Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Bless his heart ...
    A few fries short of a Happy Meal...

What's the beef DWade has now? One of his kids isn't getting enough playing time at Sierra Canyon? Son told me Wade went on at length during latest episode of Inside the NBA.

Seems like D is all over the place lately. But the Daddy Ball schtick doesn't fit very well. Was hoping that was a one-of-a-kind outfit.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Pistons were Streaking

I understand the decision to suspend play, and support it fully - it brought the issue into sharp focus for many people who were failing to appreciate the dangers of the pandemic.

HOWEVER, I can't help but be bummed at the timing of it all. The Pistons had unloaded virtually every player without long-term potential are were STREAKING up the charts toward a high lottery pick! They are currently at #5 from the top of the lottery list and only 1 1/2 games away from #2! AND THEY WERE 1-9 IN THEIR LAST 10 GAMES.

Man! What could have been. smh

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Eh, the reporters in the video were smiling and laughing at his joke, though. And even if people don't like the joke, I think everyone piling on him now in hindsight is showing poor form and being hypocritical. I mean, touching a door handle after Gobert touches it is the same thing as touching a recorder after Gobert touches it. Covid-19 has been the news for a couple of months now, and I have yet to see a single person carry around wipes in public to wipe down door handles and knobs when opening doors. Like I said, throw the first stone if you're not touching things when you leave the house. (Or I suppose if you've sequestered yourself).
    I don't carry around wipes, but I don't touch anything if I can help it. Open doors with a shirtsleeve or napkin, not my bare hands. Even better if the door is outgoing - I push it with my elbow or butt. If the bathroom has a paper towel dispenser with a handle to push to get a towel, I do that before I wash my hands. If the sink doesn't have a no-touch spout, I close the faucet with my elbow, not my hand.

None of this is really new - I've always done it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I understand the decision to suspend play, and support it fully - it brought the issue into sharp focus for many people who were failing to appreciate the dangers of the pandemic.

HOWEVER, I can't help but be bummed at the timing of it all. The Pistons had unloaded virtually every player without long-term potential are were STREAKING up the charts toward a high lottery pick! They are currently at #5 from the top of the lottery list and only 1 1/2 games away from #2! AND THEY WERE 1-9 IN THEIR LAST 10 GAMES.

Man! What could have been. smh
    I feel your pain?

What's the deal with Luke Kennard? Tendinitis doesn't usually keep a player out this long. Have the Pistons kept him out to improve their draft status?

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Eh, the reporters in the video were smiling and laughing at his joke, though. And even if people don't like the joke, I think everyone piling on him now in hindsight is showing poor form and being hypocritical. I mean, touching a door handle after Gobert touches it is the same thing as touching a recorder after Gobert touches it. Covid-19 has been the news for a couple of months now, and I have yet to see a single person carry around wipes in public to wipe down door handles and knobs when opening doors. Like I said, throw the first stone if you're not touching things when you leave the house. (Or I suppose if you've sequestered yourself).
    Both where I live and work, the staff is coming through and wiping doors, counters and office phones down. People are bringing latex gloves with them so they can touch things without fear, otherwise I have seen people purell their hands after opening doors. I found that joke completely distasteful and if the reporters enjoyed it, then shame on them too.

This has been mentioned elsewhere, but for general discussion of these NBA regular season awards:

First: LeBron James, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Luka Doncic, Anthony Davis, James Harden

Second: Damian Lillard, Kawhi Leonard, Nikola Jokic, Chris Paul, Pascal Siakam

Third: Ben Simmons, Jayson Tatum, Jimmy Butler, Rudy Gobert, Russell Westbrook
    A few notes:

**LeBron sets the record for most All-NBA selections with 16 (13 1st team, 2 2nd team, 1 3rd team). This breaks a tie with Kareem (10 1st team, 5 2nd team), Kobe Bryant (11 1st team, 2 2nd team, and 2 3rd team) and Tim Duncan (10 1st team, 3 2nd team, 2 2nd team) for most all time. LeBron was already the record holder for most 1st team selections.

**Luka Doncic is the youngest player to make 1st team.

**Bradley Beal becomes the first player to average 30+ ppg and not make an all-NBA team since Adrian Dantley in 1982. Beal wasn't even an All-Star this year, despite being 2nd in the league in scoring.

**Of the 15 players selected, 5 are still playing in the postseason: LeBron, Davis, Jokic, Tatum, Butler