Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneRyan View Post
    Also, I think Jason is keeping the Covers line at Duke -1 as a test of loyalty. Anyone who doesn't take it is a coward and a traitor.
    no no...that's not how this works. Play here to win here.

Besides, the real test of loyalty is to perhaps bet against Duke...and yet still hope Duke wins (and thus you lose the bet)...which I''m sure is a test everyone here passes.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Ahh, there is the rub. Finding a losing bet ain't easy.
    I’ve had a couple occasions where I’ve been sitting at a blackjack table in Vegas with a small handful of chips left at the end of the night and decided I just wanted to lose them. Usually because I was too lazy or depressed to walk to the cashier to cash them out. On both occasions I went on long winning streaks. I was still playing basic strategy, it’s not like I was hitting on 18, but flipping the mental switch and trying to lose is often a great way to start winning.

Has RJ199 been eliminated from this year's contest yet?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I wish there was a way to have one "lock" pick per week that allowed us to vote 1,000 or more points just once a week. Could be interesting. I'd probably be -5000 first.

I can't believe UNC is -11 vs. Notre Dame. That seems crazy high, but then looked at the open and they were -12 and -12.5 on some books.

I’m offering my picking services to the highest bidder- just do the opposite of me and you are guaranteed to win!

Man I thought ND v cheaters would be a score-fest

ETA there is some amazingly bad hair playing for the heels this year.
    Last edited by brlftz; 11-06-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    HAH, I was wondering if your 500 every game every bet strategy would hold...
    I’ll be back to the 500 on every bet on every game as soon as I get a sense of who these teams are.

I intend to be in the running all season long. 😎

Interesting that Covers has a wrong score for UNC Notre Dame. Currently showing 74-65. Everything else I see shows 76-65. Big error if you picked UNC to cover.

Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    Man I thought ND v cheaters would be a score-fest

ETA there is some amazingly bad hair playing for the heels this year.
    Um.

Yeah.

I'm off to a nice start at 4-0 +2000.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by 6th Man View Post
    Interesting that Covers has a wrong score for UNC Notre Dame. Currently showing 74-65. Everything else I see shows 76-65. Big error if you picked UNC to cover.

Yeah, I went to bed last night at 2-2, at -160, and with bets on UVA to cover and the under on their game with SU. Woke up at 6-1 and in 4th place. Pleasant surprise.

Good night tonight.

Bump into second.

Finally on the plus side!

I’m doing very good ATS and very bad with the O/U. Maybe I should stop betting the O/U?

Nah. It will turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post

I’m doing very good ATS and very bad with the O/U. Maybe I should stop betting the O/U?

Not getting into the one-sided non-conference match-ups. Don't know enough yet about the ACC teams and know next-to-nothing about Nicholls State, etc. Maybe next week.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Has RJ199 been eliminated from this year's contest yet?

For pride and after being one of the first 2 people to bust out of this contest I think every single year, I'm changing it up. I'm just going to stake Troublemaker who has started in the hole.

Standard deal, I get 50% of his winnings, but if he loses it's on me.

Had not checked standings for few days, traveling to Duke for BB and FB games. A pleasure to be leading--can we call the season now ???
    It may be gone by end of day.

Not all games are being offered. Sigh.

Embarrassingly tech-unsavvy question: anyone know why I'm listed as "Hidden"/how I'd unhide myself? I'd like my season-long mediocrity to be witnessed!

Hidden.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post

I'm a remarkably good 9-2 against the spread... and a remarkably bad 2-8 on O/U. I am seriously considering stopping betting the O/U. I actually bet on the over in a Virginia game last week... where was my head?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldBattleship View Post
    Embarrassingly tech-unsavvy question: anyone know why I'm listed as "Hidden"/how I'd unhide myself? I'd like my season-long mediocrity to be witnessed!

Hidden.jpg
    That just means your picks are hidden, not your full profile.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I'm a remarkably good 9-2 against the spread... and a remarkably bad 2-8 on O/U. I am seriously considering stopping betting the O/U. I actually bet on the over in a Virginia game last week... where was my head?!?!

That just means your picks are hidden, not your full profile.
    Ah, great, thanks!

I'm impressed anyone is getting any O/U right at all, honestly. I've completely avoiding it myself. It's just so hard to tell this early in the year, especially when there are such major new rules (3 pt line and shot clock, particularly) in play. Will be interested how low UVA can push that line this year, though!