Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 68, Kansas 66 Post-Game Thread

Put your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Coach K's like Derek Jeter, guys. Mr. November. Don't doubt it.

6-3 in the Champions Classic now. Guaranteed best record no matter what happens in the MSU-UK game.

Big sigh of relief here in Jayhawk country.

I'm still tallying up the KU TOs.

Great win tho.

Fantastic defensive show. Really good fightback after the big deficit early in the second. Thought it might slip away then, but we tightened back up, hit some big shots (Carey's three was, I thought, HUGE), and took it to them defensively the rest of the way. Great win. Plenty of time to fine-tune the offense a bit!

not pretty but we're scrappy and beat a very good and experienced team. I think our ceiling hinges on our ability to convert from 3. we don't need to be great at it. it just can't be a weak point. average is good enough and with the defense and Vernon inside, ACC title and FF within sight.

Huge win. Jack white really came through for us. Cassius and Matthew played really well in their first college game, and the defense looked mostly great. Really looking forward to seeing what this team can accomplish this season. GO DUKE!

So I am going to say when you put 2 football guys on the broadcast team for the champions classic I suppose it's not a surprise they spend the whole break between two amazing basketball games talking about football. Hm.

Great to start off the season with a top 5 win!

Defense looks great, especially considering all the freshmen. Getting 28 turnovers out of Kansas is exceptional. We are going to have to shoot better, and we had 16 turnovers our selves, so we'll have to be stronger with the ball. We seemed to rush some things at times, especially the freshmen (nerves), and a few times players were stuck having to do things they are not comfortable doing. I think we'll see a great improvement over the course of the season.

Of the returning players, I thought Tre, Jack and Alex played very well. Alex's scoring in the first half kept us in it, and Tre & Jack's play, especially in the second half with clutch free throws, big buckets, key rebounds, and timely steals, made the winning difference. Javin still has some issues with fouls and not having good hands, but the kid plays his arse off. Jordan got his first start, but didn't play his best... nerves perhaps. Too bad Joey didn't get in, his shooting looked great in the exhibition.

Of the freshmen, Cassius, Vernon, and Matthew had good stretches. I think Wendell was pressing a lot. Once he settles in and starts letting the game come to him, he'll be good. Cassius was good at both ends of the floor. Vernon too, actually. Matthew can really shoot, but he is not as far along defensively as his fellow freshmen, so he was subbed out for Jack late.

The lineup that we seemed to go with most late was Tre, Jack, Vernon, Alex, and Cassius.

Go Duke!!!!!
    Last edited by Son of Jarhead; 11-05-2019 at 10:40 PM. Reason: oopsy
    -Son of Jarhead

The Duke fan formerly known as BuschDevil

If you had told me we shot 37% FG with 33% 3s, 61% FT, outrebounded by 10 and won the game, I'd think you were a lunatic.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    If you had told me we shot 37% FG with 33% 3s, 61% FT, outrebounded by 10 and won the game, I'd think you were a lunatic.
    Duke's horrible shooting...was less than 50% FTs until right at the end...was offset by KU turnovers.

Good to see all 5 players contributing on both ends for most of the game!

Looks like our main rotation might be Carey, Hurt, White, Stanley, and Jones.

We played a 9 man rotation today. I don't think even K can shrink that down to 8.

scottdude8 is offline Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post

We played a 9 man rotation today. I don't think even K can shrink that down to 8.
    I think this may be our best lineup, but I wouldn't expect it to start (which is totally fine!). I think JG may continue to start to set the tone, and I think Stanley works well off the bench. I wouldn't be surprised if we start Carey, Hurt, AOC, JG and Jones going forward, even if Stanley and White get more PT than AOC and JG.

I love the varied pieces that this team has. Who plays big minutes will vary based on our opponent and who is hot. I think that's a pretty darn encouraging scenario.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Of course he could. Still, 8 guys would be good depth.

Looks like those of us who doubted Joey's playing time despite his big exhibition #2 were right to do so, unfortunately. Would love if his shot could crack the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Looks like those of us who doubted Joey's playing time despite his big exhibition #2 were right to do so, unfortunately. Would love if his shot could crack the rotation.
    Joey is obviously not ready for a big game like this. I'll be pikachu shocked if he doesn't see the floor against our next opponent. If he doesn't he is probably leaving...
    Last edited by proelitedota; 11-05-2019 at 09:44 PM.

Joey is obviously not ready for a big game like this. I'll be shock if he doesn't see the floor against our next opponent. If he doesn't he is probably leaving...
    Why not redshirt him, oh, wait. GoDuke!

I love all of you and am so, so happy that we are getting to watch Duke basketball for yet another season.

Also, WENDELL'S FEET WERE SET!

Should not have dropped acid before the tip, the colors of the broadcast screwed with me at randomly intermittently times.

Jack, Javin, and Tre got it done.

The bookies won this one. Aside from being impressed with them, I am starting the Cassius Stanley fan club. He’s going to be special. My biggest disappointment was no Joey Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by WVDUKEFAN View Post
    The bookies won this one. Aside from being impressed with them, I am starting the Cassius Stanley fan club. He’s going to be special. My biggest disappointment was no Joey Baker.
    This

Stanley might end up being the highest drafted player from this team.