Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    I am toast.

😎
    Game recognizes game. Sorry to see you leave so soon this year, brother, but have no doubt, you are a very good gambler. (It takes one to know one perhaps :-) Poop happens sometimes in gambling, and even a very good gambler can go on a bad streak.

As it stands, I believe you and I are the only two 2-time bracelet winners in this Degenerates league. (Green Wave, I've shifted from the golf analogy that wasn't catching on to the World Series of Poker analogy for our league which is much more appropriate, arguably too on-the-nose which is why I had tried to avoid it). There are several others that have won one bracelet each, so if I hang on in this current competition, I'll become the first 3-time bracelet winner.

Anyway, there's no shame in bowing out early here, NYBri. We'll see you in a few months for the NCAA tournament competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Game recognizes game. Sorry to see you leave so soon this year, brother, but have no doubt, you are a very good gambler. (It takes one to know one perhaps :-) Poop happens sometimes in gambling, and even a very good gambler can go on a bad streak.

As it stands, I believe you and I are the only two 2-time bracelet winners in this Degenerates league. (Green Wave, I've shifted from the golf analogy that wasn't catching on to the World Series of Poker analogy for our league which is much more appropriate, arguably too on-the-nose which is why I had tried to avoid it). There are several others that have won one bracelet each, so if I hang on in this current competition, I'll become the first 3-time bracelet winner.

Anyway, there's no shame in bowing out early here, NYBri. We'll see you in a few months for the NCAA tournament competition.
    Indeed!
    😎

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    You guys know a lot more about sports gambling than me. I'm in Vegas for the weekend and will probably place a few bets for fun. No big deal if I lose them all. Do any of you see any betting odds you like?
    I'm thinking of betting UFC 245 as this looks like one of the best UFC cards in a long time. I'm thinking of maybe taking Usman -175; Nunes -280; Volkanovski +150; Moraes -200; Yan -475; and I'm not sure what to do with Geoff Neal -245 vs Mike Perry +205 (probably won't touch that one). You can also do things like Parlays: like Aldara and Yan bet $40 to make $80; Matt Brown & Max Holloway bet $50 to make $54; or Amanda Nunes and Moraes bet $50 to make $52.
    I'm also pretty down on the Panthers. So I might take Seattle to cover -6.5

See any bets you like? Or any of mine above that you hate? No worries if you like something and it loses. I don't care - just here to have fun.
    My post from a few days ago. Regrettably, after this post I did lose and go down $1930 on Roulette single Zero after bringing $2000 to gamble and have fun with in Vegas. I had $70 left from the gambling slush fund, and bet it on UFC parlay (as above) on Brown, Usman, Nunes, Moraes, Yan, and Neal. I was too scared to bet on the Holloway Volkanovski fight because 2 UFC followers I trust felt strongly Holloway would win. So I left that one off the parlay because I liked Volkanovski. I have never won a parlay before going 6-0 tonight!, but I just turned that $70 into $470 with the parlay. That didn't feel enough so I bet roulette on Red and doubled it to $800 late profit rather than $400. This leaves me still down about $1130 for trip. But that feels so much better than being down $1930. So last decision is should I buy in $800 minimum buy into high stakes poker game or quit while I'm behind. Bellagio tells me a huge buy-in poker tourney on TV starts on Monday and pros are in town. Hmm...

ps NYBri is a stud and I've lost beer to him. If he or Troublemaker tells me a smarter bet tomorrow I'll take it.

I went 0 - 4 yesterday to fall way down the leaderboard. More bets will be placed today as I begin the long climb back toward the top.
    Bob Green

So last decision is should I buy in $800 minimum buy into high stakes poker game or quit while I'm behind. Bellagio tells me a huge buy-in poker tourney on TV starts on Monday and pros are in town. Hmm...

ps NYBri is a stud and I've lost beer to him. If he or Troublemaker tells me a smarter bet tomorrow I'll take it.
    Ha, I wonder how often anyone has asked that question and then not sat down at a table? Good luck either way, Richard, and congrats on the parlay!

For today, I sort of like UNC and the over in their game (took both in Degenerates and in real life) even though I was more confident in the plays yesterday. Since parlays might be magic for you this weekend, I would parlay UNC and over for a portion of the bet if you're feeling frisky. So, for example, if you wanted to bet $200 on this game, I'd put $100 on UNC spread by itself and another $100 on the UNC spread / over parlay.

I wish I had some NFL plays to give you but I've gotten behind on prepping for that sport due to being busy with life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I went 0 - 4 yesterday to fall way down the leaderboard. More bets will be placed today as I begin the long climb back toward the top.
    You're another good gambler, Bob, as you always seem to be among the leaders in these things. Good luck!

For today, I sort of like UNC and the over in their game (took both in Degenerates and in real life) even though I was more confident in the plays yesterday. Since parlays might be magic for you this weekend, I would parlay UNC and over for a portion of the bet if you're feeling frisky. So, for example, if you wanted to bet $200 on this game, I'd put $100 on UNC spread by itself and another $100 on the UNC spread / over parlay.
    Abort, abort, Richard! If it's not too late. UNC has major injury issues, as apparently Cole Anthony and Leaky Black are out.

Abort, abort, Richard! If it's not too late. UNC has major injury issues, as apparently Cole Anthony and Leaky Black are out.
    Yeah, can I abort the 300 I put on UNC, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    Yeah, can I abort the 300 I put on UNC, too?
    I took Wofford and the under.

Ha Thanks! No worries, I didn't bet on it anyway. When you said you weren't as confident as your plays from yesterday, I combined that with just not feeling like rooting for the heels on my vacation. So I didn't bet anything and am now thoroughly enjoying them losing to Wofford again as I should.

It was so much fun yesterday turning that last $70 into $800, I think I am actually done gambling this trip. I still have that good taste in my mouth even though I'm down $1130. I'll be back in May, to take my wife to see Lady Gaga and ready to play some poker.

Ha Thanks! No worries, I didn't bet on it anyway. When you said you weren't as confident as your plays from yesterday, I combined that with just not feeling like rooting for the heels on my vacation. So I didn't bet anything and am now thoroughly enjoying them losing to Wofford again as I should.

It was so much fun yesterday turning that last $70 into $800, I think I am actually done gambling this trip. I still have that good taste in my mouth even though I'm down $1130. I'll be back in May, to take my wife to see Lady Gaga and ready to play some poker.
    Were there any tables to make any pie bets? If not, Vegas is no DBR. 😁

Grrrr Clemson cost me 550 FMU’s. Paper tigers.

I see what you did there:

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Were there any tables to make any pie bets? If not, Vegas is no DBR. 😁
    I'm pretty sure they could make that happen at the Buffet

Picked Gonzaga to cover tonight. I think they could win by 25+ easily

Quote Originally Posted by left_hook_lacey View Post
    Picked Gonzaga to cover tonight. I think they could win by 25+ easily
    I've been eyeing the under as well. UNC has struggled to score even with Cole Anthony.

At 145.5, 80-65 feels like a reasonable score. I think it really comes down to if you think UNC can score 65. I think they may struggle to hit 60. Is Leaky still day-to-day?

- Chillin

Does anyone know if KenPom's predicted scores are injury-adjusted? I suspect not. But others probably know.

- Chillin

So far this season I am a net -490. But I am +1000 betting against UNC. Hoping to add to that total tonight

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    Does anyone know if KenPom's predicted scores are injury-adjusted? I suspect not. But others probably know.

- Chillin
    kenpom's projections are not injury-adjusted.

BTW, early bird gets the Zags -10.5

Wouldn't mind an epic blowout, but wouldn't mind Zags by 11 or 12 tonight, either, muahahahahha

kenpom's projections are not injury-adjusted.

BTW, early bird gets the Zags -10.5

Wouldn't mind an epic blowout, but wouldn't mind Zags by 11 or 12 tonight, either, muahahahahha
    Got them at 12.5.

Yeah, I'm not a morning person.

I'm equally intrigued by the under. I think UNC will struggle to hit 65 and maybe even 60 if Leaky is out. I dunno - struggling to pull the trigger.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    Got them at 12.5.

Yeah, I'm not a morning person.

I'm equally intrigued by the under. I think UNC will struggle to hit 65 and maybe even 60 if Leaky is out. I dunno - struggling to pull the trigger.

- Chillin
    I feel like this is one of those where the basketball analysis might point to a Zags blowout, but the intangibles keep it from being one (ie- they're coming off a huge win at Arizona, everyone's down on UNC ,no Anthony is actually good for them temporarily etc.) I could see them keeping it close for a while.

Then again, I never know if this is just an emotional hedge my brain automatically creates with UNCheat.