Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Tex Devil View Post
    It’s over. Astros haven’t come from behind all post season I believe.
    While the Nats did, over and over. Defining feature of the team.

Howie's hit

I don’t mind pulling Greinke but go with the 2017 plan and put in Cole. That said, Kendrick’s home run was one of the luckiest home runs I’ve seen.
    I suppose, because a few feet either way and it's a very different result. On the other hand, it takes a lot of strength for a RHB to hit a breaking ball down and away for a HR, so give Howie credit.

In any event, after many postseasons of watching the bounces go against the Nats, I'll take it. Baseball is the most random of sports.

I don’t mind pulling Greinke but go with the 2017 plan and put in Cole. That said, Kendrick’s home run was one of the luckiest home runs I’ve seen.
    He knows his team better than I do, but Greinke was at 80+ pitches, and you could hear the collective sigh of relief from the Nationals dugout. Yeah, Rendon homered, but he was smoking hot, and the walk had 2 borderline pitches (ie missed pitches) IIRC.

Congratulations to Mike Matheny for landing a job as the skipper of the Kansas City Royals. I love their uniforms.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    I'm sure many folks have seen this, but if you haven't, here are Anthony Rendon's plate appearances in the 7th inning or later in the Nats' 5 elimination games this postseason:

Walk, double, home run, double, home run, double, home run
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Congratulations to Mike Matheny for landing a job as the skipper of the Kansas City Royals. I love their uniforms.
    Not the light blue ones.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    He knows his team better than I do, but Greinke was at 80+ pitches, and you could hear the collective sigh of relief from the Nationals dugout. Yeah, Rendon homered, but he was smoking hot, and the walk had 2 borderline pitches (ie missed pitches) IIRC.
    Dumb, dumb play by AJ Hinch. He had these pitchers in the bullpen he wanted to use, but the Astros had the best pitcher on the planet -- that night -- cruising along in Game 7.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

I dunno

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Dumb, dumb play by AJ Hinch. He had these pitchers in the bullpen he wanted to use, but the Astros had the best pitcher on the planet -- that night -- cruising along in Game 7.
    Greinke was on his third trip thru the lineup and the Astros had some good arms ready. Hinch’s decision was reasonable. Just didn’t work.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Not the light blue ones.
    I don't consider crappy alternates the real uniforms. See... the Cardinals' light blues, back from the 1980s to ruin a Saturday game near you.

Carolina played us in football wearing dark blue. (Navy, more or less). Again. Seems like they subconsciously know.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Maybe mlb's biggest end of season award should just be renamed the Mike Trout Award.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

Any thoughts on the burgeoning Astros cheating scandal? Seems like MLB is going to have to come down on them extremely hard for this one.