Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    109 total points scored in Virginia game so the Over bets win.
    Bob Green

I’m am in a deep December slump, 6-11 so far this month. I just need to reverse all my bets and I’ll be doing great.

Troublemaker is still on a roll ... and TheOldBattleSheep is running a very impressive win percentage.

Nothing to bet on today.
    Last edited by Fish80; 12-05-2019 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Missed a letter

Quote Originally Posted by du_bb1 View Post
    All hail Troublemaker--6-0 yesterday--62+ % cumulative-very impressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Yes, very impressive. Hail to the Troublemaker!

I took the over on UVA tonight. What is wrong with me?
    Thanks for the kind words, guys. As always, a lot of luck goes into this even if I believe I'm skilled as well. From my perspective, I'll hit a cold streak at some point and hopefully I can react well to it and not tilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Thanks for the kind words, guys. As always, a lot of luck goes into this even if I believe I'm skilled as well. From my perspective, I'll hit a cold streak at some point and hopefully I can react well to it and not tilt.
    I sure am glad you're not in my fantasy football league. GoDuke!

Also kudos to old battleship---71.4+ % Wow !

Quote Originally Posted by du_bb1 View Post
    Also kudos to old battleship---71.4+ % Wow !
    Thanks for the kind words, but that % conceals two important truths: 1) I have one win that was a non-ACC game that'll have to come out of my score eventually, and 2) it's high because of low volume, and volume is low because I forgot my password for a while and couldn't log in to make picks.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldBattleship View Post
    I have one win that was a non-ACC game that'll have to come out of my score eventually
    Please make a pick to reverse the winnings and post your pick here so all of us can see your attempt to bet on a loser. This really should be done as quickly as possible.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I bet on Duke to cover (-7) against Virginia Tech. Blacksburg has been tough in recent years so the players will have to bring their “A” game.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Please make a pick to reverse the winnings and post your pick here so all of us can see your attempt to bet on a loser. This really should be done as quickly as possible.
    Ah, gotcha. I'm betting 500 on Columbia +3.5 against Bryant tonight at 7, and will be incredibly irritated if Columbia doesn't lose by at least ten.

Ah, gotcha. I'm betting 500 on Columbia +3.5 against Bryant tonight at 7, and will be incredibly irritated if Columbia doesn't lose by at least ten.
    Well, that was a bummer. I'll pick another (two, I guess?) for tomorrow.

Well, that was a bummer. I'll pick another (two, I guess?) for tomorrow.
    Funny. It is hard to lose on purpose. 😄

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Funny. It is hard to lose on purpose. 😄
    It's hard to pick non-ACC games against the spread, too. Anyway, tomorrow's two to lose: 500 on Nebraska +11.5 against Creighton and 500 on St. Joes +16 against Nova. Fingers crossed.

It's hard to pick non-ACC games against the spread, too. Anyway, tomorrow's two to lose: 500 on Nebraska +11.5 against Creighton and 500 on St. Joes +16 against Nova. Fingers crossed.
    Jason can correct me if wrong, but you're allowed to pick losers in ACC games to make up the debt. That'd be funny though if the punishment is the reverse of the usual rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Jason can correct me if wrong, but you're allowed to pick losers in ACC games to make up the debt. That'd be funny though if the punishment is the reverse of the usual rules.
    Yup, you can pick an ACC game to take care of your debt (which is currently 1000 units). But, be sure to post to this thread with the pick in advance of the game so we know which game you are picking to be a loser and which is just a regular pick.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Thanks for the kind words, but that % conceals two important truths: 1) I have one win that was a non-ACC game that'll have to come out of my score eventually, and 2) it's high because of low volume, and volume is low because I forgot my password for a while and couldn't log in to make picks.

Still darn good
    Last edited by Bob Green; 12-07-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Yup, you can pick an ACC game to take care of your debt (which is currently 1000 units). But, be sure to post to this thread with the pick in advance of the game so we know which game you are picking to be a loser and which is just a regular pick.
    That is terrific to know, thanks! Hoping that my two today come through and this is all a moot point, though.

That is terrific to know, thanks! Hoping that my two today come through and this is all a moot point, though.
    Bad news... you got one right and one wrong. This means you still owe us 1000 units.

Now, the really bad news: Though you did nothing to wipe out your debt, you lost 50 credits due to the vig. The game you lost cost you 550 and the game you won gained you 500. In our book, you still need to find 1000 worth of losing wagers (which will be -1100 on your bottom line). So, you made no progress but also lost 50 units.

Sorry, that is the penalty for betting on the wrong game and then failing to quickly wipe out your ill-gotten gains. As you can see, this could become problematic as it goes on and on and on

Again, please post your losing picks here so we can track the progress.

-Jason "this could become a fun spectator sport" Evans

Carolina at Virginia is a tough game to pick as I have no confidence in either team’s offense. I went with Carolina (+4) because Virginia looked totally inept against Purdue. This is a win win wager as it isn’t going to upset me if Virginia wipes the floor with Carolina.

I also took Florida State (-10.5) to cover at home against Clemson.
    Bob Green

Went the other way on Va game, without Bacot hoping cheaters O will be even more inept. Also went w FSU, think Clemson is in deep trouble which means they will win by 20

Oh, how the once mighty have fallen.

I am in dead last...by a long shot...with the very real chance of cashing out with -5000 today.

Humble sigh.