Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Welcome to Duke, Jaemyn Brakefield!!!

Kid got an offer and knew where he wanted to be!

https://twitter.com/Jaemyn1/status/1180210498408783872

#Brotherhood!!!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Sweet. Welcome Jaemyn.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Good news! This guy definitely knows where he wants to play. Welcome.
    Bob Green

welcome to The Brotherhood™

Here is a video shot ONE WEEK AGO in which he talks about the 10 finalists on his list. Duke is not one of them. Ha! In fairness, toward the end of the interview he says that the moment he knows where he wants to go he will commit, no messing around once he has made a decision. Kid was 100% honest about that!!

The video begins with some nice highlights including a couple deep threes and some sick blocked shots.

-Jason "according to some gurus, he was supposed to take his official visit to Michigan this weekend... I guess that ain't gonna happen now " Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Great addition to the class. Welcome Jaemyn!

you can never have too many strong, versatile, athletic 6-8 guys.

Definitely have to shout out to our newest lead Recruiter for 2020, his AAU teammate, Jalen Johnson. It’s awesome how vocal he’s been.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    -Jason "according to some gurus, he was supposed to take his official visit to Michigan this weekend... I guess that ain't gonna happen now " Evans
    Obviously wanted to go to a better football school...

lives near a number of big white buildings
    Great!! Now are we still in pursuit of the two big centers about whom much has been written since Kessler made the mistake of committing to the cheats?? Don't know how many schollys we have left.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

This is the definition a cherry on top ...

Awesome pickup, and amazing how we were able to swoop in so late and land him. At a surface level, his game appears very similar to Coleman. Could someone with more knowledge than me (which is basically anyone) describe if they would be likely to share the floor together, or to split time at the 4? I love that we’re stocking up on tough, hard-nosed, likely multi-year guys to complement the OAD’ers.

At one point he was considering a reclass to 2019 as per his USA Post and he said Duke was one of the schools talking to him about it.

Is this still in consideration?

Any other basketball players from WVa since Captain Howard Hurt 1958-61 and the Rev. Buzzy Harrison (1961-64)?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Jake1985 View Post
    At one point he was considering a reclass to 2019 as per his USA Post and he said Duke was one of the schools talking to him about it.

Is this still in consideration?
    A little too late for that? School has already started for more than a month. I don't see the point of starting in January either as he didn't have the summer to prep and jell with the team.

Has Duke ever taken a player in January?

Four year player? That would be a real plus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Any other basketball players from WVa since Captain Howard Hurt 1958-61 and the Rev. Buzzy Harrison (1961-64)?
    I think Alan Williams the 70's

A reclass player who didn’t come in Sept but after break in Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    you can never have too many strong, versatile, athletic 6-8 guys.
    Yeah, been watching and re-watching the recent ESPN documentary on the 1986 Duke class. Bilas and Alarie fit that description well.