Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Ahhh, how I pine for the days when I could just fork over $10 to GoDuke to watch CTC and 2 exhibitions if only the NeuLion stream would be functional.

I can't believe how much an improvement that would be.

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    My YouTube TV automatically records all live Duke Basketball and Football games, and for the reason you state. I usually check to make sure, but there it is. The coolest part is that YouTube TV doesn't miss the end of games if they go past the time set aside for them on the schedule. I have the Premier League checked, so all the live games available on YouTube TV are automatically recorded. Ditto for the UEFA Champions League, 'Canes hockey, etc.

On topic, though, CTC won't be recorded because ACCNX isn't part of the lineup.
    Wow, that was difficult. In order to access ACCNX, using my YouTube TV subscription, I had to

Download the ESPN app to my phone

Log into my ESPN account (didn't know I had one, suspect it was a relic of years ago) and hit the "need help signing in" button

Get the code emailed to me and enter it to log into account

Use change password function to enter a new password that I actually know (tried this on computer, but unlike phone, that required knowing my old forgotten password)

Once logged in, hit the "Watch" button, went to "Replays" and went back to a prior ACCNX event (I used the Louisville-WFU football game last Saturday) and clicked on it. It then directed me to a login page where you chose your cable/streaming TV provider and logged in using my YouTube TV login (which is my Google account). That allowed me to watch the LV-WFU replay and I am hoping that will allow me to watch CTC.

They don't make this easy...

Quote Originally Posted by clinresga View Post
    Wow, that was difficult. In order to access ACCNX, using my YouTube TV subscription, I had to

Download the ESPN app to my phone

Log into my ESPN account (didn't know I had one, suspect it was a relic of years ago) and hit the "need help signing in" button

Get the code emailed to me and enter it to log into account

Use change password function to enter a new password that I actually know (tried this on computer, but unlike phone, that required knowing my old forgotten password)

Once logged in, hit the "Watch" button, went to "Replays" and went back to a prior ACCNX event (I used the Louisville-WFU football game last Saturday) and clicked on it. It then directed me to a login page where you chose your cable/streaming TV provider and logged in using my YouTube TV login (which is my Google account). That allowed me to watch the LV-WFU replay and I am hoping that will allow me to watch CTC.

They don't make this easy...
    In two days you should receive a urine specimen bottle in the mail. Be sure to fill it up to the line and mail it back in. You should be good to go after that.

Ok, so if you go to the main ESPN page, click on "Watch" and then "Schedule and Replays," you get a general programming guide. Filter by ACCNX, click "Upcoming" and select Friday, and C2C does appear.

Similarly if you click on "Replay" (in place of "Upcoming") and select a date in the past, there a list of past events that are archived. If you click on it to view, then it asks for your provider credentials. So, my hope is that we'll be able to watch a replay of C2C after it airs by using this Replay feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Ahhh, how I pine for the days when I could just fork over $10 to GoDuke to watch CTC and 2 exhibitions if only the NeuLion stream would be functional.

I can't believe how much an improvement that would be.
    Did GoDuke stop streaming the CTC and the 2 exhibitions this year?

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Did GoDuke stop streaming the CTC and the 2 exhibitions this year?
    ESPN controls all those rights now so it goes through one of their platforms, in this case ACCNX.

I know that some men's basketball only fans preferred when schools still controlled their own third-tier rights. As a multisport fan, ESPN controlling all rights is better because we can watch the other sports for no added cost when they play road conference games. Before, those schools could charge for those events or not offer a video feed at all.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Ok, so if you go to the main ESPN page, click on "Watch" and then "Schedule and Replays," you get a general programming guide. Filter by ACCNX, click "Upcoming" and select Friday, and C2C does appear.

Similarly if you click on "Replay" (in place of "Upcoming") and select a date in the past, there a list of past events that are archived. If you click on it to view, then it asks for your provider credentials. So, my hope is that we'll be able to watch a replay of C2C after it airs by using this Replay feature.
    Wow, this is very helpful. In the name of clarity, I will continue to be a PITA. Two problems: I could not begin with ESPN, but had to start with ESPN+, so i guess that $$ will be involved. That is OK. Second, all it really tells me is that on Friday at 7, CTC will be on ACCNX. However, I know (from past experience) that I need to go to streaming ESPN+. I can do that. So, I should be all set. I thank one and all for bringing clarity to the murk. Still, it seems like a lot of folderol for something that should be simple. Now where is that rabbit ears antenna? I accept that we have come a long ways from 10" TVs in black and white with 4 stations, and I am grateful for that progress, but the man-machine interface still needs a lot of work. Again, I say thank you.
    This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
    No trees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Wow, this is very helpful. In the name of clarity, I will continue to be a PITA. Two problems: I could not begin with ESPN, but had to start with ESPN+, so i guess that $$ will be involved. That is OK. Second, all it really tells me is that on Friday at 7, CTC will be on ACCNX. However, I know (from past experience) that I need to go to streaming ESPN+. I can do that. So, I should be all set. I thank one and all for bringing clarity to the murk. Still, it seems like a lot of folderol for something that should be simple. Now where is that rabbit ears antenna? I accept that we have come a long ways from 10" TVs in black and white with 4 stations, and I am grateful for that progress, but the man-machine interface still needs a lot of work. Again, I say thank you.
    I agree that this is very confusing and not very user-friendly. But I don't think an ESPN+ subscription is required to access ACCNX but rather a pay TV subscription (ie. Cable) that includes the ACC network. Some cable services have not worked out a deal with ACC Network from what I understand.

FWIW, I watched "The Class that Saved Coach K" on ACCNX last night which I highly recommend to all who haven't seen it.

RichardRichard

Quote Originally Posted by rckeat View Post
    I agree that this is very confusing and not very user-friendly. But I don't think an ESPN+ subscription is required to access ACCNX but rather a pay TV subscription (ie. Cable) that includes the ACC network. Some cable services have not worked out a deal with ACC Network from what I understand.

FWIW, I watched "The Class that Saved Coach K" on ACCNX last night which I highly recommend to all who haven't seen it.

RichardRichard
    You, sir, are right. I looked again, and CTC is listed under both ESPN and ESPN+. Maybe someone will produce a "Guide to Understanding ESPN!"
    This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.

ESPN has always been confusing as heck. At first they differentiated between customers who had cable TV subscription versus customers who had streaming only. And some TV providers could provide access to ESPN online, but not others. ESPN3 has been a whole separate thing that has generated tons of confusion. Then there’s ESPNU which only some people get.

You would think they would find a way to simplify things. I know they’re running a business and want to maximize their profits, but they seem to put little priority on user experience.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    ESPN has always been confusing as heck. At first they differentiated between customers who had cable TV subscription versus customers who had streaming only. And some TV providers could provide access to ESPN online, but not others. ESPN3 has been a whole separate thing that has generated tons of confusion. Then there’s ESPNU which only some people get.

You would think they would find a way to simplify things. I know they’re running a business and want to maximize their profits, but they seem to put little priority on user experience.
    It is easy to fall into the K-Mart trap -- you are King of the Hill, and expect to remain so. But wait - there is little old Sam Walton hiding in the bushes, who will end up putting you out of business. Lots of stories like that, but the problem never comes from where you expect it. But if you take care of your customers you make it harder for whatever may be lurking.

On DukeMBB instagram, they posted the Blue / White teams. White team looks suspiciously like it could be the starting lineup as of right now.

Cool

On DukeMBB instagram, they posted the Blue / White teams. White team looks suspiciously like it could be the starting lineup as of right now.

Mickie will be very happy that her grandson is starting!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

dear DBR brain trust,

I signed up for ESPN+ and can watch that content w/o problem. I am an ATT Uverse subscriber for TV and internet. I can get the ACCN on my TV.

however I'm unable to access ACCNX content using the ESPN App through Apple TV or through watchESPN.com

I get this message:

ACCN and ACCNX are currently unavailable within the ESPN App. ...Our team is working diligently...In the meantime, you can enjoy ACCN on your TV. Contact your TV provider for local channel listings.

Anyone got any ideas?

Hard to believe Carey won't start

Quote Originally Posted by hsheffield View Post
    I signed up for ESPN+ and can watch that content w/o problem. I am an ATT Uverse subscriber for TV and internet. I can get the ACCN on my TV.

however I'm unable to access ACCNX content using the ESPN App through Apple TV or through watchESPN.com

I get this message:

ACCN and ACCNX are currently unavailable within the ESPN App. ...Our team is working diligently...In the meantime, you can enjoy ACCN on your TV. Contact your TV provider for local channel listings.

Anyone got any ideas?
    I also have Uverse and have the exact same thing happening within the ESPN App. I think the issue is on the Uverse side, because I've had issues all over the place in the last couple weeks trying to get my Uverse credentials to unlock content. If you have time, I'd try calling the ATT tech support line and see if there's anything they can do. That worked for me when none of the third party apps and websites were working for me. Good luck!

(There's also a chance that there's nothing they can or will do. I've seen rumors on various threads that ATT is purposely and/or letting slide these third party issues due to various disputes, content fees, etc. It might be the case that ATT and ESPN just do not have an agreement for ACCNX to work with Uverse credentials.)

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Hard to believe Carey won't start
    I agree. I went to C2C last year, and it seemed to me the teams were an attempt to spread the talent out evenly, to ensure a balanced, competitive game. Tre and Zion were on one team, RJ and Cam on the other. FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    I agree. I went to C2C last year, and it seemed to me the teams were an attempt to spread the talent out evenly, to ensure a balanced, competitive game. Tre and Zion were on one team, RJ and Cam on the other. FWIW.
    Doesn't look like that's the case this year, based on the rosters above. Unless Joey and Cassius are WAY better than people have been giving them credit for.

They're clearly spreading out the veterans and freshmen evenly between two teams.

Vernon + Cassius vs Hurt + Moore
    Jack White + Goldwire + White vs Tre + Javin + AOC.

Don't read too much into it.

Quote Originally Posted by hsheffield View Post

I get this message:

Anyone got any ideas?
    You need to immediately sign up for the 5-day free trial of YoutubeTV* and use that to log in to ESPN instead of your Uverse credentials.

You'll know you have ACCN access if you can watch other ACCN videos, live or replay.

* Note: it doesn't have to be YoutubeTV but that's one that has been confirmed to work in this thread. Something similar (like Playstation Vue) could also work. Something with a free trial and you can cancel a few days later.