Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Sorry. Just being honest.
    Yes. I’m sure you’re being honest. Wasn’t implying otherwise. On the whole, we’ve played a pretty darn good game so far. Second half certainly not like the first for us. But milking the clock, minimizing potential injuries and closing out the W without feeling like we have to post 50+ points is okay, too.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Nice run Q.

But sometimes it comes back to bite you And it's not fun to watch either..lol

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Devilwin I just want a post clarifying the species of dead yellow jacket in post #61. When we win of course! I assume it's a regular worker bee / drone?
    Along with any interesting tidbits on Cheetahs not provided just now by the sideline reporter.

too bad nobody bet that pie. It's coming down to the wire on the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Yes. I’m sure you’re being honest. Wasn’t implying otherwise. On the whole, we’ve played a pretty darn good game so far. Second half certainly not like the first for us. But milking the clock, minimizing potential injuries and closing out the W without feeling like we have to post 50+ points is okay, too.
    Look. I want to see some of the young guys play. Especially the back up qb. Keep pressing, get another score or two and let the reserves get some play. In my opinion, we wasted a great chance to let them get some reps.

Great win. Everybody stayed healthy I think.

Playing safe in the second half was smart with time and score this time. I think Spurrier alluded to that too when they interviewed him.

Cut agrees with you Devilwin. In post-game interview he wanted more "edge" from team in 2nd half and felt it was a great lesson for his team.

Devilwin I just want a post clarifying the species of dead yellow jacket in post #61. When we win of course! I assume it's a regular worker bee / drone?
    Southern yellow jacket. Worker. The one that stings ya!

Look. I want to see some of the young guys play. Especially the back up qb. Keep pressing, get another score or two and let the reserves get some play. In my opinion, we wasted a great chance to let them get some reps.
    I’m sorry that you were unable to enjoy that great victory.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Southern yellow jacket. Worker. The one that stings ya!
    the kind that can still sting ya even after it's dead. Kinda like it did a bit in the second half.

the only good yellow jacket is a dead one. Thankfully we poured just enough gasoline down their nest in the first half.

Cut took his foot off the gas again..
    Sorry. Just being honest.
    No, you're not. Cutcliffe made it quite clear in the end-of-game interview that he was mighty disappointed in the team in the 2nd half. I have no doubt whatsoever that Cut did NOT tell his team to let up in the second half.

First half was excellent! But sadly we didn’t build on it in the second half. I hope Cut gets after them this week in practice cause they can’t play like that against UVA n win. They need to play 4 solid quarters!

Quote Originally Posted by 75Crazie View Post
    No, you're not. Cutcliffe made it quite clear in the end-of-game interview that he was mighty disappointed in the team in the 2nd half. I have no doubt whatsoever that Cut did NOT tell his team to let up in the second half.
    Wonder if he's kinda upset at Roper also...play calling in second half was a snoozer

Great win. Everybody stayed healthy I think.

Playing safe in the second half was smart with time and score this time. I think Spurrier alluded to that too when they interviewed him.

Cut agrees with you Devilwin. In post-game interview he wanted more "edge" from team in 2nd half and felt it was a great lesson for his team.
    Just what you want- a great first half and enough bad play during the second half that Cut can still yell at his team to motivate for next week. Still a nice half of football and a nice day at the Stadium.

Other than at quarterback, it looked to me like a lot of kids got to play in the second half. Can anyone confirm that?

To give a great perspective on how far duke football has improved under Coach cut...this thread sounds like the post game basketball threads after a win

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    To give a great perspective on how far duke football has improved under Coach cut...this thread sounds like the post game basketball threads after a win
    So true! Fans don't take long to transition from despondent from losing to despondent from not winning appropriately. Often within a single season...

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    This is true, and thank goodness. I earned that right with about 40 years of pain. Had DTSD...Duke Traumatic Stress Syndrome...

Duke played a pretty bad team today. Great first half. Second half upset Cut apparently. Then again, play calling, 73% run and 27% pass, and the run wasn't working very well. I realize with a big lead...but really, 55 runs and 20 passes?

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    This is true, and thank goodness. I earned that right with about 40 years of pain. Had DTSD...Duke Traumatic Stress Syndrome...

Duke played a pretty bad team today. Great first half. Second half upset Cut apparently. Then again, play calling, 73% run and 27% pass, and the run wasn't working very well. I realize with a big lead...but really, 55 runs and 20 passes?
    Good teams run the ball when up that much in the second half. Duke should have been running the ball. It provides a good yardstick for the team. They can now adjust. A good way to let Ga Tech back into the game would be to throw the ball around, extending the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tux View Post
    Good teams run the ball when up that much in the second half. Duke should have been running the ball. It provides a good yardstick for the team. They can now adjust. A good way to let Ga Tech back into the game would be to throw the ball around, extending the game.
    Agreed. Running eats up clock. The problem wasn’t in calling the run — it was in executing how we did it.