Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

FB: Notre Dame 27, Duke 13

Game thread so post your comments here. Season starts off against a heavyweight. Notre Dame is a 21 points favorite in Vegas with over/under at 53.5 points.
    Last edited by Bob Green; 09-12-2020 at 05:58 PM.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Game thread so post your comments here. Season starts off against a heavyweight. Notre Dame is a 21 points favorite in Vegas with over/under at 53.5 points.
    were'nt they a 21 point favorite last time, too?
    April 1

Happy to see this thread.

Maybe a stupid question, but has Chase Brice officially been named the starting QB yet? I remember reading something recently where Cut was quoted saying Katrenick was the current QB1.

I still find it hard to believe they'll play, but Let's Go Duke!

Strange beginning to a strange year: Duke 41 Notre Dame 27
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Happy to see this thread.

Maybe a stupid question, but has Chase Brice officially been named the starting QB yet? I remember reading something recently where Cut was quoted saying Katrenick was the current QB1.
    Coach Cutcliffe has not named a starting QB yet.
    Bob Green

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    I still find it hard to believe they'll play, but Let's Go Duke!

Strange beginning to a strange year: Duke 41 Notre Dame 27
    I know so little about either team that I couldn't even begin to hazard a guess at a score. Also, I won't be convinced the game will even be played until the moment the whistle blows.

Sucks having mixed emotions about a game I enjoy and a team I love.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Take the points!

Duke almost always covers, if not actually winning the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I know so little about either team that I couldn't even begin to hazard a guess at a score. Also, I won't be convinced the game will even be played until the moment the whistle blows.

Sucks having mixed emotions about a game I enjoy and a team I love.
    You got that right! I'm trying to be optimistic. We won't know until the game is played, but I'm hoping the strangeness of it all benefits the Blue Devils. And, yep, I'd take the points for sure (if I was a betting man).
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

I’m glad to see it will be on NBC instead of ACC Network. I’m hopeful that the networks will have more ACC content on this season, to fill in gaps left by other conferences.

27-20 Devils. Or a scratch.

If the game is played, I agree with everybody else that they are usually stronger than expected. I have also found over the years that Notre Dame often starts the season slowly.

Notre Dame will allow over 16,000 fans to attend the home opener with Duke. Very surprising.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...cid=uxbndlbing
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Notre Dame will allow over 16,000 fans to attend the home opener with Duke. Very surprising.

Nice. Get to see your team lose to an underdog AND get covid at the same time.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

SMH...

Has Duke set football fan protocols yet? I really hope it's near zero fans in the stands...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Nice. Get to see your team lose to an underdog AND get covid at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    SMH...

Has Duke set football fan protocols yet? I really hope it's near zero fans in the stands...
    To be fair, the "fans" allowed at Notre Dame are only ON CAMPUS students and faculty (+ players' families). Nobody outside the university community is allowed.

Not saying it's necessarily a good idea, but the picture is definitely different than a bunch of people coming in from out of town and tailgating, etc. No tailgating. It's basically the people that are already interacting (hopefully at a distance with proper protocols in place) on campus throughout the week that will be allowed to enter the stadium.

Although I'm surprised states allow this, as my state still says no more than 50 people are allowed in the same location. Clearly, IN has different guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    SMH...

given that the public isn't technically allowed on campus, i don't believe there's any plan on having fans.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    given that the public isn't technically allowed on campus, i don't believe there's any plan on having fans.
    As noted above though, Notre Dame is also not allowing the public in its stadium. Duke could theoretically still allow students/staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    As noted above though, Notre Dame is also not allowing the public in its stadium. Duke could theoretically still allow students/staff.
    NC guidelines only allow for groups of 50 people in outdoor venues, so fans in the stands ain't happening until that changes. (Yes, you could have everyone spread out, but they will still crowd the gates, concessions, and restrooms.)

NC guidelines only allow for groups of 50 people in outdoor venues, so fans in the stands ain't happening until that changes. (Yes, you could have everyone spread out, but they will still crowd the gates, concessions, and restrooms.)
    Got it, thanks. I didn't know NC guidelines. My state is the same.

Perhaps Duke could consider each section its own venue for students and faculty/staff and get 6000ish in.

-jk