Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    Yikes. What does your media friend say about Hamilton?
    Same...

BIG WEEKEND sweep

The Canes looked lost after the big Emergency Goalie Party...afterall, they did lose two goalies and another top Defenseman in about 20 minutes of ice time. Several poor outings followed, poor play and poor tending - but a huge win late against the Islanders and then a total third period rout of the Penguins on the road...they're back in this thing. The goalies looked good and the team played well in front of them, with confidence.

Gotta take care of business tonight in Dee-troit.

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    The Canes looked lost after the big Emergency Goalie Party...afterall, they did lose two goalies and another top Defenseman in about 20 minutes of ice time. Several poor outings followed, poor play and poor tending - but a huge win late against the Islanders and then a total third period rout of the Penguins on the road...they're back in this thing. The goalies looked good and the team played well in front of them, with confidence.

Gotta take care of business tonight in Dee-troit.
    Good 3rd period after a mediocre first 2. Geekie has been huge the last 2 games. Williams also. That disallowed goal was one of the prettiest plays you'll see.

Good 3rd period after a mediocre first 2. Geekie has been huge the last 2 games. Williams also. That disallowed goal was one of the prettiest plays you'll see.
    Agree with all of that 100%....3rd period, Geekster, and the disallowed goal. (offsides was the right call...hockey got better when they relaxed on that call a bit...a little more relaxing would help even more).

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Canes tied it up with Boston tonight in the first round.
    1-1 now, next outing is Saturday. Weird seeing no fans, but it's nice to see them playing and surviving.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Canes tied it up with Boston tonight in the first round.
    1-1 now, next outing is Saturday. Weird seeing no fans, but it's nice to see them playing and surviving.
    Really good game tonight. Should be a great series, and it IS weird seeing no fans, but it doesn't seem to influence the intensity of the players.

And I really don't like Brad Marchand.

Good win, on our last power play however we looked pathetic..Bruins kept the puck in our end the entire time..

Roddy got quite the fine for his honest comments about the (borderline?) incompetent officiating/NHL office in game 1, especially when the Blue Jackets coach, with apparently 11 prior fines, got no fine during the playoffs last year, one higher fine and another lower fine at another time for an expletive-filled tirade at the officials. Sorry, couldn't link the News and Observer article from this AM.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Good win, on our last power play however we looked pathetic..Bruins kept the puck in our end the entire time..
    That was awful. I kept trying to count to make sure that we were the team that really did have more guys on the ice.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

That was awful. I kept trying to count to make sure that we were the team that really did have more guys on the ice.
    Marchand pretty much single handedly made that happen. I don't care for him, but he's a really good player. There is still a bit of a learning curve for this young team and that was an example, but game 2 was huge for the confidence of Svech and the top line guys.

Marchand pretty much single handedly made that happen. I don't care for him, but he's a really good player. There is still a bit of a learning curve for this young team and that was an example, but game 2 was huge for the confidence of Svech and the top line guys.
    I'm guessing he'll be confident from the stands next game; that injury looked like it was pretty ugly.

I'm guessing he'll be confident from the stands next game; that injury looked like it was pretty ugly.
    Ugh yes. Really unfortunate. He has that spunk which is one reason he is as good as he is and loved by fans. Chara is a big guy though.

Will be really difficult to win this without him (it was already going to be hard WITH him) and now I just hope it's not major structural damage that would affect next season.

What
    A
    Meltdown