Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I have Justice on my fantasy team and if he gets 5 starts at PG then I think ESPN will allow him to be listed at that position. That would be very helpful for me as Patrick Beverly and Trae Young are my only PGs right now.
    *Justise*
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

It's the non-national TV game today, but the Pistons/Hawks matchup is a pretty interesting one. Highly recommend tuning in to the League Pass free preview.

Very early storylines:
    - Reggie Jackson has already been booed off the floor after a fairly disastrous opening shift. Airballed back to back threes, wasn't passing well, and got TORCHED by Trae Young when they matched up.
    - Trae Young was just destroying the Pistons early. 16 points thus far, including a three from the logo.
    - Andre Drummond is having his way inside, especially once ATL took out Alex Len and put in Bruno Fernando. Welcome to the league, Bruno.
    - Good start from the Dukies! Cam didn't do much offensively, but looked good defensively (contributing strongly to Reggie Jackson's hot mess of a start). Kennard has drained a couple of threes, and, contrary to all of our expectations, is meshing REALLY well with Derrick Rose. He looks happy to play more as an off-ball shooter, ceding the slasher/creator role to Rose. Wonder whether they stay together on the bench or if one of them (likely Rose) gets bumped up to start above Jackson? The Pistons bench looks way better than the starting unit so far, with the exception of Drummond. And, finally Jabari is looking spry! Super aggressive offensively, and has 9 points in just 7 minutes, including a nice three-pointer. Nice to see the crew all doing well!

Overall, a pretty fun game so far after the obligatory first-home-game bricks that the Pistons threw up to start the game.

Russell Westbrook's new hairstyle looks like the braid session at an 8-year old girl's slumber party got a little too ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I appreciate this informative, "in the trenches" post from an apparent Heat fan.

Do you mean that Dragic and Justise are a point guard combo in the sense that they will be on the court together, or that Dragic will be in the second unit, or both?
    It will be both. My guess is dragic will sub in for Winslow late first quarter and then stay on the floor when Winslow comes back in. Winslow is versatile and can play on or off the ball but he clearly does his best work with the ball. He's very good at the drive and dish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabdul Doobakus View Post
    Winslow made a big leap last year that coincided with his move to more of a PG role. It's not anything new for him at this point and Heat Twitter has been clamoring for him to start in that role for some time.

Him and Dragic are a solid PG combo and also versatile enough that they seem very capable of playing together.

The Heat have always done a great job of discovering and developing talent, but what they seem to have done this year has exceeded even their standard. I think they're going to surprise a lot of people.
    Was it just last year? I feel like Justise has been getting most of his minutes at the 1 for a while, but this is more from media and comments from my Bearcat/Cat aunt and my true-blue Devil Mom who live in south Florida and follow the Heat than actual personal observation.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    And if Amile Jefferson makes it into some games this year would it go to 28? I think i recall that he was again on a 2-way deal, could be an erroneous memory tho...
    That list already has Amile on it and also has Semi Ojeleye.

If we are going by which players actually play, we may have to remove some for Kentucky later.

Harden bricks a 3. Runs out of control into Milwaukee player who had position for the rebound. Of course, Harden got to shoot 2 more free throws for it.

Clippers are going to be good. They may not even need George.

9. Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I have Justice on my fantasy team and if he gets 5 starts at PG then I think ESPN will allow him to be listed at that position. That would be very helpful for me as Patrick Beverly and Trae Young are my only PGs right now.
    I had him last year and he was listed as PG, SF and PF. Pretty awesome.

I didn't pick him this season though as he was inconsistent last year when it came to producing stats which can be frustrating.

Plus Butler didn't play that first game and when he does I'm not sure Justise will be able to produce as much.

If you had "first half of the first quarter of the first game" in your "when will Harden and Westbrook start feuding" pool then you win!

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Obviously I didn’t like him at UNC and I didn’t like him in his first few NBA seasons when ESPN and Stuart Scott (RIP) we’re hyping him up but it’s cool Vince Carter is still playing. Old men forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_B View Post
    Obviously I didn’t like him at UNC and I didn’t like him in his first few NBA seasons when ESPN and Stuart Scott (RIP) we’re hyping him up but it’s cool Vince Carter is still playing. Old men forever!
    When Vince Carter signed his first NBA contract, 4 of his Hawks teammates (Young, Huerter, Reddish, and Fernando) had not even been born yet. His career is older than 1/3 of his teammates.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    If you had "first half of the first quarter of the first game" in your "when will Harden and Westbrook start feuding" pool then you win!

Harden: We need another star on the team.

Rockets GM: How about we get you one of the most difficult locker room personalities in the league who gets under everyone's skin?

Harden: Love it! Also Harden: <Immediately tires of Chris Paul>.

Rockets GM: How about an aging has been black hole who can't play a lick of defense.

Harden: Love it! Also Harden: <Immediately tires of Carmelo Anthony>.

Rockets GM: How about we get the back hole All-star you already left one franchise to avoid?

Harden: Love it! Also Harden: <Memory is immediately jogged>

Rockets GM: I should spend more time on Twitter...

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Harden: We need another star on the team.

Rockets GM: How about we get you one of the most difficult locker room personalities in the league who gets under everyone's skin?

Harden: Love it! Also Harden: <Immediately tires of Chris Paul>.

Rockets GM: How about an aging has been black hole who can't play a lick of defense.

Harden: Love it! Also Harden: <Immediately tires of Carmelo Anthony>.

Rockets GM: How about we get the back hole All-star you already left one franchise to avoid?

Harden: Love it! Also Harden: <Memory is immediately jogged>

Rockets GM: I should spend more time on Twitter...
    Seriously. At the point, why would any "star" choose to play with Harden? He's an amazing talent, but his style of play is ball hogging, zero defense, and junk fouls, combined with crap attitude.

He can be fun to watch when he's on, but I would not want him as the centerpiece of my franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Seriously. At the point, why would any "star" choose to play with Harden? He's an amazing talent, but his style of play is ball hogging, zero defense, and junk fouls, combined with crap attitude.

He can be fun to watch when he's on, but I would not want him as the centerpiece of my franchise.
    In the 80s, people said MJ was a ballhog who could only score a lot of points and would never win a championship.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

In the 80s, people said MJ was a ballhog who could only score a lot of points and would never win a championship.
    That was all true until Scottie Pippen showed up😀

Harden's competitive juice seems to extend as far as his line on the box score.

Nobody with any knowledge of the sport had that viewpoint. From the beginning of his NBA career Jordan was an elite defender, a good passer, an elite rebounder for a guard, excellent at getting steals, and arguably the most competitive player who has ever lived.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    That was all true until Scottie Pippen showed up😀
    Pippen was actually a fairly limited offensive player. He was an elite defender, yes, and a good rebounder for his position, but somewhat average in several other areas.

It’s laughable that Jordan chose Pippen over Larry Bird for his starting five. That just shows Jordan’s bias towards his longtime teammate, as Pippen was absolutely not in Bird’s class as an overall player.

Jordan showed his poor assessment skills again recently when he said Stephen Curry is not a Hall of Fame player. Jordan was an all-time great player, but has always been mediocre at assessing talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Pippen was actually a fairly limited offensive player. He was an elite defender, yes, and a good rebounder for his position, but somewhat average in several other areas.

It’s laughable that Jordan chose Pippen over Larry Bird for his starting five. That just shows Jordan’s bias towards his longtime teammate, as Pippen was absolutely not in Bird’s class as an overall player.

Jordan showed his poor assessment skills again recently when he said Stephen Curry is not a Hall of Fame player. Jordan was an all-time great player, but has always been mediocre at assessing talent.
    Huh? I wouldn’t call 16.1 ppg over 16 or 17 seasons with 4 seasons of 20+ ppg “fairly limited”. He wasn’t a great offensive player, but I’d define Amile Jefferson or Mason Plumlee as fairly limited offensively.

Also, IMO you’ve overstated MJ’s talent assessment skills. He doesn’t posses any ability to assess college draft talent or any ability to run an NBA team.