Duke-Wake Forest game time on six-day hold

From ACC

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced the following football game times and networks for the week of Nov. 23. ESPN has exercised a six-day hold for the start times and networks for Pitt at Virginia Tech and Duke at Wake Forest.

Thursday, Nov. 21
    NC State at Georgia Tech, 8 p.m., ESPN – previously announced

Saturday, Nov. 23
    Liberty at Virginia, Noon, RSN
    Boston College at Notre Dame, 2:30 p.m., NBC – previously announced
    Mercer at North Carolina, 3:30 p.m., RSN
    Syracuse at Louisville, 4 p.m., ACCN
    Miami at FIU, 7 p.m., CBSSN – previously announced

Pitt at Virginia Tech - six-day hold
    Duke at Wake Forest - six-day hold

Open Dates: Clemson, Florida State

Ouch. The night ACC-N slot is open, and there's nothing on ABC/ESPN on Saturday yet. I would favor the former spot over the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Ouch. The night ACC-N slot is open, and there's nothing on ABC/ESPN on Saturday yet. I would favor the former spot over the latter.
    the chances of us getting the ABC slot are equal to my chances of becoming King of France...there is always hope.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    the chances of us getting the ABC slot are equal to my chances of becoming King of France...there is always hope.
    I recall reading a quote from James Salter (novelist) about how future kings of France are given a bit of cloth dipped in good wine to suck on at birth so that is their first taste -- he did that for his son, I believe -- I'm guessing you experienced the same?

Found this nice travel article when looking for the quote (which I did not find): https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/05/t...es-salter.html

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    I recall reading a quote from James Salter (novelist) about how future kings of France are given a bit of cloth dipped in good wine to suck on at birth so that is their first taste -- he did that for his son, I believe -- I'm guessing you experienced the same?

Found this nice travel article when looking for the quote (which I did not find): https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/05/t...es-salter.html
    I have been preparing for my destiny since birth, mom favored vintage Chateau Neuf du Pape for my sucky toys, so good guess! Nonetheless, I suspect my ascension is not imminent, at least not as imminent as 19 days hence.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I have been preparing for my destiny since birth, mom favored vintage Chateau Neuf du Pape for my sucky toys, so good guess! Nonetheless, I suspect my ascension is not imminent, at least not as imminent as 19 days hence.
    So, not something to lose your head about?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    For once, I won't mind the 12:30 KO. (And I bet we get it)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Yes please.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I love noon Duke @ old ACC venue football games, but here's what left:

12:00 - ACCN is showing 2 basketball games, UVA claimed the Fox Sports South spot, ABC/ESPN could show a game on national or regional.
    3:30 - Only ABC/ESPN is available.
    7:30 - ACCN football TBD. Slim chance ABC/ESPN picks either of those games here.

While I probably have a better claim to being royalty than Budwom , I can't cheer for UNC to beat Pitt this week to increase the odds of a day game. The drive home at 11:30 PM from Wake isn't that bad. I've done it frequently for Duke basketball without 4 Hr Energy.

if this cold snap continues, a lot of people will be hoping for a day game...hard to believe the daytime high forecast for Saturday in Durham is down to 47...it'll be low 40s to high 30s not too far into the game I'd guess (overnight low of 32).

7:30pm ACC Network it is.