More newspaper layoffs catch important voices in ACC sports

I知 sad to learn today that another round of layoffs at the Greensboro News and Record and Winston-Salem Journal caught Ed Hardin at the N&O and Conor O誰eill at the Journal. O誰eill was the Wake Forest beat writer and the expectation is he will not be replaced. Hardin has covered ACC sports, has been one of the best writers on ACC basketball, particularly the tournament, and has been named as the state's sportswriter of the year by the National Sports Media Association three times, including last year.

I weep for this. To be honest, the content on most web sites is barely tolerable, and knowledgeable professionals are being phased out in place or click bait artists. I fear we値l wake up someday and no one will know the difference.
    GTHC

What a doggone shame! I have always loved Ed Hardins' articles from the Greensboro and WS journal. He was never afraid to tell it like it is and I am going to miss his style of journalism. I hope he resurfaces somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthman View Post
    I知 sad to learn today that another round of layoffs at the Greensboro News and Record and Winston-Salem Journal caught Ed Hardin at the N&O and Conor O誰eill at the Journal. O誰eill was the Wake Forest beat writer and the expectation is he will not be replaced. Hardin has covered ACC sports, has been one of the best writers on ACC basketball, particularly the tournament, and has been named as the state's sportswriter of the year by the National Sports Media Association three times, including last year.

I weep for this. To be honest, the content on most web sites is barely tolerable, and knowledgeable professionals are being phased out in place or click bait artists. I fear we値l wake up someday and no one will know the difference.
    I'm sure many younger folks don't know the difference now. Sad to hear that Ed Hardin is out in Greensboro. He has been a true professional with a gift for feature writing, in my opinion.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Conor O'Neil being let go is bad, very bad. Ed Hardin being let go simply defies rational comprehension. Just unfathomable. He's that good.