Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1. #1

    Fall Lax News and Notes

    Duke is traditionally one of the last D1 programs to formally announce its schedule, but we can reverse-engineer it using other team’s announcements.

    So far, we know that the Blue Devils will open at home on February 1 against Air Force. We’ve also learned that the traditional mid-April meeting with Marquette is on.

    Today’s big news is that the top-ranked faceoff specialist in the high school class of 2020, Jake Naso from St. Anthony’s on Long Island, has changed his commitment from UVa to Duke. He will join Friar teammates Brennan O’Neill and Aidan Danenza as cornerstones of what might turn out to be a second consecutive top-ranked class.

    https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...-to-duke/55397

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Duke is traditionally one of the last D1 programs to formally announce its schedule, but we can reverse-engineer it using other team’s announcements.

    So far, we know that the Blue Devils will open at home on February 1 against Air Force. We’ve also learned that the traditional mid-April meeting with Marquette is on.

    Today’s big news is that the top-ranked faceoff specialist in the high school class of 2020, Jake Naso from St. Anthony’s on Long Island, has changed his commitment from UVa to Duke. He will join Friar teammates Brennan O’Neill and Aidan Danenza as cornerstones of what might turn out to be a second consecutive top-ranked class.

    https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...-to-duke/55397
    whoa! (I see he previously had decommitted from BU)...let's hold on to him!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Duke is traditionally one of the last D1 programs to formally announce its schedule, but we can reverse-engineer it using other team’s announcements.

    So far, we know that the Blue Devils will open at home on February 1 against Air Force. We’ve also learned that the traditional mid-April meeting with Marquette is on.

    Today’s big news is that the top-ranked faceoff specialist in the high school class of 2020, Jake Naso from St. Anthony’s on Long Island, has changed his commitment from UVa to Duke. He will join Friar teammates Brennan O’Neill and Aidan Danenza as cornerstones of what might turn out to be a second consecutive top-ranked class.

    https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...-to-duke/55397
    VERY good news! Gotta win those faceoffs!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Earth
    I'm surprised about the Marquette game. I figured that we only played them because of the Amplo-Danowski relationship. I guess they signed a longer contract than I expected, but 4/18 is confirmed: https://gomarquette.com/schedule.aspx?path=mlax

    Add @Denver 2/15 to the list. This is typically one of the critical games on our schedule.

    https://denverpioneers.com/schedule.aspx?path=mlax

  5. #5
    Jacksonville comes to Koskinen for a rare Tuesday night game on March 10.

  6. #6
    Duke travels down 40/85 in Week Two to visit High Point on February 8.

    Gotta give the Panthers credit for not backing down, non-conference schedule-wise: as if playing Duke and Virginia wasn’t enough, this year they added Maryland.

    Coach Danowski leads the national team into action this weekend at the US Lacrosse Fall Classic, with matchups against Canada and UVa. Both games will be streamed on LSN.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Earth
    In an effort to turn the page on 2019, which has been frequently disappointing outside of baseball, Duke hosts Utah on 5/2/20. What is the new ACC Championship format?

    https://utahutes.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=1484

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    In an effort to turn the page on 2019, which has been frequently disappointing outside of baseball, Duke hosts Utah on 5/2/20. What is the new ACC Championship format?

    https://utahutes.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=1484
    Haven’t seen an announcement from the conference yet. Personally, i hated last year’s format. I’d love to go back to a one-weekend deal a week earlier than most conferences.

    In other news, the Duke women’s program took a huge hit as leading returning scorer and single-season goal-scoring record-holder Charlotte North transferred to BC. The Eagles scored another high-profile transfer when Rachel Hall, the consensus top goaltender in the HS class of 2018, left Oregon after her freshman season. North (Episcopal) and Hall (The Woodlands) are arguably the two best women’s players ever to come out of Texas.

  9. #9
    The St. Anthony’s connection bears more fruit, as Duke gets a verbal commitment from the top-ranked player in the junior class.

    https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/breaking-il-s-no-1-junior-andrew-mcadorey-st-anthony-s-n-y-commits-to-duke/55505

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  11. #11
    Imagine if Zion and R.J. had committed on the same day.

    That’s the level of recruiting success Coach Dano and his staff are enjoying with the high school class of 2021 (assuming none of them change their minds in the year before they can put pen to paper).

    https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...-winners/55542

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    The 2020 roster is now posted at Go Duke and I saw two items I thought were newsworthy.

    CJ Carpenter is back for another year. When he went on his scoring tear at the end of last season, it was widely reported that CJ had missed 2018 with an injury. Hopefully, he will continue to build on last year’s success.

    A bigger surprise (at least for me) is that Turner Uppgren is listed on the roster as a graduate student. His bio confirms he redshirted in 2016. I thought Turner provided consistent goaltending last year and, given that none of the other goalies on last year’s roster played extensively, I had thought that the goalie position could be a potential problem in 2020.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by DST Fan View Post
    The 2020 roster is now posted at Go Duke and I saw two items I thought were newsworthy.

    CJ Carpenter is back for another year. When he went on his scoring tear at the end of last season, it was widely reported that CJ had missed 2018 with an injury. Hopefully, he will continue to build on last year’s success.

    A bigger surprise (at least for me) is that Turner Uppgren is listed on the roster as a graduate student. His bio confirms he redshirted in 2016. I thought Turner provided consistent goaltending last year and, given that none of the other goalies on last year’s roster played extensively, I had thought that the goalie position could be a potential problem in 2020.
    thanks for posting that...I had noted Uppgren (he was indeed solid last year) but missed on Carpenter...I'm still distressed about how we gave away the UVA game to end the season. Ouch.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    thanks for posting that...I had noted Uppgren (he was indeed solid last year) but missed on Carpenter...I'm still distressed about how we gave away the UVA game to end the season. Ouch.
    Me too re the last game of the season. That pass out of bounds. Nightmares. Compiling this epic class in 2021 is helping a bit.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by bigperm13 View Post
    Me too re the last game of the season. That pass out of bounds. Nightmares. Compiling this epic class in 2021 is helping a bit.
    Damn. I had forgotten that.

    By the way, did all of our 21 class sign letters of intent?
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by bigperm13 View Post
    Me too re the last game of the season. That pass out of bounds. Nightmares. Compiling this epic class in 2021 is helping a bit.
    This is wa-a-a-ay too soon!

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Damn. I had forgotten that.

    By the way, did all of our 21 class sign letters of intent?
    Not for another year. They could all change their mind.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by bigperm13 View Post
    Not for another year. They could all change their mind.
    I believe that substantially all of the 20’s signed last week. IL had a photo of the St. Anthony’s signing day ceremony that included four kids in Duke sweatshirts—O’Neill, Naso, Danenza, and a young woman I didn’t recognize.

  19. #19
    One Duke freshman and three 2020 commits survived the latest round of cuts for the U.S. U-19 team.

    Congrats to the two Jakes (Caputo and Naso), Brennan O’Neill, and Cole Krauss.

    72 days til Air Force.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Duke Quartet Picked for 26-Player U.S. Training Roster

    https://goduke.com/news/2019/11/21/m...ng-roster.aspx
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Similar Threads

  1. Summer Lax News and Notes
    By burnspbesq in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 08-21-2019, 01:20 PM
  2. Summer Lax News and Notes
    By burnspbesq in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 08-29-2018, 12:19 PM
  3. Fall Lax News and Notes
    By burnspbesq in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2016, 10:16 AM
  4. Summer Lax News and Notes 1
    By burnspbesq in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-02-2016, 09:44 AM
  5. Summer Lax News and Notes
    By burnspbesq in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-20-2014, 02:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •