Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    Oh, how the once mighty have fallen.

I am in dead last...by a long shot...with the very real chance of cashing out with -5000 today.

Humble sigh.

Having seen you be awarded the ‘Green Jacket’ in multiple years in the past, this is indeed amazing.

What is even more amazing is you are currently at 50% accuracy - and as you say, teetering on the brink of going out.

That is REALLY amazing.

Florida State wins by 19 points to cover the spread.
    Bob Green

Sins Wiped Away

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Uhhhh Utah and Minnesota are NOT in the ACC. GreenWaveDukie has broken the rules of the contest by betting on Utah to cover a 4 point spread tonight.

GreenWave, if Utah does cover, you will be required to post here in this thread about your efforts to undo those ill-gotten gains. Failure to do so will result in your expulsion from the contest. I hope, for your sake, that Utah fails to cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    James 5:16 - ‘Therefore, confess you’re sins to one another ...’

Somehow I managed to put 200 on Utah -4 tonight (against Minnesota). This is my 3rd year doing this (being in the contest in general - not necessarily failing to play by the rules). I know better.

I also know the drill. Hopefully they don’t cover and I move on. If I ‘win’ I’ll consult RichardJackson or others for ‘advice/guidance’ on how to properly repent of my ways.

Sorry to all. 😬
    Minnesota is coached by Richard Pitino, the son of Rick Pitino who was the coach at Louisville when they joined the ACC so maybe you got confused and thought Minnesota was in the ACC.

Sorry man, that is the best I can come up with here

Going back to 11/15/19, I wanted to put this one to rest, so Jason doesn't come arrest me and seize any of my future 'winnings'.

Turned out that Utah won by exactly 4, so it was a push, and I believe other than embarrassment for my stupidity, I am free from other punishment.

Whew, finally back in the plus column if only a measly 950 points. Well, let's see if I can close this thing out in a week to 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    Oh, how the once mighty have fallen.

I am in dead last...by a long shot...with the very real chance of cashing out with -5000 today.

Humble sigh.

This could change quickly--remember the fat lady !

Bad news... you got one right and one wrong. This means you still owe us 1000 units.

Now, the really bad news: Though you did nothing to wipe out your debt, you lost 50 credits due to the vig. The game you lost cost you 550 and the game you won gained you 500. In our book, you still need to find 1000 worth of losing wagers (which will be -1100 on your bottom line). So, you made no progress but also lost 50 units.

Sorry, that is the penalty for betting on the wrong game and then failing to quickly wipe out your ill-gotten gains. As you can see, this could become problematic as it goes on and on and on

Again, please post your losing picks here so we can track the progress.

-Jason "this could become a fun spectator sport" Evans
    Brutal. Ok, I'm going for two non-ACC games (pretty thin on the ACC front these days) to lose tomorrow. Penn St. +1 vs Maryland (feel both nervous and dirty about this one) and Connecticut +2.5 vs Indiana. Really hoping that both come through, that's for sure. I've been on a pretty steep losing curve since picking that first non-ACC game!

-Jason "this could become a fun spectator sport" Evans
    I'm amused. The Vig Death was foretold in Revelations. Or maybe by Nostradamus and his magic 8 ball.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 12-09-2019 at 10:41 PM. Reason: How many quatrains in a magic 8 ball?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I'm amused. The Vig Death was foretold in Revelations. Or maybe by Nostradamus and his magic 8 ball.
    Pedantic quibble, but it's Revelation, not Revelations. Almost everybody thinks it's plural, but it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldBattleship View Post
    Brutal. Ok, I'm going for two non-ACC games (pretty thin on the ACC front these days) to lose tomorrow. Penn St. +1 vs Maryland (feel both nervous and dirty about this one) and Connecticut +2.5 vs Indiana. Really hoping that both come through, that's for sure. I've been on a pretty steep losing curve since picking that first non-ACC game!
    This is going poorly for me already.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Pedantic quibble, but it's Revelation, not Revelations. Almost everybody thinks it's plural, but it's not.
    I'm doomed either way.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I'm doomed either way.
    But omen to the religiously endangered aside, do we also have to put up with bad grammar? Someone didn't proof their work.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldBattleship View Post
    And 1-1 again today, leaving me still 2 games to make up. For my next games to lose, I'm going with Chattanooga +13 against VaTech and Illinois +1.5 against Michigan. 0-2, here we come (I hope).

You guys know a lot more about sports gambling than me. I'm in Vegas for the weekend and will probably place a few bets for fun. No big deal if I lose them all. Do any of you see any betting odds you like?
    I'm thinking of betting UFC 245 as this looks like one of the best UFC cards in a long time. I'm thinking of maybe taking Usman -175; Nunes -280; Volkanovski +150; Moraes -200; Yan -475; and I'm not sure what to do with Geoff Neal -245 vs Mike Perry +205 (probably won't touch that one). You can also do things like Parlays: like Aldara and Yan bet $40 to make $80; Matt Brown & Max Holloway bet $50 to make $54; or Amanda Nunes and Moraes bet $50 to make $52.
    I'm also pretty down on the Panthers. So I might take Seattle to cover -6.5

See any bets you like? Or any of mine above that you hate? No worries if you like something and it loses. I don't care - just here to have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    See any bets you like?
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Ha! I thought same thing and already won $200 on that bet. Got me back to up $70 Net after hitting a Green 00 when I bet on 2 rows of numbers on outside. Yes I know how stupid roulette is. But I was at a conference all week doing all 30 hours of CME I needed for the year, so I didn't have time to study my poker books which I always do before playing these guys out here. So no poker this trip. Just brainless stuff.

Multiple ACC teams in action today after a couple of dark days so I placed four bets first thing this morning.

Kentucky (-15) over Georgia Tech
    Xavier (-5.5) over Wake Forest
    Syracuse at Georgetown Under 147
    UCLA at Notre Dame Over 138

I need to get a streak going hopefully it is a winning streak.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    See any bets you like? Or any of mine above that you hate? No worries if you like something and it loses. I don't care - just here to have fun.
    Hey Richard, the leader of this competition has 3 bets for today, and I feel pretty good about going 2-1. You could choose to tail me if you want.

Good luck on your betting, my friend!

Okay. In keeping with trying to bet on all games on both O/U and ATS, I am all in today.

12 bets. If I don't break .500 for the day, I'll be out since it would take me beyond -5000.

Starting to regret picking Kentucky to cover against GA Tech.

I am toast.

😎