Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    There are two common opponents Virginia and Virginia Tech. Duke best Virginia Tech by 35 while ND beat them by 1. ND best Virginia by 15 while Duke lost by 34.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    There are two common opponents Virginia and Virginia Tech. Duke best Virginia Tech by 35 while ND beat them by 1. ND best Virginia by 15 while Duke lost by 34.
    Sooo, should we win by 34 or lose by 49?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post

Somewhere in there.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post

Yes.
    Bob Green

Jim Sumner article is up on the front page:

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...mpression=true

Money quote:

Cutcliffe says Duke has concentrated on offensive precision.
    Bob Green

I like us coming off a bye:

2019: Beat Virginia Tech, ?
    2018: Beat Georgia Tech
    2017: Loss to Army
    2016: Loss to Georgia Tech
    2015: Beat Virginia Tech
    2014: Beat Georgia Tech, Beat Pittsburgh
    2013: Beat Navy, Beat N.C. State
    2012: Loss to Georgia Tech

Starting with the first bowl eligible season under Coach Cutcliffe, Duke is 7-3 after a bye.
    Bob Green

Watch Cut's press conference here: https://goduke.com/sports/football

For those who have managed to forget how far Duke football has come, I'm sure I'm not the only person who read this article hoping to find no mention of Duke AND pleasantly surprised to see us relegated to honorable mention status.

Cumberland College's legendary loss highlights the CFB 150 All-Time Bottom 10 https://es.pn/2JRywuo

Cut has carried us futher than many of us thought possible. How many of you would be shocked if we won this weekend?

me. Defense will keep us in the game only so long. ND is far from a great team...but our offense is broken and can't get up.
    And as much as I admire Cutcliffe, "precision" is hardly our offensive problem. We are number 129 out of 130 FBS teams in terms of explosive plays, as in we don't have any.
    Our wide receivers are the 110th most productive...We either can't, or choose not to, throw the ball downfield.
    Hope I'm surprised this weekend, I'll be there with my second warmest coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    For those who have managed to forget how far Duke football has come, I'm sure I'm not the only person who read this article hoping to find no mention of Duke AND pleasantly surprised to see us relegated to honorable mention status.

Cumberland College's legendary loss highlights the CFB 150 All-Time Bottom 10 https://es.pn/2JRywuo

Cut has carried us futher than many of us thought possible. How many of you would be shocked if we won this weekend?
    All true. Also true is that Clawson is now ahead of Cut at WF, or an argument could be made on that...and Baylor has risen from the ashes and passed us by rapidly. (keeping with the private school thing) - not to mention SMU.

I mean, I love Cut, but I am getting over the "has carried us further" argument. Maybe it's a "get off my lawn" moment for me...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    All true. Also true is that Clawson is now ahead of Cut at WF, or an argument could be made on that...and Baylor has risen from the ashes and passed us by rapidly. (keeping with the private school thing) - not to mention SMU.

I mean, I love Cut, but I am getting over the "has carried us further" argument. Maybe it's a "get off my lawn" moment for me...
    You are not alone. The "we used to be pitiful" excuse goes only so far. We've been in a backward slide for several years now, our conference record in that stretch has been WAY below .500.
    Cut's a fine man and has (with robust help from the administration) breathed life into the program. That's a great thing for which we're all grateful. But we are on a downward trajectory that needs fixing, or Cut's oft stated goal of "competing for championships" will ring awfully hollow.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ...but our offense is broken and can't get up.
    We are number 129 out of 130 FBS teams in terms of explosive plays, as in we don't have any.
    Our wide receivers are the 110th most productive...We either can't, or choose not to, throw the ball downfield.
    Budwom is spot on!

The offense absolutely must successfully throw the ball downfield if we are to have any chance to win. I’ll be in Wallace wade full of optimism at kickoff hoping to see our Blue Devils open up the offense and fight for 60 minutes.

Once (if) we complete a pass or two downfield, Notre Dame will have to back a safety out of the box which will open up the running game and underneath stuff. Be assured Notre Dame will start the game playing press coverage outside with the box loaded.

There is absolutely no reason to take a conservative offensive approach. Let’s come out swinging and if we go down at least we go down swinging.
    Bob Green

The weather forecast has moderated to typical January: 52/32 0% rain.

Uniform for Saturday - blue top and pants, white helmet w/ script Duke, white shoes.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Uniform for Saturday - blue top and pants, white helmet w/ script Duke, white shoes.
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1192456676558827520
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Winning combination, I hope.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Wonderful highlights from our win in South Bend.

https://twitter.com/DukeFOOTBALL/sta...73711892635648
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Thanks for the link. It's better than the ACC Network highlight I have on my pregame Youtube list, but ACCN is more permanent and easier to access.

As much as the ND fans are supposed to be nice to visitors, that doesn't hold 100% when they lose to Duke football. (I also can't say the same for all Duke fans when ND won in Cameron earlier that year.)