Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I like Dan Bonner. The anti- Vitale.

Oh crap. Jones down.

Is it disrespectful to Central Arkansas to wear our practice uniforms for the game?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

He’ll be fine but that would have been a stupid play to get injured seriously on

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    He’ll be fine but that would have been a stupid play to get injured seriously on
    Looked like a concussion to me. He may or may not be fine. Only time will tell.

Moore

I'm getting a bad feeling about Moore. I hope he doesn't think he's Jayson Tatum. Dude needs to pass the ball more.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    I'm getting a bad feeling about Moore. I hope he doesn't think he's Jayson Tatum. Dude needs to pass the ball more.
    Kid needs to gain his confidence. He is playing better tonight. No really bad shots.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Kid needs to gain his confidence. He is playing better tonight. No really bad shots.
    Just like last game, he doesn't seem to lack confidence. If anything, maybe the opposite.

Just like last game, he doesn't seem to lack confidence. If anything, maybe the opposite.
    But K will pull him if he starts shooting corner threes. So far none of those

My feeling on Moore is that they are grooming him for point guard duty, but his handles are way ahead of his court vision. He’s like a guitar player who has to stare at their fretting hand. Doesn’t look up from his dribble or his defender enough. That will come.

Quote Originally Posted by jgehtland View Post
    My feeling on Moore is that they are grooming him for point guard duty, but his handles are way ahead of his court vision. He’s like a guitar player who has to stare at their fretting hand. Doesn’t look up from his dribble or his defender enough. That will come.
    I think his one-on-one offense is going to be just fine, but I do think he's a poor decision-maker especially with passing, and I think we've seen enough to know that at this point. I hope I'm wrong, but he strikes me as the kind of player who will be at his worst under the brightest lights.

I hear ya but the kid can be such a weapon for us.

He's built like a PF and has a handle to boot.

Starting to really like this team.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRyan View Post
    I think his one-on-one offense is going to be just fine, but I do think he's a poor decision-maker especially with passing, and I think we've seen enough to know that at this point. I hope I'm wrong, but he strikes me as the kind of player who will be at his worst under the brightest lights.
    I think he's a very good, athletic freshman basketball player who already seems to be learning how to play at the college level. I'm not even thinking of labeling him other than that right now. At his worst under the brightest lights? C'mon, don't make me laugh.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Funny

I have exactly the opposite feeling. I see a freshman who is starting to settle in.

You may remember that Tatum wasn't all that great the first month or so of his freshman year.

I think Cassius Stanley might be a decent basketball player.

Quote Originally Posted by ratamero View Post
    I think Cassius Stanley might be a decent basketball player.
    His calm demeanor is, well, calming to me.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

If you had Moore as next point guard up, raise your hand.

Maybe not quite Grant Hill point forward-esque (yet?), and still fascinating to watch.

Joey!!

My thoughts on Moore are he plays out of control at times moving a half step faster than needed but when he manages to stay under control he is very smooth.

He will improve as the season progresses.
    Bob Green

ACC Network

These commercials are fantastic. Highly entertaining.

-ramdevil