Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    That's one of the best troll jobs I've heard about in a long time. LMAO.
    EPIC...and by epic, I mean the variation of epic that requires an F for spelling....

Quote Originally Posted by Faustus View Post
    Ah, but certainly you all know the Merrimac's name had been changed to CSS Virginia (no doubt pronounced Vuh- JIN- yah with a nice drawl), so see what you can do with THAT... (and let's see if Tony Bennett's kids clang more off the rim this year than last)
    Ooh, a challenge. I've got this:

For your Civil War knowledge, I'll warship the water on which you walk.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Although I agree MSU is allowed to be too physical, I didn’t see a blatant foul on either of those last two plays- but I was surprised the refs let the plays go. I also thought the Spartans were the better team and Seton Hall stayed in it due to hero ball by Powell, which eventually cost them when he forced it into a defense who knew what was coming. It was difficult to watch because I like seeing MSU lose, but I want it to have as few losses as possible when Duke plays there.
    In high school, we had one humongous guy on our team who went on to play offensive lineman for a decent DII school. He was our 'let 'em play' secret weapon. Put him in the game with about 5 minutes left and dare the refs to keep calling the game the same way. If the refs shifted into 'let 'em play,' we put the hulk on the court and watch the opposing center get that deer in the headlights look.

All that to say, 'let 'em play' tends to help the team which prefers to play physical. At least on the high school level, we had coaches smart enough to take advantage of it by putting in the football team.

I'm bored so I'm watching Kansas with the comfortable lead over ETSU. They really need to rename that arena "The Maui Jim Maui Gym." Why hasn't this happened already?

As a reminder, this happens starting today... some pretty good teams in this tourney:

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    As a reminder, this happens starting today... some pretty good teams in this tourney:

Oddly Duke visits both Game 2 teams next week.

Worth noting some other good T-giving tournaments.

I think the toughest to pick is the Emerald Coast Classic. The 4 teams playing are FSU (#17 in KenPom) and Tennessee (#18) and then VCU (#32) against Purdue (#10). Good luck picking a winner in that one!

The Battle For Atlantis (featuring a certain bunch of cheating liars) has a very strong field. Look at this and then think about the fact that someone is going to go 0-3 in this tourney (probably Southern Miss) and three teams will go 1-2. Ouch!

-Jason "they call it Feast Week for a reason!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Pretty weak field

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

I dunno, only two teams (Kansas and MSU) in the top 40 in KenPom. VPI just below that, at 41. Lots of bubble teams, like Georgia, Dayton, and BYU. (And if Greenberg were still coaching VPI, they'd be on the bubble automatically._

LOL at the term Emerald Coast, had to look that one up....I guess they didn't want to have a tournament called the Redneck Riviera Classic, eh?

UAB plays at Rupp Arena tonight. Dare to dream...

That was the winning play, but not the play I remember from that 2004 NCAA Tournament second round game. You can find that UAB crosscourt reverse pass and dunk here.

Wow, tough, tough news for Georgetown. Akinjo and LeBlanc both off the team. That's probably sinking their (otherwise reasonably strong) NCAA chances. No details out there yet as to why.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldBattleship View Post
    Wow, tough, tough news for Georgetown. Akinjo and LeBlanc both off the team. That's probably sinking their (otherwise reasonably strong) NCAA chances. No details out there yet as to why.
    Maybe academics? That time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Highly unlikely unless it is for cheating. Exams start soon so usually academic issues arise after end-of-semester grades are finalized, in about 2-3 weeks.

Academics? What do you mean? Is that still a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Academics? What do you mean? Is that still a thing?
    I heard it was a thing but then again I could be mistaken.

Allegations of assault for 3 players but not Akinjo

https://sports.yahoo.com/resurgent-g...021348927.html

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post

Well that is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldBattleship View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post

Akinjo is not implicated in anything -- he expressed a desire to transfer at the end of the semester. Apparently LeBlanc is also interested in transferring, but he was implicated in some incidents that occurred near the Georgetown campus and resulted in restraining orders . Galen Alexander and Myron Gardner were also named -- but are still on the team.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Akinjo is not implicated in anything -- he expressed a desire to transfer at the end of the semester. Apparently LeBlanc is also interested in transferring, but he was implicated in some incidents that occurred near the Georgetown campus and resulted in restraining orders . Galen Alexander and Myron Gardner were also named -- but are still on the team.
    Akinjo might see a difficult year or two ahead and may want to get on a higher profile team. He has talent and I am sure will get a lot of interest.

Charles Southern over Missouri tie our SFA game for the biggest upset in the last 15 seasons.