Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Deservedly in 24th place in the my first season-long degenerates contest. Down but not out - even under the original rules. So, OK. I suck, but at least I'm not kicked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Yours truly being so dominant rendered the ACC tournament cancelation meaningless.

At least as far as figuring out who #1 in this competition is.

Was fun while it lasted, folks. Wash your hands.
    Congrats Trouble!!

You are so good and sharp. Next year in Vegas I'm definitely piggybacking on your picks.

I'm proud of myself that this is the first Degenerate contest I haven't busted out of (and busted out first). I understand that is because I was too busy working to bet most of the games this year. But I only lost a respectable Vegas bankroll of fake money playing which is a win.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Congrats Trouble!!

You are so good and sharp. Next year in Vegas I'm definitely piggybacking on your picks.

I'm proud of myself that this is the first Degenerate contest I haven't busted out of (and busted out first). I understand that is because I was too busy working to bet most of the games this year. But I only lost a respectable Vegas bankroll of fake money playing which is a win.
    Richard, thank you, my friend!

You are a true gentleman, and also too modest. If my opinion means anything, I really do think you're getting better at this.

Hmmm, lots of degenerate competitors, but very few congratulations like yours. I get it. I'm the only 3-time champ of this competition. Y'all hate me cuz you ain't me!

Smile

Richard, thank you, my friend!

You are a true gentleman, and also too modest. If my opinion means anything, I really do think you're getting better at this.

Hmmm, lots of degenerate competitors, but very few congratulations like yours. I get it. I'm the only 3-time champ of this competition. Y'all hate me cuz you ain't me!
    @Troublemaker: Everybody loves you because of your modesty.

Y'all hate me cuz you ain't me!
    It's more like awe, really. You don't congratulate someone for taking candy from us babies. We're not worthy.

The suddenness of the insanity of COVID in March meant that I do not think I checked this board from the announcement of the NCAAs being cancelled until yesterday (I'm a summer camp director...and while "cancelling" a summer in theory means an easier year, in practice it actually means the hardest summer of your life).

I checked the standings, and I'm proud of my 8th place finish. I'm especially proud of the fact that I did it on 43 bets (instead of just none). This is the second highest I've ever finished.

Also - looking over the results, and the fact that only 7 folks walked away with fake internet money, and 25 people lost some (or a lot!) really shows me just how rough sports gambling can be.

Who's ready to run this back for another season?

Season starts on Wednesday with 11 games involving ACC teams!

Who's ready to run this back for another season?

Season starts on Wednesday with 11 games involving ACC teams!
    Bump. Paging Jason Evans... The lines will be out Tuesday night. Will we have a league by then?