Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Jason after tonight I may need another couplea grand. I'm good for it. You can hold my Rolex.

I took FSU (-6.5) to cover at home over Virginia.

Posting my picks is a public service. A quick look at my 30-31 (-2050) record says I don’t completely suck but I’m not good at this either. I can’t seem to get Big Mo on my team this season.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I took FSU (-6.5) to cover at home over Virginia.

Posting my picks is a public service. A quick look at my 30-31 (-2050) record says I don’t completely suck but I’m not good at this either. I can’t seem to get Big Mo on my team this season.
    Sorry, Bob, I also took FSU to cover.

What time did the BC v Syracuse game start? I missed that one.

6:30
    Bob Green

Hello fellow degenerates,

I'm not ducking my duty to be degenerate, I've just been busy the past couple of days and couldn't handicap the games properly*. I should be able to make bets on Saturday, though.

* Everyone probably knows this, but when you're down in the standings, you're just going to quickly click thru and bet on some games, hoping to go on a winning streak. When you're up in the standings as I am, you might spend like 10-15 minutes researching a game before you place a bet. Even more so if you end up betting the game in real life, too. Most have been in both positions, I assume.

Someone I know - let's call him "Rich" - is at -5530. He wants to know if he's out or if that special bonus was awarded. Can someone let me know so I can share this information with this "Rich" fella?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Hello fellow degenerates,

I'm not ducking my duty to be degenerate, I've just been busy the past couple of days and couldn't handicap the games properly*. I should be able to make bets on Saturday, though.

* Everyone probably knows this, but when you're down in the standings, you're just going to quickly click thru and bet on some games, hoping to go on a winning streak. When you're up in the standings as I am, you might spend like 10-15 minutes researching a game before you place a bet. Even more so if you end up betting the game in real life, too. Most have been in both positions, I assume.
    I don't think anyone is questioning your picking volume. It's pretty impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Someone I know - let's call him "Rich" - is at -5530. He wants to know if he's out or if that special bonus was awarded. Can someone let me know so I can share this information with this "Rich" fella?
    The holiday gift means that you can go to -7000 before you are out. So this Rich fellow, whoever he is, still has 1470 of room to make wagers.

Note, if Rich wants to make more than 1470 in wagers he can, but once he has lost more than 7000 at the end of a day, Rich's game will be over. So, on Saturday, Rich could chose to make several thousand units worth of wagers... he would just need to be sure he was at worst at -6999 at the end of the day.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

"Alas, poor Yorick. I knew him" Actually I am him. From the top to the bottom, I bid adieu. Wait till next year !

I am going with four favorites to cover:

Virginia Tech (-4) vs Syracuse
    Pitt (-3.5) vs Carolina
    FSU (-6) at Miami
    Duke (-7.5) vs Louisville

My normal objective in this contest is a Top 3 finish but I am currently sitting in 25th place at -2600. There is a steep climb in front of me with getting back into the Black the first order of business.
    Bob Green

My picks are largely similar to Bob, which probably means to pick the other way.

But I did do something different. I took Louisville getting 9 points. 9 just seems like a lot for a good team. I could definitely see this game being one where Duke just barely holds Louisville at arms length throughout the second half and wins by 5 or 6. I could also see a pissed off Duke beating the snot out of Louisville and if that happens I will just have to live with a small cyber-bucks loss

I also took Clemson to cover the 6.5 at NC State because it appears the Tigers own the Triangle.

-Jason "loving the 138.5 over in the Duke-Louisville game... have a hard time seeing this game played in the 60s" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Got four bets on the books today. I gotta start taking some chances if I'm ever going to catch troublemaker.

Took UVA -4.5 and under 118.

I’ve got 2,000 FMUs riding on four games today:

1. Miami at Carolina Under 146.5
    2. Clemson at Louisville Over 127.5
    3. NC State (-1) to cover at Georgia Tech
    4. Virginia Tech (-3.5) to cover at Boston College
    Bob Green

I went down in flames, in the hole for 8300 FMU’s. I can’t bet no more.

Good luck y’all!

I’m -4,400 which is no surprise considering I make stupid choices such as betting on N.C. State and Virginia Tech to cover. They didn’t cover, in fact they lost straight up.

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!
    Bob Green

I'm on life support. I need FSU to win and cover or else I'm a goner.
    Rich

I'm on life support. I need FSU to win and cover or else I'm a goner.
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Rich has left the building.
    Rich

Quote Originally Posted by du_bb1 View Post
    "Alas, poor Yorick. I knew him" Actually I am him. From the top to the bottom, I bid adieu. Wait till next year !
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I went down in flames, in the hole for 8300 FMU’s. I can’t bet no more.

Good luck y’all!
    Ladies and Gentlemen, Rich has left the building.
    To all the recently disqualified (and I may be missing someone), see you in the NCAA tourney contest, my degenerate brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    To all the recently disqualified (and I may be missing someone), see you in the NCAA tourney contest, my degenerate brothers.
    I've been treading water at about -3500 (plus or minus 500) for about three weeks now... and I have gone from 31st place up to 25th. That's just sad.

-Jason "I'm going to start looking at what everyone else is picking and then do the opposite. Like Bob, I got hammer by VT and NCSt yesterday in what I thought were near sure-things" Evans