Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 361 to 368 of 368
  1. #361
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Deservedly in 24th place in the my first season-long degenerates contest. Down but not out - even under the original rules. So, OK. I suck, but at least I'm not kicked out.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Yours truly being so dominant rendered the ACC tournament cancelation meaningless.

    At least as far as figuring out who #1 in this competition is.

    Was fun while it lasted, folks. Wash your hands.
    Congrats Trouble!!

    You are so good and sharp. Next year in Vegas I'm definitely piggybacking on your picks.

    I'm proud of myself that this is the first Degenerate contest I haven't busted out of (and busted out first). I understand that is because I was too busy working to bet most of the games this year. But I only lost a respectable Vegas bankroll of fake money playing which is a win.

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Congrats Trouble!!

    You are so good and sharp. Next year in Vegas I'm definitely piggybacking on your picks.

    I'm proud of myself that this is the first Degenerate contest I haven't busted out of (and busted out first). I understand that is because I was too busy working to bet most of the games this year. But I only lost a respectable Vegas bankroll of fake money playing which is a win.
    Richard, thank you, my friend!

    You are a true gentleman, and also too modest. If my opinion means anything, I really do think you're getting better at this.

    Hmmm, lots of degenerate competitors, but very few congratulations like yours. I get it. I'm the only 3-time champ of this competition. Y'all hate me cuz you ain't me!

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Durham

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Richard, thank you, my friend!

    You are a true gentleman, and also too modest. If my opinion means anything, I really do think you're getting better at this.

    Hmmm, lots of degenerate competitors, but very few congratulations like yours. I get it. I'm the only 3-time champ of this competition. Y'all hate me cuz you ain't me!
    @Troublemaker: Everybody loves you because of your modesty.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Y'all hate me cuz you ain't me!
    It's more like awe, really. You don't congratulate someone for taking candy from us babies. We're not worthy.

  6. #366
    The suddenness of the insanity of COVID in March meant that I do not think I checked this board from the announcement of the NCAAs being cancelled until yesterday (I'm a summer camp director...and while "cancelling" a summer in theory means an easier year, in practice it actually means the hardest summer of your life).

    I checked the standings, and I'm proud of my 8th place finish. I'm especially proud of the fact that I did it on 43 bets (instead of just none). This is the second highest I've ever finished.


    Also - looking over the results, and the fact that only 7 folks walked away with fake internet money, and 25 people lost some (or a lot!) really shows me just how rough sports gambling can be.

  7. #367
    Who's ready to run this back for another season?

    Season starts on Wednesday with 11 games involving ACC teams!

  8. #368
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Who's ready to run this back for another season?

    Season starts on Wednesday with 11 games involving ACC teams!
    Bump. Paging Jason Evans... The lines will be out Tuesday night. Will we have a league by then?

Similar Threads

  1. 2019 ACC Picking Contest (Degenerate Gamblers Rejoice!!)
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 747
    Last Post: 03-19-2019, 05:39 PM
  2. Replies: 126
    Last Post: 12-30-2018, 02:26 PM
  3. NCAA Tournament picking contest- Degenerate Gamblers allowed!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-03-2018, 06:27 PM
  4. ACC Picking Contest - Degenerate Gamblers allowed!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 03-12-2018, 11:04 AM
  5. Pre-ACC Picking Contest - Degenerate Gamblers Rejoice!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 01-01-2018, 06:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •