JRob is a new Captain.

Captain Robinson.

Not an admiral like his dad, but still a nice promotion.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4lnv9tp_6E/?igshid=1sb5arkgjvekc

K knows how to run a tight ship!
    Last edited by proelitedota; 11-07-2019 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Captain Robinson.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4lnv9tp_6E/?igshid=1sb5arkgjvekc

Well deserved JRob. He is so well respected on this Duke team. Glad he got his recognition. Go Duke.

Awesome.

He has a nice three point shot. And obviously is being recognized for his leadership ability. We usually only get to see him in clean up time. I wonder what his big weakness is... perhaps defense? I’ve never really thought about it much. Anyone have specific insight?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Well-deserved

Justin has been a consummate teammate and member of the Brotherhood. His teammates love him, and he celebrates with them as if he has just hit the big shot. What a great honor for a wonderful kid.

Well deserved as a redshirt senior. He's been there for awhile, played with some great talent (which has something to do with keeping him off the court), yet he has stuck with the team and has found a way to make an impact without playing significant minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Captain Robinson.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4lnv9tp...=1sb5arkgjvekc

Eagles rather than stars.

The Duke press release refers to JRob as a member of the "Leadership Council" for the team, along with Tre, Jack, and Javin. I guess "Leadership Council" sounds better on a resume than "Captain." Ha!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I am very happy for Justin, but I wonder about the timing. Why now? It seems kind of random.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I am very happy for Justin, but I wonder about the timing. Why now? It seems kind of random.
    After watching the roles players took in the days surrounding the first game of the season, it became clear who the leaders on the team were. Why is that timing strange?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    After watching the roles players took in the days surrounding the first game of the season, it became clear who the leaders on the team were. Why is that timing strange?
    What role did JRob take in the days surrounding the Kansas game?

What role did JRob take in the days surrounding the Kansas game?
    Are you kidding? I'm not in the locker room or the practice facilities to see that stuff.

Sorry if it seemed like I was stating something that was a fact. I was merely making an educated guess about what might have happened to cause this. I was just pointing out that the timing did not seem at all strange to me as the first game can be a time where leaders really assert themselves.

Again, I am thrilled for JRob. I guess my question on the timing is that the kid has always been, by all accounts, a model for everything you want from a teammate and player. As a 5th year guy, these bona fides were well established long ago, as was the fact that proving he's captain worthy on the court on game day aint happening. Why not just name him a captain when all the other captains were named? That's why I think the timing is strange, and has me wondering what he possibly could have done since the other captains were named to make K think him more captain worthy now? Perhaps Duke Blue Planet will come out with a video showing JRob performing the equivalent of Henry V's St. Crispin's Day monologue from the Knicks locker room before the Champions Classic? I would love to see it.

Again, I am thrilled for JRob. I guess my question on the timing is that the kid has always been, by all accounts, a model for everything you want from a teammate and player. As a 5th year guy, these bona fides were well established long ago, as was the fact that proving he's captain worthy on the court on game day aint happening. Why not just name him a captain when all the other captains were named? That's why I think the timing is strange, and has me wondering what he possibly could have done since the other captains were named to make K think him more captain worthy now? Perhaps Duke Blue Planet will come out with a video showing JRob performing the equivalent of Henry V's St. Crispin's Day monologue from the Knicks locker room before the Champions Classic? I would love to see it.
    I agree that the timing is unorthodox for a 5th year senior whose leadership value should be known at this point. IIRC, generally the extra captain is added during the summer preseason or midseason, but not one game in.

It could have more to do with the rest of the team than it has to do with Justin. Perhaps after the NYC trip it has become clear to Coach K that his extended leadership needs an especially long reach with this year's youthful team.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Perhaps Duke Blue Planet will come out with a video showing JRob performing the equivalent of Henry V's St. Crispin's Day monologue from the Knicks locker room before the Champions Classic? I would love to see it.
    Indeed, he must have called the team his band of brothers.