Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wow that was quick!

Welcome to Duke Jaemyn !!!

A prospect who’s stock is on the rise. What a pickup by K and staff.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Any other basketball players from WVa since Captain Howard Hurt 1958-61 and the Rev. Buzzy Harrison (1961-64)?
    Jaemyn’s hometown is Jackson, MS.

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    Wow that was quick!

Welcome to Duke Jaemyn !!!

A prospect who’s stock is on the rise. What a pickup by K and staff.
    Thoughtful, well-spoken kid. What a great addition! And Coleman has the confidence to know that he can make his own way. K doesn't put that much stock in positions, as we know.

Welcome to Duke University young man. You make the correct choice and quiet quickly, I might add. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by Devil2 View Post
    I think Alan Williams the 70's
    Williams was in the same class as Chip Engelland, Tom Emma and Mike Tissaw. Recruited by Bill Foster, played one year (1980) for Foster, left the Duke team midway through the 1981-82 season by mutual consent.

Duke tried to bring in his more highly-touted prep teammate Jimmy Miller but lost him to Virginia.

The best-ever player from Princeton, West Virginia was Rod Thorn, a player Duke tried for but lost, this time to West Virginia.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Williams was in the same class as Chip Engelland, Tom Emma and Mike Tissaw. Recruited by Bill Foster, played one year (1980) for Foster, left the Duke team midway through the 1981-82 season by mutual consent.

Duke tried to bring in his more highly-touted prep teammate Jimmy Miller but lost him to Virginia.

The best-ever player from Princeton, West Virginia was Rod Thorn, a player Duke tried for but lost, this time to West Virginia.
    Yep and we got even. I was in Indoor Stadium when 6th-ranked West Virginia with Rod Thorn lost to Duke 111-71. Twas in 1962, I believe. And, no, I didn't look it up.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Yep and we got even. I was in Indoor Stadium when 6th-ranked West Virginia with Rod Thorn lost to Duke 111-71. Twas in 1962, I believe. And, no, I didn't look it up.
    1963. Art Heyman's senior year. Yes, Heyman and Thorn and Mullins could have been teammates. And Bill Bradley would have been a sophomore at Duke that season.

And, no, I didn't look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

I have this vague recollection that Williams was a very good leaper but not much more than that.

Any kid with both "Jam" and "Break" in his name is meant to be part of the running offense. Welcome aboard Jaemyn, I wish you many Ws in blue and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanarkel View Post
    Jaemyn’s hometown is Jackson, MS.
    Sounds like he has a somewhat different style (though similar height), but if he does anywhere near as well as our last player from MS (Rodney Hood), I would be thrilled.

Welcome! We are excited to have you aboard.

Pronunciation help, please! Is it
    Jay-Min or
    Jammin

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Jay-Min or
    Jammin
    This is awesome and must make it onto a sign in Cameron next season.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Jay-Min or
    Jammin
    How about Jammin' Jay-Min?