Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Just dropping in and being amazed to see no action here on the Duke -8 line...
    Oh, I nailed both that and the under. The wins got me all the way up to 13th place...at -310. Somehow, I'm not feeling the strut, yet. Maybe if some of today's bets come in, and I'm able to make it into positive territory I might feel more accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Oh, I nailed both that and the under. The wins got me all the way up to 13th place...at -310. Somehow, I'm not feeling the strut, yet. Maybe if some of today's bets come in, and I'm able to make it into positive territory I might feel more accomplished.
    Or, I could get back to 50-50 on my picks, which means the vig is killing me again, to the tune of -1560.

Just for fun, these folks are positive (figure zero is a positive in this business!). Congrats!
    Code:
    1 	TroublemakerDBR 	89-60-2 	59.60% 	+11500
    2 	TheOldBattleshi 	22-10-0 	68.75% 	+3860 
    3 	left_hook_lacey 	31-22-1 	58.33% 	+3000 
    4 	sagegrouse 		13-8-1 		61.36% 	+880 
    5 	brlftz 			6-4-0 		60.00% 	+800 
    6 	HereBeforeK 		20-18-0 	52.63% 	+250 
    7 	ToniKukoc 		2-3-0 		40.00% 	+230 
    8 	richardjackson1 	21-19-0 	52.50% 	+50 
    9 	peterjswift 		22-20-1 	52.33% 	+0
    and these are out:
    Code:
    28 	NYBri 			81-85-2 	48.81% 	-7090 
    29 	CameronBlue 		115-118-7 	49.38% 	-7400
    30 	Billv47 		60-68-2 	46.92% 	-7400
    31 	Bob_Green 		34-45-0 	43.04% 	-7750
    32 	Rich2 			76-88-2 	46.39% 	-7930
    33 	Fish80 			109-114-1 	48.88% 	-8200

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Yeah, hats off to Richard. He nailed this one. I lost a pie and 1,000 units in the degenerates contest. Oof.
    Yesterday was probably the best Valentine's Day ever. I had 12 roses delivered to the Mrs. without incident. It was a work day, but I got out unusually early due to 4 patients either late-cancelling or no-showing. We hadn't made reservations, but we somehow just walked into Ryan's Steakhouse on Valentine's Day and they worked us in for their special Valentine's dinner. There cannot be a better restaurant in Winston-Salem. Everything was phenomenal and romantic.

Pretty standard so far, right. Oh no, we then arrived home and what do we see on our front door step? A Wayne Hill Cherry Ganache pie from Left Hook Lacy. Thanks Left Hook! This has to be the fastest turnaround I've ever seen one of these pies arrive from a DBR bet. I hope you didn't pay crazy overnight shipping charges to get it to us by Valentine's.

Also making yesterday cool, I got a late email from Duke saying they had room for me in the Cameron Crazy section for today's game. Do I want to go for some face value tickets? Um yes. And as Bob Green can tell you, I'm loud. Not the kind of loud that will make Coach K come yell at me (misunderstanding I know). I support our team. If my yelling has any say in the matter, I'll lose my voice and we're going to pull out this W. So there's your insider sharp tip, take Duke to cover.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Yesterday was probably the best Valentine's Day ever. I had 12 roses delivered to the Mrs. without incident. It was a work day, but I got out unusually early due to 4 patients either late-cancelling or no-showing. We hadn't made reservations, but we somehow just walked into Ryan's Steakhouse on Valentine's Day and they worked us in for their special Valentine's dinner. There cannot be a better restaurant in Winston-Salem. Everything was phenomenal and romantic.

Pretty standard so far, right. Oh no, we then arrived home and what do we see on our front door step? A Wayne Hill Cherry Ganache pie from Left Hook Lacy. Thanks Left Hook! This has to be the fastest turnaround I've ever seen one of these pies arrive from a DBR bet. I hope you didn't pay crazy overnight shipping charges to get it to us by Valentine's.

Also making yesterday cool, I got a late email from Duke saying they had room for me in the Cameron Crazy section for today's game. Do I want to go for some face value tickets? Um yes. And as Bob Green can tell you, I'm loud. Not the kind of loud that will make Coach K come yell at me (misunderstanding I know). I support our team. If my yelling has any say in the matter, I'll lose my voice and we're going to pull out this W. So there's your insider sharp tip, take Duke to cover.
    Plus you'll have plenty of time for a trip to Fullsteam/Durty Bull/Bull City Burgers and Brews/Ponysaurus/HiWire after the game for dinner and some tasty Durham-brewed beers (and reviews on Ymm, Beer).

Amirite?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Plus you'll have plenty of time for a trip to Fullsteam/Durty Bull/Bull City Burgers and Brews/Ponysaurus/HiWire after the game for dinner and some tasty Durham-brewed beers (and reviews on Ymm, Beer).

Amirite?
    I wish. beergoddess is working inpatient, and the buddy I"m going with hired a babysitter who may charge some pretty hefty overtime if I get into all those shenanigans. But after March I'm hoping to make more dedicated trips to the RDU area with beer hunting and seeing good friends as the sole objective.

That Wayne Hill Cherry Ganache is SOOO good. It tastes like Valentines Day. That has to be the best pie Grand Traverse makes. Win one.

I wish. beergoddess is working inpatient, and the buddy I"m going with hired a babysitter who may charge some pretty hefty overtime if I get into all those shenanigans. But after March I'm hoping to make more dedicated trips to the RDU area with beer hunting and seeing good friends as the sole objective.
    All good points. Enjoy!!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

You're welcome

I have been picking the Cheats to cover the spread every game, on the theory that it causes them to play badly. I have lost a lot of those bets, but last night it worked to perfection: they covered the spread, and still got their hearts ripped out at the end again.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I have been picking the Cheats to cover the spread every game, on the theory that it causes them to play badly. I have lost a lot of those bets, but last night it worked to perfection: they covered the spread, and still got their hearts ripped out at the end again.
    Maybe if you'd said so ahead. I picked ND and the under. Frickin' Cheaters can't even lose right.

Today is the Day

Well, while being solidly locked into 4th place in this week's weekly standings (at -2,270: thanks Phredd3 for keeping me out of last), it's time to make the big move. I'm sitting at .500 on the season, currently good for 24th place, at a whopping -4,020. And Krzyzewskiville, I'm just not coming for you to get myself into the top 23, I'm looking for a big day, to climb multiple places, get thousands of points, and perhaps even move in to the top 10. So, going all out (or, down the tubes, as is likely the case) with 12 500 point bets, looking to go at least 10-2 for a net 3,900 on the day (wondering if that will register as the single highest point total in Degenerate history). Or, perhaps, by 10:00pm tonight I'll be siting alongside NYBri, Bob Greene, Rich2 and the rest of the folks waiting for the ACC tournament and new life when the day finishes.

But going strong, one way or another!!!

(Ha. Upon first glance, it appears almost all my picks (that I can remember anyway - made them last night), are completely different than Troublemakers. -7,000, here I come!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    Well, while being solidly locked into 4th place in this week's weekly standings (at -2,270: thanks Phredd3 for keeping me out of last), it's time to make the big move.
    Happy to help! I, too, am betting pretty heavily today. For the first time, if I get 0-fered, I'll be out. It's now or never. I have consciously not calibrated my picks against anyone else's. They're all mine, sink or swim. Good luck to us both!

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Happy to help! I, too, am betting pretty heavily today. For the first time, if I get 0-fered, I'll be out. It's now or never. I have consciously not calibrated my picks against anyone else's. They're all mine, sink or swim. Good luck to us both!
    I'm not an attorney, but evidence previously submitted validates your point here.

As others have noted the Easy Money pick of the day is FSU to cover -1.5 over NC State.

Not so fast here...

As others have noted the Easy Money pick of the day is FSU to cover -1.5 over NC State.

uhhh, found one notable poster and degenerate that seems to be going against the grain on this one. Hmmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    uhhh, found one notable poster and degenerate that seems to be going against the grain on this one. Hmmmmm.
    Interesting. And Trouble has been pretty bullish on FSU in prior posts. Early on he correctly said to not be surprised if they make a run at the regular season conference championship before any of us knew how good they were.

I can promise you Trouble knows infinitely more about this stuff than I do. I'm just assuming State will be State - devastate our hopes for a 1 seed by playing the game of their lives against us in Raleigh. And then letdown and play like crap against everybody else, including breaking Roy's recent losing streak in blow-out fashion.

Back in action with FSU, who would have won by 15+ except for missed FTs.

To be a good sport, I gave the points on the VT game and took the over

Bump.

No clue on any of these games. No gut feeling either. So of course it's fun to just bet them all, look quickly at the spreads, and make a pick. Could be an 0-5 kinda day.

Bump.

No clue on any of these games. No gut feeling either. So of course it's fun to just bet them all, look quickly at the spreads, and make a pick. Could be an 0-5 kinda day.
    I have slacked lately, haven't made any bets or even looked at the spreads.

Made a few bets today to try to claw back into 2nd place.

Ain't nobody catching Troublemaker. I gave up trying.

Yours truly being so dominant rendered the ACC tournament cancelation meaningless.

At least as far as figuring out who #1 in this competition is.

Was fun while it lasted, folks. Wash your hands.