Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Technically off-topic for the thread, but does anyone know which was the most recent thread covering Louisville's athletic scandals? I did a search but there were a number of threads and I'm hoping not too spend time re-reading them. I saw an interesting related bit of news that I'd like to post.

A bright spot for UNC

I didn't want to start a thread on this so thought I would put this here as a bright spot for unc - even if it is Harrison Barnes.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/athletes-t..._null_card_hed

He and and Jacksonville Jaguar player Malik Jackson are covering the costs for the funeral of Atatiana Jefferson. I don't believe either had a connection to the family.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I didn't want to start a thread on this so thought I would put this here as a bright spot for unc - even if it is Harrison Barnes.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/athletes-t..._null_card_hed

He and and Jacksonville Jaguar player Malik Jackson are covering the costs for the funeral of Atatiana Jefferson. I don't believe either had a connection to the family.
    Who is this Harrison Barnes guy? That was nice of him.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Who is this Harrison Barnes guy? That was nice of him.
    Sporks to the first poster who can remind mattman of who this guy is, but only if it's a photo of him in a banana suit. Sadly, I wasted a buncha time this AM searching for that cherished photo but was unable to locate.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    That's a really cool thing that he did. But he's still a bum.

There was some bad news from UNC earlier this week, but I just didn't feel the need to post it. Bad people gonna bad.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    There was some bad news from UNC earlier this week, but I just didn't feel the need to post it. Bad people gonna bad.
    Yeah, let's get this thread back on track.

Yeah, let’s get back to the hatin’... here ya go...

6EC124FE-ED06-411C-8EDE-D7E938565600.jpg
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Yeah, let’s get back to the hatin’... here ya go...

6EC124FE-ED06-411C-8EDE-D7E938565600.jpg
    Outstanding work! I knew it was out there but got reeaally tired of looking through HWNSNBM photos to find it. As promised:

spork.gifspork.gif

^^^^
    (sorry, best I could do-I'm not permitted to spork you in the usual DBR manner )

https://www.wral.com/feds-unc-ch-did...bers/18776793/

UNC caught lying about the safety of their campus.

"The University has failed to meet its regulatory responsibilities in numerous and serious ways. Such a failure calls into question the willingness and the ability of UNC to meet its obligations not only to the Department ... but also to its students, employees and the campus community," the report states. "With regard to the Clery Act, such impairment resulted in the institution's systemic failure to provide students and employees with important campus crime information and services essential to their safety and security."

The report included nine findings of deficiencies, including an overall lack of administrative capability; inaccurately compiling crime statistics by misclassifying or excluding at least 20 reports from 2009 to 2012 or failing to include data from Granville Towers, several fraternity and sorority houses and areas just off campus; and failing several times to issue timely campus safety warnings in cases where no one had been apprehended after a crime.

Investigators also dinged UNC-Chapel Hill for delays in producing accurate records during the lengthy probe, noting information had to corrected twice in May alone.

"[I]t is abundantly clear that the Department's intervention was the impetus for substantially all of the remedial steps that were taken by the University and that no such action would have been taken if the agency had not intervened by conducting this review," the report states.
    Cheaters be cheating. Doesn't matter if it's basketball, football, concussion research, crime reporting. Cheaters born and bred.

9f

Not the first time they’ve been found guilty of this kind of thing.

https://www.dailytarheel.com/article.../50f8ca9bc71da

Cheaters be cheating. Doesn't matter if it's basketball, football, concussion research, crime reporting. Cheaters born and bred.

9f
    SMH. And I actually get a check every 2 weeks from these @#$% now. (That story will only be told at a tailgate sometime and it's going to take several fuse cat 3 beers to coax it out of me.)

9f
    Maybe we should be giving the heels bonus points for administrative consistency ...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    SMH. And I actually get a check every 2 weeks from these @#$% now. (That story will only be told at a tailgate sometime and it's going to take several fuse cat 3 beers to coax it out of me.)
    I’m working on it for the Miami game

DVR alert. Prof Jay Smith talks about his book, Cheated, on Booktv today at noon on cspan2.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gen View Post
    DVR alert. Prof Jay Smith talks about his book, Cheated, on Booktv today at noon on cspan2.
    Too bad this can’t follow the Super Bowl on network TV.

Geez unc is really bad this year! Their down 20 to Pitt beginning of the 2nd half. Sadly I’m not enjoying how easily it has become to beat unc. Hard to believe but I’m starting to feel a bit sorry for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ehdg View Post
    Geez unc is really bad this year! Their down 20 to Pitt beginning of the 2nd half. Sadly I’m not enjoying how easily it has become to beat unc. Hard to believe but I’m starting to feel a bit sorry for them.
    Let me provide some assistance in the form of a reminder that they CHEATED for nearly 20 years. This season marks the first of what should be at least 18 consecutive losing seasons for them. That might suffice for about half of the penance owed.

If that reminder does not help, you may want to schedule a visit with your primary care physician.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Let me provide some assistance in the form of a reminder that they CHEATED for nearly 20 years. This season marks the first of what should be at least 18 consecutive losing seasons for them. That might suffice for about half of the penance owed.

If that reminder does not help, you may want to schedule a visit with your primary care physician.
    You must spread some Comments around before commenting on Dr. Rosenrosen again.

sporkz....all frickin day for this....there can not be enough misery heaped about the hump....hopefully, THIS is the punishment...and even more hopefully, THIS is just the beginning...

How long before Cole announces that he's hurt for the rest of the year (till draft day) and....how long before the first de-commit?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    You must spread some Comments around before commenting on Dr. Rosenrosen again.

sporkz...all frickin day for this...there can not be enough misery heaped about the hump...hopefully, THIS is the punishment...and even more hopefully, THIS is just the beginning...

How long before Cole announces that he's hurt for the rest of the year (till draft day) and...how long before the first de-commit?
    I'll be shocked if Anthony isn't playing at least by next Saturday vs Miami at the dump. For anybody playing the cheats the rest of the year, they should just double or triple team him. He is coming back for one reason only, and it isn't to help the cheats win games. He wants to get his draft stock back up to top 3. So he is going to be shooting a lot, and not looking to pass.