achieved a level of complete apathy, it will be interesting to see what, if anything, happens as a result of this complete meltdown. No angst, just curiosity.

Fun thought exercise: Who would be the POY on this team? AJ Reed?