Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: Kyrie at duke

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by JamminJoe View Post
    Suggesting to K that Kyrie should’ve only played 20 mins in that game would’ve probably gotten a reaction like “Get the f*** out of here.”
    Okay, this thread has now officially gone well past the point of absurdity.
       

  2. #62
    Steven, I agree. The thread is absurd. My final point is just to quote what I believe to be the most concise statement over 4 pages that fully echoes my thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I absolutely loved watching Kyrie play.

    Giving a player crap after he fought back from a season-long injury to rejoin the team seems pretty low to me.

    YMMV.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Carolina Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    K was between a rock and a hard place. damned if he did, damned if he didn't...
    ^^^^^ This...

  4. #64
    I think it's clear that the optimal number of minutes for Kyrie to have played against Arizona would have been 28 minutes and 14 seconds. To suggest otherwise discredits Coach K and means you aren't a true Duke fan.
    Of course, my simulations suggest that even at this perfect balance point of 28:14, Duke still loses by 2 in OT.
       

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Steven, I agree. The thread is absurd. My final point is just to quote what I believe to be the most concise statement over 4 pages that fully echoes my thoughts.
    The premise is wrong. No one is giving Irving “crap”. I think many are just pointing out (as most did in the moment way back when) that he wasn’t fully ready to return from injury and four months of not playing basketball, the team needed more time to slowly integrate him back into the lineup, and he needed more time to get in basketball shape. That time wasn’t available, and we all saw the results. That’s all. There is no blame on Irving. He did his best.
       

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I think it's clear that the optimal number of minutes for Kyrie to have played against Arizona would have been 28 minutes and 14 seconds. To suggest otherwise discredits Coach K and means you aren't a true Duke fan.
    Of course, my simulations suggest that even at this perfect balance point of 28:14, Duke still loses by 2 in OT.
    Exactly
       

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    The premise is wrong. No one is giving Irving “crap”. I think many are just pointing out (as most did in the moment way back when) that he wasn’t fully ready to return from injury and four months of not playing basketball, the team needed more time to slowly integrate him back into the lineup, and he needed more time to get in basketball shape. That time wasn’t available, and we all saw the results. That’s all. There is no blame on Irving. He did his best.
    People blame Kyrie for not working well in Boston. They blame him for flat earth weirdness. I don't think most DBR posters fault him for the Arizona game.
       

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    People blame Kyrie for not working well in Boston. They blame him for flat earth weirdness. I don't think most DBR posters fault him for the Arizona game.
    Yet that is the very premise of the thread, and several have agreed with it. But thankfully it is not the majority of DBR posters.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC area
    This horse is skeletal...

    -jk

Similar Threads

  1. Kyrie Irving & Austin Rivers Duke Cards
    By NCDBlueDevilsTC78 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-04-2014, 05:29 PM
  2. Would Duke have really been a final 4 team had Kyrie not been hurt?
    By Class of '94 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 05:43 PM
  3. Duke basketball sweatshirt -- Kyrie?
    By theAlaskanBear in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2011, 11:05 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 05:42 AM
  5. Welcome to Duke Kyrie Irving!
    By BlueintheFace in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 461
    Last Post: 05-04-2010, 05:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •