Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    I知 back at today with 1,000 wagered:

Virginia (-5) to Cover against Wake Forest and Under 117 points.

Being deep in a hole means one must keep betting to dig out.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I知 back at today with 1,000 wagered:

Virginia (-5) to Cover against Wake Forest and Under 117 points.

Being deep in a hole means one must keep betting to dig out.
    I got it at under 118.

And rIght now they have combined to score 14 points in 9 minutes. But last time I confidently bet the under on UVA, Syracuse scored 20 points in OT to crush me.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    I got it at under 118.

And rIght now they have combined to score 14 points in 9 minutes. But last time I confidently bet the under on UVA, Syracuse scored 20 points in OT to crush me.
    1.7 seconds left, UVA up 56-53, and fouls a 3 point shot. Oh, my. Wake to the line to shoot 3. (hey, Bob, did I mention I lost a UVA under when the game went to OT?)

(hey, Bob, did I mention I lost a UVA under when the game went to OT?)
    I lost the Under in the Syracuse OT game just like I am going to lose the Under today. OT is nightmare for the Under bettor.
    Bob Green

112 points in regulation... the under is fine.

Oh wait, there's an OT and the under is doomed. What's more, Wake is clearly going to cover. -1100 for me (and a lot of other folks, I think). Ugh.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Virginia cost me 1,100 yesterday so I am at the brink of elimination (-6,050). 500 on State (-6.0) to cover against Carolina.
    Bob Green

Virginia cost me 1,100 yesterday so I am at the brink of elimination (-6,050). 500 on State (-6.0) to cover against Carolina.
    My smaller bets just mean that my march to the scaffold takes a little longer...

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    My smaller bets just mean that my march to the scaffold takes a little longer...
    At least you'll have time to enjoy the view.

+500 last night by betting on UNC to cover the spread. I expected them to keep it close, didn't think they'd actually win, especially not by double digits.

Got 1,000 on the line tonight. I want to make a pick on the Pitt game, but Pitt has been Jekyll and Hyde this year, and that's too risky for me to bet a 16.5 spread.

If I hadn't succumbed to peer pressure, my winning strategy of "Never place a bet" would have me in 8th place. Instead, I went all in and dropped to 25th place in a little over a week. If max bets with no research got me into this mess, I can only assume that max bets without research will get me out of it.

I知 at -6,600 so tonight could be my last night of eligibility so I wagered 2,000:

Syracuse (+2), Virginia Tech (-3.5), FSU (-1.5) and Duke (-16.5) to Cover.
    Bob Green

I知 at -6,600 so tonight could be my last night of eligibility so I wagered 2,000:

Syracuse (+2), Virginia Tech (-3.5), FSU (-1.5) and Duke (-16.5) to Cover.

Bob - Rooting for you - and Duke. The thread you are hanging by has your feet currently dangling in the water. Hopefully the blue devils will pull you back out.

I知 done.
    Bob Green

Clemson scores one more point and I would have had +3000 yesterday. I値l take the 2450 though.

I’m done.
    Bummer... I would not mind if you continued to post some of your picks here. I find it interesting to see what others are thinking.

I too was in danger of being out yesterday but went 4-for-5 on my picks. Sadly, I missed the only 500-unit wager (thanks for laying an egg, VT) and hit on a couple 200/300 wagers that I was unsure about. As a result, I only made 950 units. Still, I'll take it.

I want no part of Wake getting 9 at Notre Dame today, don't trust either team enough to have a good sense of that one. But, I am going to take a 300-unit flier for a Louisville to blow out BC by more than 12 and for that game to hit the 133 over (400 units).
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Bummer... I would not mind if you continued to post some of your picks here. I find it interesting to see what others are thinking.

I too was in danger of being out yesterday but went 4-for-5 on my picks. Sadly, I missed the only 500-unit wager (thanks for laying an egg, VT) and hit on a couple 200/300 wagers that I was unsure about. As a result, I only made 950 units. Still, I'll take it.

I want no part of Wake getting 9 at Notre Dame today, don't trust either team enough to have a good sense of that one. But, I am going to take a 300-unit flier for a Louisville to blow out BC by more than 12 and for that game to hit the 133 over (400 units).

Would be interested to see your list of teams you do trust. Even those you trust to 'lay an egg' and lose. My list would be pretty small, I can assure you that. Just so hard (for me, anyway) to figure these teams out in the ACC this year.

Would be interested to see your list of teams you do trust. Even those you trust to 'lay an egg' and lose. My list would be pretty small, I can assure you that. Just so hard (for me, anyway) to figure these teams out in the ACC this year.
    Excellent point... the problem is not that the conference is bad, the problem is that the conference is wildly inconsistent. Pitt can beat FSU or take Louisville to OT one game and then lose to Nichols St or Wake (at home) the next.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    ... the problem is not that the conference is bad, the problem is that the conference is wildly inconsistent.
    The inconsistency bit me in the butt consistently. Moreover, I bet on road favorites to cover waaaaaay too many times.
    Bob Green

Hey, did anyone happen to notice who went on a tear and won the week?

That is most impressive--bowing in awe..