Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Knight School

"If any of you apply for a job, let me know and I'll give you a recommendation. Just make sure you tell what the hell you're applying for." Words to that effect.

former Duke player Jordan Tucker shot 4-7 from 3 and 12 points in the 1st half for Butler vs. G'town. He's averaging 9ppg and 36.5% 3FGs adn 4 rpg. It appears that most of his shot volume is from 3. His stats are slightly less impressive this year than last, but not much different.
    Tucker was a Fr. with Jordan Goldwire. Double Jordans. Tucker was the more highly regarded recruit, but J-Gold is probably as valuable to Duke as Tucker is for Butler.
    (bonus edit- halftime announcer wove the Black Knight from Monty Python's Holy Grail into the on-air dialogue. Interesting move.)

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    former Duke player Jordan Tucker shot 4-7 from 3 and 12 points in the 1st half for Butler vs. G'town. He's averaging 9ppg and 36.5% 3FGs adn 4 rpg. It appears that most of his shot volume is from 3. His stats are slightly less impressive this year than last, but not much different.
    Tucker was a Fr. with Jordan Goldwire. Double Jordans. Tucker was the more highly regarded recruit, but J-Gold is probably as valuable to Duke as Tucker is for Butler.
    (bonus edit- halftime announcer wove the Black Knight from Monty Python's Holy Grail into the on-air dialogue. Interesting move.)

Walton?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Walton?

Lavin, i think. unsure.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    "Wove" isn't quite accurate. I'd say "fumbled" ...

Could Ole Miss have choked that last possession away any harder?

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Could Ole Miss have choked that last possession away any harder?
    I think the guy thought he was going to get fouled on the three given the defender fell for the fake. Otherwise, it was just ghastly and idiotic. Of course he wasn't close to fouling him.

Was hoping to see the Tre Jones FT miss attempt at the end there (and expecting it to fail miserably), but alas missed the front end of the 1 and 1...

Looks like Big Boi will be happy today...down goes Butler!

Yep, and it's a good win for Georgetown, which could be helpful for our seeding.

GTown played with just FIVE scholarship players AT Butler. Their best player, Yurtseven, scratched minutes before tip. I'd say Ewing can coach.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Wow, Michigan State blows the game. Maryland, down seven with 3:25 left, scores the last 14.

Is out win against Sparty Quad 4 yet?

Michigan State after a long comeback goes up 7 late, slaps the floor on defense, and promptly gives up a 14-0 run to end the game...

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    Michigan State after a long comeback goes up 7 late, slaps the floor on defense, and promptly gives up a 14-0 run to end the game...
    Rocket Watts played glued to Anthony Cowan for 16 minutes of the second half. Then he decides to help off Cowan, three times? And Cowan burns him all three times. What was up with that?

Talking heads seem to think Maryland jumps to the one line? 🤔

San Diego state goes down and so does Baylor. Gonzaqga was down approaching the half. Big day for college ball.

I watched most of the BYU-Gonzaga game. BYU looked like exactly the type of team you DON’T want to see in the tournament - they have multiple guys capable of bombing away absurd threes, including their bigs. They can score in the post as well, and they are old, experienced, and disciplined. They got a huge boost from their home crowd which sounded excellent, but they looked like a tough out regardless.

Gonzaga has a ton of playmakers as well, even though they lost this one I can see them being deserving of a 1 seed.

Down goes Maryland, to Ohio State. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I watched most of the BYU-Gonzaga game. BYU looked like exactly the type of team you DON’T want to see in the tournament - they have multiple guys capable of bombing away absurd threes, including their bigs. They can score in the post as well, and they are old, experienced, and disciplined. They got a huge boost from their home crowd which sounded excellent, but they looked like a tough out regardless.

Gonzaga has a ton of playmakers as well, even though they lost this one I can see them being deserving of a 1 seed.
    BYU also boasts some of the scariest looking players in college basketball. The big guy looked like Richie Farmer meets Dwayne Schintzius.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    BYU also boasts some of the scariest looking players in college basketball. The big guy looked like Richie Farmer meets Dwayne Schintzius.
    Most of their roster looked like they were in their 30’s. Not sure if the whole leaving for a Mormon mission and then returning is still a thing, but going against that kind of experience with a freshman-laden team would be a challenge. They had a real old-guys-at-the-Y style of play with a lot of weaving and cutting that puts a lot of stress on the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Down goes Maryland, to Ohio State. What a shame.
    Maybe best suited to the Announcers thread, but I watched the last 8-ish minutes of this game. I think it was Kevin Harlan and Bill Raftery. What a breath of fresh air! No ESPN announcer pair holds a candle to these guys. The play by play guy Harlan was terrific and Raftery didn't feel the need to yammer on incessantly (I'm looking at you, Courtney Alexander - although could be recency bias since he was just so annoying last night!). My wife and I noticed...silence...and were appreciative. The action and the camera work especially during a pause when nothing needed explaining was so welcome.