Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Becoming a citizen!

I just wanted to share my excitement! My application was approved and I take the oath of allegiance on Wednesday morning! It's been a long road (I first came to the US 2 decades ago) but it's nearly done!

U S A! U S A!
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevil View Post
    I just wanted to share my excitement! My application was approved and I take the oath of allegiance on Wednesday morning! It's been a long road (I first came to the US 2 decades ago) but it's nearly done!

U S A! U S A!
    Congrats! And: Welcome (to the asylum)!

-jk

U S A! U S A!
    Thank you for sharing your good news!!! Congratulations, I think the USA just got a little better...

U S A! U S A!
    Great news, congratulations!

U S A! U S A!
    Congratulations. Welcome aboard. It is the greatest!

That's great news. My wife completed the process last year and I'm proud to say it was something she wanted as I never pushed her to do it.

Fabulous news! Have one of these if you're inclined:

https://forums.dukebasketballreport...?3840-Ymm-Beer

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

U S A! U S A!
    Congrats! I attended my then girlfriend, now wife's ceremony* in the US Capitol back when we were living in DC. Was a really fun time and former US representative Joseph Cao did the swearing in. He was the first Vietnamese-born U.S. representative and gave a very stirring talk on what his citizenship meant to him.

*Her citizenship and our marriage are two separate events, just to be clear!

U S A! U S A!
    Congrats!!

One of the coolest posts I've read in a while. It put a smile on my face. Your story is America's story.

U S A! U S A!
    Congratulations!

Awesome! Strong work.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Congratulations!!!
    Bob Green

Proud of you! Well done indeed!

God Bless America, brother!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I've been through this with my wife and my mother-in-law over the past decade, so I know it feels good to have all that behind you. Congrats!

I don't want this falling of the page without extending my welcome and congratulations! As a former expat I understand the change in culture and, importantly, expectation. Its an incredible effort to commit to something life-changing like this.

Glad you are part of the team!

Congrats! 'Merica!

Glad to have you on the team

Congrats!

I appreciate all the love and congrats everyone! Just wanted to say I had my naturalization ceremony the other day and I am officially an American! I definitely got teary eyed during my first ever pledge of allegiance and Star Spangled Banner!

Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

U S A! U S A!
    Great news, welcome!

U S A! U S A!
    From what land did you come may I ask (as the son of an immigrant)?