Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil16 View Post
    Lack of depth at the 5 will be this teams downfall.
    So, a few minutes into the first exhibition game and we're doomed already? Got it. Thx.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Here is the live stats boxscore: http://duke.sidearmsports.com/sidear...dual;team=home

Carey and Delaurier with 8 turnovers combined so far. Not optimal for big men playing against dudes 3-5 inches shorter than them.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

JGold with great D, forcing TOs. We look...like it's the first game of the season? Rusty isn't the right word but it's kinda like that

26–19 with a few mins to go in 1H. Goldwire making a lot of D plays these past few mins. No sign of Baker.

NW Missouri Public Radio broadcast: https://streamdb9web.securenetsystem...rusencore/KXCV

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldBattleship View Post
    I'll just join in the general sense of irritation with the entire ACC Network/ESPN/cable company schema. Thought I was good to go with these, but something apparently went wrong somewhere in the byzantine relationships between those three frustrating entities, so no basketball to salve the wound left by that football game.

I'm seeing from the box scores that we're off to a poor shooting performance from deep so far. Anyone watching able to say if that just looks like jitters or a worrying continuation of the trend from the Countdown?
    The streaming channel situation is totally messed up. I signed up for Sling to get the ACC network and ACCNx...this game isn't on it - BUT I found it on the ESPN app which I set up using my Sling credentials. I also have Hulu for a 7 day trial to watch the World Series and it has the ACC Network but *not* ACCNx so it doesn't carry it.

Weirdly when I went to watch the football game and selected it on the ACC Network, rather than telling me it was blacked out in my area (which I expected) it *redirected* me to some Fox Sports affiliate which I didn't know I had. Progress! The Aristocrats!

Focusing on the D was the key to taking the lead. It is definitely going to take some time to figure out this rotation, but I’d say playing good D seems like the way to get tick at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by bedeviled View Post
    NW Missouri Public Radio broadcast: https://streamdb9web.securenetsystem...rusencore/KXCV
    Thanks

Lack of depth at the 5 will be this teams downfall.
    The same person who thinks Cutcliffe’s job should be on the line. Why does the negativity not surprise me?

We’re a little challenged at the end where you score tonight; Half court offense nearly non existent; the wrong person shooting often.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Focusing on the D was the key to taking the lead. It is definitely going to take some time to figure out this rotation, but I’d say playing good D seems like the way to get tick at this point.
    Seems like we’re going to have a lot of “offense/defense” choices between guys like Hurt and O’Connell vs Moore/Goldwire/Stanley.

Defensively going small really helped, but going 5 around the perimeter on offense with that lineup made no sense given that there was so little shooting respect that the spacing did nothing to open up the lane. Might as well send some of those bodies inside to try and rebound.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Goldwire with some really nice defense and a good transition pass. Missed two freebies though.

Robinson hit a 3 and had a block but hasn't been seen since.

Carey had a couple of screening fouls and turnovers.

The upperclassmen have missed 3's and at the rim.

Coach K looks angry and frustrated.

Team is looking for an identity and struggling with a more experienced team.

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    Goldwire with some really nice defense and a good transition pass. Missed two freebies though.

Robinson hit a 3 and had a block but hasn't been seen since.

Carey had a couple of screening fouls and turnovers.

The upperclassmen have missed 3's and at the rim.

Coach K looks angry and frustrated.

Team is looking for an identity and struggling with a more experienced team.
    This team will frustrate all of us many times during the season. But there is talent there. Just need to learn how to play together.

Any idea why Vernon Carey hasn't seen the court since the start of the first half?

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    So, a few minutes into the first exhibition game and we're doomed already? Got it. Thx.
    I mean it goes Carey, Javin, and then playing White or Hurt out of position. Given foul trouble / injuries, not sure how you’re not at all concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Coballs View Post
    Any idea why Vernon Carey hasn't seen the court since the start of the first half?
    5 TOs do not help your case. Moore needs to stop shooting threes.

What recruits are at the game? Looked to be a few behind K.

Quote Originally Posted by devilsadvocate85 View Post
    The same person who thinks Cutcliffe’s job should be on the line. Why does the negativity not surprise me?
    Carey is a freshman and Javin has proven that he can’t go a few minutes without fouling. Not sure why you’d be optimistic about the big man situation.

What recruits are at the game? Looked to be a few behind K.
    Jalen Johnson and Mark Williams

Quote Originally Posted by bedeviled View Post
    Absolute lifesaver here! Thanks!