The Newest Cameron Crazy

Though my engagement with DBR in recent years has been limited to reading, this website has been so very important to my family over the years--to my father, and to me. And when my father passed away in 2005, the powers that be at DBR allowed me to write an encomium about my father, and our shared loved for Duke basketball.

It felt appropriate and necessary, then, for me to share some good news with this community: Of behalf of my wife and I, I'd like to introduce you to our son, Elijah George Corey. Elijah arrived four weeks early, ostensibly because he didn't want to miss the Duke-Kansas game this week. Though he slept through most of it, I'm sure he enjoyed the win as much as I.

74287935_10102928478482454_3747384795693318144_n.jpg

I hope you all are well, with my apologies for having been an absent community member.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Though my engagement with DBR in recent years has been limited to reading, this website has been so very important to my family over the years--to my father, and to me. And when my father passed away in 2005, the powers that be at DBR allowed me to write an encomium about my father, and our shared loved for Duke basketball.

It felt appropriate and necessary, then, for me to share some good news with this community: Of behalf of my wife and I, I'd like to introduce you to our son, Elijah George Corey. Elijah arrived four weeks early, ostensibly because he didn't want to miss the Duke-Kansas game this week. Though he slept through most of it, I'm sure he enjoyed the win as much as I.

74287935_10102928478482454_3747384795693318144_n.jpg

I hope you all are well, with my apologies for having been an absent community member.
    Welcome to the world, Elijah! Given your clothing choices, you are starting life on the right foot. Plus, you have a large extended online family that will be wishing and praying that you have a wonderful life. Not a bad start.

Huuuuge congrats!! So happy for y'all!

If Elijah could have waited another 2-3 weeks until rivalry week, he'd have received one of these, just like our youngest grandson did on Thanksgiving Day, 2018:

YYUU42AHEZAJPDNVY5ZNZW7PC4.jpg

The newborn Duke swag is pretty darn cool, too, just like our little guy got after he was swaddled in his tOSU blanket.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Congratulations. Raising children is most exciting, humbling and rewarding activity one might experience.

Congratulations!!!!

Splendid news, Mike -- that's a fine looking boy and future Blue Devil fan! Congrats to the justifiably proud parents and to all members of your newly expanded family.

Congratulations! There's nothing better than unconditional love... Enjoy every second!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Congratulations! There's nothing better than unconditional love... Enjoy every second!
    Yeah, 'cause it's only unconditional for a couple years. If you want unconditional love, get a dog!

Congrats, Mike!

-jk

Mazel tov! I wish you and yours a lifetime of love, joy and happiness!

Two thumbs up!

Thats a fantastic picture!

Congrats, and welcome to the Crazies Elijah!

Awww how wonderful! Little cutie pie!

Congrats, Mike!

Congrats!

Congrats! Expecting my first grand son any day now...technically 3 days over due.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Congratulations! I’d send you a set of Carolina diapers, so your son could do appropriate infant things to them, but they don’t appear to make them anymore.

Congrats, Mike! Brought us all a victory.

Congrats on the new son!

Thanks, everyone!!!

And congrats to those of you that have also celebrated arrivals recently!

And what a great idea for a UNC diaper.

Hah! Congrats man... changes your life FOREVER.