Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Viewing C2C on ACCNX

So for once, I am trying to get ahead of the game and figure out how to watch Countdown to Craziness this Friday. I have access to the ACC Network through my cable provider, and can see other ACCNX content lineup available for this Friday night. But I dont see C2C as something that will be on ACCNX.

The official schedule lists ACCNX as where it will be available for viewing. If someone figures this out in the meantime, please post how you found it. I will do the same if I figure it out on my own.

Richard

I thought I read where it's only available on ESPN+ ($5/mo) but I'll see if I can track down where I read that.

(edit) That article was from last year. Move along. Nothing to see here...
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

On a related, sort of, note. Anyone else here have Youtube TV? How can I check to see what is showing in a day, or two, or three? Is there no option for this?
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    On a related, sort of, note. Anyone else here have Youtube TV? How can I check to see what is showing in a day, or two, or three? Is there no option for this?
    A regular TV guide?

ESPN+ never worked very well for me. Half the time I could not even log in. I gave up on it and unsubscribed. There are other, better alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    ESPN+ never worked very well for me. Half the time I could not even log in. I gave up on it and unsubscribed. There are other, better alternatives.
    For content only shown on ESPN+, there are no other alternatives. Hopefully that won’t be the case for many of our games.

So here is what I have learned from my research

- Countdown to Craziness and the first 2 exhibition games are listed on GoDuke.com as being available on ACCNX

- ACCN = the ACC network which is available on television from many cable TV providers

- ACCNX = the ACC Network Extra which is only available online.

- Both are owned and operated by ESPN. ACCNX is only available on the ESPN App and will only be available to subscribers with access to ACCN through their pay TV providers.

- If you press the "Watch" button in the app and scroll down to the bottom, you can select "Channels" and find ACCNX. You can locate ACCNX available content there.

- this is where I run into trouble. I can see some upcoming ACCNX content available there but not C2C.

If anybody learns anything to help in the search, please respond.

Richard

Would the all replays be on goduke.com like last year?

Here is the best way to search:

https://www.espn.com/watch/search/duke

Countdown is not up yet.

Note that there is an ACC Traditions: Duke on ACCN tomorrow at 9p.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by rckeat View Post
    - ACCNX is only available on the ESPN App and will only be available to subscribers with access to ACCN through their pay TV providers.
    This is a constant source of confusion for me. If I have access to ACCN through a streaming-only site, such as Sling, YouTube TV, or Hulu, does that count as having a "TV subscription"? In the past ESPN has distinguished between the two (cable subscriber versus digital subscriber), but recently it seems like they do not.

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    Would the all replays be on goduke.com like last year?
    They're usually posted on YouTube pretty quickly, both through official channels and non-official. You might miss the potato chip sorting, but the player intros and the scrimmage will be there.

- Countdown to Craziness and the first 2 exhibition games are listed on GoDuke.com as being available on ACCNX

- ACCN = the ACC network which is available on television from many cable TV providers

- ACCNX = the ACC Network Extra which is only available online.

- Both are owned and operated by ESPN. ACCNX is only available on the ESPN App and will only be available to subscribers with access to ACCN through their pay TV providers.

- If you press the "Watch" button in the app and scroll down to the bottom, you can select "Channels" and find ACCNX. You can locate ACCNX available content there.

- this is where I run into trouble. I can see some upcoming ACCNX content available there but not C2C.

If anybody learns anything to help in the search, please respond.

Richard
    So if I use someone's cable subscription log-in on my Roku will I have access to all the ACCN? I'm fairly certain they havent paid any extra, just basic ESPN and ESPN2 cable subscription.

From what I have been able to see from my cable tv provider (Cox), the ACCN is available as part of my package. There was no additional cost to me for accessing it.

As a result, I can access ACCN and the ACCNX content through the ESPN app or at ESPN.com. I had to indicate in the app (or at espn.com) who my cable TV provider is, and provide a login ID and password for that provider. Then I was able to access both ESPN and ACCN content on the app, and ACCNX content on the app.

I still dont see C2C as an upcoming event which seems problematic since there are other upcoming Duke events that will be aired on ACCNX that are visible for the same date as C2C. That doesn't make sense to me.

Richard

I am a directv customer. I have been able to access everything on ACC network extra.

Just checked watchespn.com. Here's what it shows for Friday:

7:00 PM
    Duke's Countdown to Craziness (M Basketball)
    accextra

between the (M Basketball) an accextra there is a locked padlock. It shows that for EVERYTHING on ACC Network extra. Was able to access replay of ga tech-miami fb game on laptop. So it would APPEAR CTC will be available for directv subscribers.
    Last edited by WiJoe; 10-16-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    I've been using Youtube TV as my streaming service for almost the past year. One of the frustrating parts of the service is that the "schedule" of upcoming shows only covers the next 4 or 5 hours. So, if you want to record a particular show or event more than a few hours in advance (or search for an upcoming event), it is not that easy to do. The only way to do so (as far as I know) is to use the search function and then it will pull up future events. For example, I searched last night for "Duke football", and it pulled up the Duke/Virginia telecast on Saturday. I was then able to tell the program to record the game.

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    I've been using Youtube TV as my streaming service for almost the past year. One of the frustrating parts of the service is that the "schedule" of upcoming shows only covers the next 4 or 5 hours. So, if you want to record a particular show or event more than a few hours in advance (or search for an upcoming event), it is not that easy to do. The only way to do so (as far as I know) is to use the search function and then it will pull up future events. For example, I searched last night for "Duke football", and it pulled up the Duke/Virginia telecast on Saturday. I was then able to tell the program to record the game.
    I used YouTube TV for a while. You can tell it you're interested in a particular team, and it will record all games they're involved in. You will end up with some replays and such, but, you have unlimited storage, so who cares. The one issue I did have was with tournaments. Because they don't know in advance who will be playing at what time, they can't put that information in the guide. As a result, it doesn't know which game to record.

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    I am a directv customer. I have been able to access everything on ACC network extra.

Just checked watchespn.com. Here's what it shows for Friday:

7:00 PM
    Duke's Countdown to Craziness (M Basketball)
    accextra

between the (M Basketball) an accextra there is a locked padlock. It shows that for EVERYTHING on ACC Network extra. Was able to access replay of ga tech-miami fb game on laptop. So it would APPEAR CTC will be available for directv subscribers.
    So I can now see C2C listed on the upcoming ACCNX events via the ESPN app. So I am all set at least. Good luck to everyone else and it is time to get pumped for Duke basketball.

RichardScreenshot 2019-10-16 at 7.46.07 PM.jpg

From what I have been able to see from my cable tv provider (Cox), the ACCN is available as part of my package. There was no additional cost to me for accessing it.

As a result, I can access ACCN and the ACCNX content through the ESPN app or at ESPN.com. I had to indicate in the app (or at espn.com) who my cable TV provider is, and provide a login ID and password for that provider. Then I was able to access both ESPN and ACCN content on the app, and ACCNX content on the app.

I still dont see C2C as an upcoming event which seems problematic since there are other upcoming Duke events that will be aired on ACCNX that are visible for the same date as C2C. That doesn't make sense to me.

Richard
    As someone who watches a lot of internet-only stuff on ESPN, I can confirm that they often do not list an event until scarily close to its start and sometimes post the wrong time as well. Someone on Duke's side probably brought it to their attention and then they added the event.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    This is a constant source of confusion for me. If I have access to ACCN through a streaming-only site, such as Sling, YouTube TV, or Hulu, does that count as having a "TV subscription"? In the past ESPN has distinguished between the two (cable subscriber versus digital subscriber), but recently it seems like they do not.
    Yes, it counts as a "TV subscription."
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by SlapTheFloor View Post
    I used YouTube TV for a while. You can tell it you're interested in a particular team, and it will record all games they're involved in. You will end up with some replays and such, but, you have unlimited storage, so who cares. The one issue I did have was with tournaments. Because they don't know in advance who will be playing at what time, they can't put that information in the guide. As a result, it doesn't know which game to record.
    My YouTube TV automatically records all live Duke Basketball and Football games, and for the reason you state. I usually check to make sure, but there it is. The coolest part is that YouTube TV doesn't miss the end of games if they go past the time set aside for them on the schedule. I have the Premier League checked, so all the live games available on YouTube TV are automatically recorded. Ditto for the UEFA Champions League, 'Canes hockey, etc.

On topic, though, CTC won't be recorded because ACCNX isn't part of the lineup.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    My YouTube TV automatically records all live Duke Basketball and Football games, and for the reason you state. I usually check to make sure, but there it is. The coolest part is that YouTube TV doesn't miss the end of games if they go past the time set aside for them on the schedule. I have the Premier League checked, so all the live games available on YouTube TV are automatically recorded. Ditto for the UEFA Champions League, 'Canes hockey, etc.

On topic, though, CTC won't be recorded because ACCNX isn't part of the lineup.
    I am frustrated. I am not stupid, and I know a fair amount about computers I want to watch CTC, but there is no straightforward answer about howe to do it. The answer is like an amoeba: It just puts out a new arm that wasn't there before. I think the ACC (ha, maybe just Duke) needs to put out some metastations, which, no matter what, are certain to carry the games. Then a Duke fan can look up his/or her metastations, and be guaranteed to see Duke games, regardless oo what channel is actuallly carrying them. Old duffers (such as me) can always find the game instantly. If the ACC staff cannot do this, hire staff who can.
    This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
    No trees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.