Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 51 of 51
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    M Night did evil elevators in 2010
    I think this is one is about decent, god fearing elevators manipulated by an evil person or persons.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    It may never be a movie, but I'm about to read Linwood Barclay's new book Elevator Pitch in which people enter elevators in Manhattan and many bad things happen...who doesn't love elevator terror? Right up my alley.
    I recall the joyous moment when I turned in my last paper in grad school, prepared to celebrate at length, and got stuck with two pals in an elevator for a couple of hours before they could pry us loose.
    Did all 3 of you make it out or did you have to resort to cannibalism? How do we know this is THE budwom and not one of budwom's sated pals?!? I

    think I'd only last 60 minutes or so before going cannibal in such a situation...

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Did all 3 of you make it out or did you have to resort to cannibalism? How do we know this is THE budwom and not one of budwom's sated pals?!? I

    think I'd only last 60 minutes or so before going cannibal in such a situation...
    at one point they offered to let us step across the shaft onto the adjacent elevator...we passed on that...one of the guys with me happened to be a young billionaire, so somehow I felt he could magically summon the Swiss Guard or something to save us (this was well before cell phones)...it was not very pleasant, but the elevator was sizeable, which helped...

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Did all 3 of you make it out or did you have to resort to cannibalism? How do we know this is THE budwom and not one of budwom's sated pals?!? I

    think I'd only last 60 minutes or so before going cannibal in such a situation...
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    at one point they offered to let us step across the shaft onto the adjacent elevator...we passed on that...one of the guys with me happened to be a young billionaire, so somehow I felt he could magically summon the Swiss Guard or something to save us (this was well before cell phones)...it was not very pleasant, but the elevator was sizeable, which helped...
    Reminds me of this little "stuck in the elevator" gem -- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-elevator.html
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Duke's offense: play-calling and execution

    idea/thought from fuse, not my original
    Guess this post has potential for week to week reusability. 😢

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Duke's offense: play-calling and execution

    idea/thought from fuse, not my original
    Sorry, but I found it too predictable to really surprise/shock me. And the sequel(s) just seem to be rehashing the same script.

  7. #47

    One more film for consideration

    I would have to put The Exorcist at the top, with (original) Alien not too far behind.

    Honorable mention, on my part, has to go to "Wait Until Dark." Trailer

    (I saw this movie years ago in Orange County, and there is one scene where everyone in the theater elevated about a foot. )

    k

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimist View Post
    I would have to put The Exorcist at the top, with (original) Alien not too far behind.

    Honorable mention, on my part, has to go to "Wait Until Dark." Trailer

    (I saw this movie years ago in Orange County, and there is one scene where everyone in the theater elevated about a foot. )

    k
    I might have to watch it to see why a blind woman would light a match in the dark.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    raleigh
    Alien was the scariest movie i think i've ever seen....after that, prolly Exorcist, Jaws, and ....the first jeepers creepers...


    when i was very young, i saw two movies at a drive in Bloodfeast and 2000 maniacs that i remember were quite scary...watched them a few years ago and they weren't..
    "Either they're going down, or we are! Kirk out!"

  10. #50

    Match scene

    Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    I might have to watch it to see why a blind woman would light a match in the dark.
    Sarcasm aside, the scene makes perfectly good sense if you watch the movie.

    Helpful hint: The match has nothing to do with illumination.

    k

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    We did watch Midsommar. I like that the director (who I didn't realize until after viewing also did Hereditary) called it a break-up film. Uncanny that the director was also able to replicate my first time (I kid, I kid...). You're right, no real jump scares but the combination of the constant daylight and chipper Swedes really made what happened a very unsettling experience. I guess the director did a lot of study of different pagan practices and incorporated those into the film so they had some historical basis. Even the situation of the poor bloke in the chicken coop was based on some Viking practices, from what I understand.

    Interesting stuff.
    The “Blood Eagle”. It makes an appearance in the History channel show Vikings as well. I think there’s some debate around whether it was actually carried out or more of a legend. Either way...ouch.

    I saw Doctor Sleep over the weekend. It’s not super scary by any means. But I really liked it. Doesn’t come close to The Shining but few do. It’s better than It Chapter 2 but probably my not as good as Chapter 1. Mike Flanagan is on a roll though. Haunting of Hill House, Gerald’s Game, Hush, etc.

Similar Threads

  1. Scary Movies!
    By Devilwin in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 10-05-2017, 04:45 PM
  2. Scary Scary dream
    By trinity92 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-12-2008, 11:15 AM
  3. What are some of your favorite 80's Movies?
    By 2535Miles in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 04:29 PM
  4. Favorite B-Movies
    By 2535Miles in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 07:40 PM
  5. Favorite Movies!??!
    By dukemomLA in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 10:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •