Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I don’t care when they win, and I celebrate when they lose. Best of all worlds in my book.
    I actually "hurt" when they win. I perpetually hope they *never* win again.

Wouldn't it be just GREAT if ol'Roy passes Smith in *losses* before *wins*...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Not to nitpick, but isn't this Old Testament?

Either way, the Cheats deserve flood, locusts, plagues, pestilence, years of wandering in the wilderness.

Some of are so old that not only were we around when the "Old" Testament was the ONLY Testament, we remember when it was new!

But DON'T ask me to remember where I put my keys, or why I walked into this room!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Maybe this is how they would have played all those cheating years with eligible players that actually went to class. No, that's not right, they're probably still cheating.

GoDuke!
    State is proof positive that you can cheat and still suck. *cough*Dennis Smith Jr*cough*

Very nice timeline of how UNCs season unraveled from ESPN. Any opportunity to elevate their dumpster fire of a coach and season is ok by me.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...unraveled-line

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Very nice timeline of how UNCs season unraveled from ESPN. Any opportunity to elevate their dumpster fire of a coach and season is ok by me.

Thanks for posting this. I was going to after having read in on ESPN but you beat me to it. I would appear (at least from this writer's perspective) that even those the Cheats did have anything formally done to them, their recruiting suffered nonetheless.

As I was watching the FSU/UNC game tonight Feb. 3 on ESPN, one of the commentators (I believe it was Sean McDonough), praised Leonard Hamilton by stating that his players always stayed out of trouble and went to class. No such comments about Roy and UNC--imagine that!

Quote Originally Posted by JimBD View Post
    As I was watching the FSU/UNC game tonight Feb. 3 on ESPN, one of the commentators (I believe it was Sean McDonough), praised Leonard Hamilton by stating that his players always stayed out of trouble and went to class. No such comments about Roy and UNC--imagine that!

That's a little unfair, ol' roy's boys have always stayed out of class!

I will bathe in the tears of the Tarheels tonight. How clean I will feel!

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I will bathe in the tears of the Tarheels tonight. How clean I will feel!

I would not even relieve myself with cheats eye drops

I still do not expect Duke to get an easy win in Chapel Heahl next Saturday. We should have a beatdown, but our team rarely gets that done. BC game will be a challenge even though we soundly tounced them in Cameron.

I'm surprised the author so conveniently avoided Awe-Shuck's slander of his own team. I don't care if a team is comprised of the Lollipop Guild, a team can always compete if they have collective belief in each other and the belief of their coach.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    We should have a beatdown, but our team rarely gets that done.
    Rarely, huh? In the actual world, this year's team has more 30+ point ACC wins (4) than all but one team in Coach K's 40 years ('99, with 6; but FWIW on 2/4/1999 that team only had 2 ACC 30+ point wins), and they've done it in only half a season. If you think that's rare, perhaps your expectations are a tad high.

Why should it not be high? February is the month that we will see if this Duke team has what it takes to go far in post season play. I live in the present, glad that you have good statistical records Kedsy!

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Why should it not be high? February is the month that we will see if this Duke team has what it takes to go far in post season play. I live in the present, glad that you have good statistical records Kedsy!
    Not sure what's so special about February, but FWIW Duke has lost two or more February games in 8 of Coach K's 12 Final Four years, including 3 of his 5 championship years.

And I'm all for high expectations, but if you expect more blowouts than any Coach K team has ever had, your expectations aren't just high, they're unrealistic.

As others mentioned, Heels looked good tonight. Click for the ESPN boxscore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Not sure what's so special about February, but FWIW Duke has lost two or more February games in 8 of Coach K's 12 Final Four years, including 3 of his 5 championship years.
    For comparison’s sake, Coach K has had 15 teams with 2 or fewer February losses that didn’t make it past the Sweet 16, including 7 teams that did so and then won zero or one NCAAT games.

So I haven’t done a full statistical analysis, but I’m pretty sure there’s absolutely no correlation between February performance and NCAAT performance.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    That's a little unfair, ol' roy's boys have always stayed out of class and found lots of trouble!
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    As others mentioned, Heels looked good tonight. Click for the ESPN boxscore.
    I don't think we should be focussed on how the Cheaters "looked good". We should focus on the fact they lost again and we should celebrate this loss (just like the BC game this past weekend).

They are 3-8 in conference play and in last place. It's beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I don't think we should be focussed on how the Cheaters "looked good". We should focus on the fact they lost again and we should celebrate this loss (just like the BC game this past weekend).

And that is why they looked good.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post

In case it's unclear, "Heels looked good" is a euphamism for "Heels lost."