Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by szstark View Post
    . Any advice would greatly help resolve our constant debate. Thanks in advance for helping with one of the great problems of the modern world.
    ...as Blutarski advised Flounder in Animal House..."Drink heavily."

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    The answer is get your buddy to drive!
    Or just stay and have a few more.

So . . . Best Ball then?

I don't see a way to model that, because the imaginary 4th player could be really good or really bad and may never score... or score 18 times.

I think the 1.33 multiplier method is pretty reasonable. It doesn't assume the imaginary player's score counts every time. It assumes it counts 10 times (and scores the average of the other 30 scores). Not too bad.

After saying all that... I would just make the threesomes count 40 actual scores. It would be interesting to score using both methods over a number of rounds and see how close the total scores for the two methods line up.
    Last edited by jacone21; 11-06-2019 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I had high hopes from the thread title the question was going to be “how many beers can I have during a round before I have to Lyft home?” 🍻
    You're incorrigible...

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

You're putting me on, correct?

Amusing thread

Mixng golf and math and then use "ymm, Beer" types gotta force in beer, go figure

Have a big tourney tomorrow!! Many pros playing, plenty of cash on the line...will pose this question to them (or not).

No shortage of consumption there, either!! And yes, my buddy is driving

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Mixng golf and math and then use "ymm, Beer" types gotta force in beer, go figure

Have a big tourney tomorrow!! Many pros playing, plenty of cash on the line...will pose this question to them (or not).

No shortage of consumption there, either!! And yes, my buddy is driving
    Force? 🤔
    I’ve had plenty of beer without golf; confident I’ve never golfed without beer. 😂
    It was more like an gimme putt. 🤣

Good luck!

I’ve had plenty of beer without golf; confident I’ve never golfed without beer. 😂

!
    See here's the problem....grammar not math....as golf is not a verb!

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    See here's the problem...grammar not math...as golf is not a verb!
    There goes my reputation as probably the only student who attended Duke Engineering with a higher verbal SAT than math. 😂😂😂

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/are-you-golfing-or-playing-golf-washington-post-readers-debate

Salient quote:

“I suspect serious golfers cringed when they spotted the headline,” Philip C. Meyer wrote in a letter to the editor. “I’ve been playing golf for more than 60 years and have never heard a serious golfer use ‘golf’ as a verb, even though you can find a dictionary reference to such.

The real problem I’m not a serious golfer 🤣
    (You can also extrapolate that while I do enjoy playing golf, I am not good.)

There goes my reputation as probably the only student who attended Duke Engineering with a higher verbal SAT than math. 😂😂😂

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/are...readers-debate

Salient quote:

“I suspect serious golfers cringed when they spotted the headline,” Philip C. Meyer wrote in a letter to the editor. “I’ve been playing golf for more than 60 years and have never heard a serious golfer use ‘golf’ as a verb, even though you can find a dictionary reference to such.

To lure Tripping William into this discussion, and to tie in the "Words..." thread, I have to inquire which Ymm, Beer pairs best with shank.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    To lure Tripping William into this discussion, and to tie in the "Words..." thread, I have to inquire which Ymm, Beer pairs best with shank.

A Syrah pairs wonderfully with a lamb shank. Ymmm, wine . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    A Syrah pairs wonderfully with a lamb shank. Ymmm, wine . . . .
    I would think that Syrah and lamb shank could play well together, but it seems inevitable that one would take minutes from the other during a meal. There is after all only one mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I would think that Syrah and lamb shank could play well together, but it seems inevitable that one would take minutes from the other during a meal. There is after all only one mouth.

I guess “wine by IV” isn’t a thing in your world yet?

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    To lure Tripping William into this discussion, and to tie in the "Words..." thread, I have to inquire which Ymm, Beer pairs best with [expletive deleted].

I only pair f-bombs with that word.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Salient quote:

I'm with you on not a serious golfer...but I don't want to sound like a tourist either....I can sound serious, even while hacking it up.

(I did play to a 14HC at my best...and do have two validated holes in one....better to be lucky than good while PLAYING golf....)