Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Crazy, alternate-reality me wonders if Zion had chosen to return to school whether he would have been able to even play this season. Man, what a roller coaster that would have been had it come to pass. I wondered the same about Frank Jackson and Harry Giles.

This Ben Simmons 3-pointer saga just blows my mind. How can a NBA coach even talk to the media like this with a straight face? Simmons is a NBA player, a guard, in a league that's shifted toward spacing and shooting and 3-pointers and the guy can't bring himself to hoist one up. It's like he's just being obstinate because it became a thing. Shot the damn ball, man!

Brand has had to deal with some odd scenarios...Fultz (who's doing pretty well in Orlando these days), this Simmons thing, the fall-out from Hinkie, the fall-out from the GM's wife's burner account...

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Crazy, alternate-reality me wonders if Zion had chosen to return to school whether he would have been able to even play this season. Man, what a roller coaster that would have been had it come to pass. I wondered the same about Frank Jackson and Harry Giles.
    Yeah, Zion might not have taken the court at Cameron Indoor had he returned to Duke for his sophomore year. I think things are eventually going to work out well for him this season in New Orleans. He’s going to resume playing within a few weeks or so and finish the last couple of months of the season strong and heathy.

Plus, the New Orleans training staff is teaching him a new and better way to walk and jump. Pretty cool, huh? From what I’ve heard it sounds like they’re on top of things in regard to Zion and his future. I’m encouraged.

Luka!

Now averaging 29.7 points, 9.7 rebounds, and 8.9 assists per game.

And a ton of highlights for this 20-year old star. Just fun to watch.

who? did he play for duke?
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Sure he did: Lu Kanard.

(I'll close the back door as I slink away.)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Now averaging 29.7 points, 9.7 rebounds, and 8.9 assists per game.

And a ton of highlights for this 20-year old star. Just fun to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post

When I first saw this thread, it did cross my mind that somehow I missed Luke is averaging those insane numbers...but alas...

I Kennardly even recognize these players anymore.
    April 1

Luca here, doncic think we've suffered enough?

This is the general NBA thread, not the Dukies in the NBA thread. The post in question was well-placed (unless it was moved from the other thread).

Meanwhile, really interesting situation developing in Golden State regarding Damion Lee. Lee is on 2-way contracts with the Warriors and when injuries and poor play by others gave him a chance to play he really shined. Lee is averaging 14.6ppg and 7.5 rpg while hitting 43% of his 3s over his past 10 games. He is starting on the wing for the Warriors and has been one of their best players over the past month.

Here is the problem... as a 2-way player, he is only allowed to play 45 days with the big club and Lee is on day 43. The simple solution would be to convert his deal to a regular NBA contract, but the Warriors already have 15 guys under contract and are only 365k under the cap so even if they could move someone to IR or some other game like that, they do not have room to sign him to a deal. They have to make a trade in the next 2 days or they will have to send him down until they can figure things out. Seems kinda crazy for a player this good to be on a 2-way.

-Jason "and if you want a Duke connection, Lee (who played for Louisville) is married to Steph and Seth's younger sister... lots of basketball blood in that extended family" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Luca here, doncic think we've suffered enough?
    Haha,, that’s a pretty clever one. 👍🏻

The Luka?

It appears to me that Luka has introduced a new play, one that I had not seen before but which is now used by Lebron, among others. The play is to come around a high middle pick and, if the defender goes over, to stall at the free throw line with the trailing defender pinned behind him. This very often induces the "rim protector" to come out on Luka at which point he throws a lob to the Mavs' dunker. It's very effective and I don't recall this being done before

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    This is the general NBA thread, not the Dukies in the NBA thread. The post in question was well-placed (unless it was moved from the other thread).
    It had been posted as a stand-alone thread and was consolidated.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

How did I just now find out that Tacko Fall is 6th in the All-Star voting in the East for front-court players?!?! This is the greatest story of the season! The fans have to find a way to vote a G-Leaguer onto the All-Star team!!

Even though he is sixth in the voting, there’s a really high chance Fall doesn’t even make the All Star team. The fans only account for 50 percent of the votes, while the media and current players account for the other half (25 percent each).
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

James Harden shot 1-17 from 3-point range tonight. That deserves special mention.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    James Harden shot 1-17 from 3-point range tonight. That deserves special mention.
    Did he get 40 free throws and still go for 35?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Did he get 40 free throws and still go for 35?
    I see you've been on this ride before.

CBS Sports with the 10 most interesting stats from the NBA season so far. LBJ notches a triple double against every team in the league and Luka could be in the top 3 of all time triple doubles by the time he's 30 at his current place, among others.

All-Star starters and captains named. No Duke players this year. Expect that to change next year if Zion can be Zion and KI can put together a healthy season.

Captains

Los Angeles Lakers G/F LeBron James

Milwaukee Bucks F Giannis Antetokounmpo

Starters

Dallas Mavericks G Luka Doncic

Houston Rockets G James Harden

Los Angeles Lakers F Anthony Davis

Los Angeles Clippers F Kawhi Leonard

Atlanta Hawks G Trae Young

Boston Celtics G Kemba Walker

Philadelphia 76ers C Joel Embiid

Toronto Raptors F Pascal Siakam

So, who will be the last starter drafted? I would say Trae, but no one plays D in All-Star games so Trae's biggest weakness will not matter and I think guys will want to be on the receiving end of Trae's sublime passing. I think maybe Kemba.